Why no Felise?

Post Reply
User avatar
Club Sandwich
Member
Member
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon 21 Apr, 2014 6:46 pm
Location: Melbourne

Why no Felise?

Post by Club Sandwich » Sat 02 Jul, 2016 4:46 pm

No idea why Felise didnt make the final team for the game against Penrith. Thought he has been one of our better players in recent weeks.
Does anyone know if he picked up an injury?
No MCK either? Jeez
Tigers tragic since 1980.


User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 3196
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Sat 02 Jul, 2016 5:01 pm

I would suggest it is just to balance the bench and have a backrower and hooker on there. Seems Woods, Sue, Ava & Grant are rated above him, but he is a great backup.

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 32200
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: Perth

Post by willow » Sat 02 Jul, 2016 5:09 pm

None of the players on the bench deserve to be dropped really. You could argue Farah should play 80 and Halatau miss out completely, but Taylor has made his stance clear on that issue.

lathami
Member
Member
Posts: 338
Joined: Wed 15 Jul, 2009 6:03 pm

Post by lathami » Sat 02 Jul, 2016 5:18 pm

willow wrote:None of the players on the bench deserve to be dropped really. You could argue Farah should play 80 and Halatau miss out completely, but Taylor has made his stance clear on that issue.
Rubbish, Lovett is such a one dimensional and the love child of the scarecrow! Is the only reason he's in the team.
Felise was almost the best player on field last week, so much for the policy on the best players for positions??

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 32200
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: Perth

Post by willow » Sat 02 Jul, 2016 5:22 pm

lathami wrote:
willow wrote:None of the players on the bench deserve to be dropped really. You could argue Farah should play 80 and Halatau miss out completely, but Taylor has made his stance clear on that issue.
Rubbish, Lovett is such a one dimensional and the love child of the scarecrow! Is the only reason he's in the team.
Felise was almost the best player on field last week, so much for the policy on the best players for positions??
Lovett does his job well. Take the blinkers off.


User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 27808
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sat 02 Jul, 2016 8:01 pm

lathami wrote:
willow wrote:None of the players on the bench deserve to be dropped really. You could argue Farah should play 80 and Halatau miss out completely, but Taylor has made his stance clear on that issue.
Rubbish, Lovett is such a one dimensional and the love child of the scarecrow! Is the only reason he's in the team.
Felise was almost the best player on field last week, so much for the policy on the best players for positions??
The kid is 19 playing one of the toughest positions on the field...one thing I'll give Taylor is player welfare is one of his priorities...Lovett saved 3 tries today...

Have a lie down..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm


Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4381
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by southerntiger » Sat 02 Jul, 2016 8:50 pm

Lovett is a much improved player. I was a massive critic of his 12 months ago and went as far as saying that re-signing was a disgraceful decision. But the change in him his remarkeable. 12 months his metres after contact was nil, now he is making 4-5 metres each run after contact. Impressive.

He obviously has a great work ethic and is a great defender pound for pound. He can miss tackles on big fellas one on one but has been much better this year.
Last edited by southerntiger on Sat 02 Jul, 2016 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2294
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Sat 02 Jul, 2016 10:03 pm

I still have a problem with Dene being in the team, wasted spot for 18 minutes game time.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21004
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 02 Jul, 2016 10:07 pm

bathursttiger wrote:I still have a problem with Dene being in the team, wasted spot for 18 minutes game time.
Not really. It allows Farah to sit out the intensity of the first 20. That should be his role for the rest of the yr, just playing the first 20, unless there are injuries.

southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4381
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by southerntiger » Sat 02 Jul, 2016 10:24 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
bathursttiger wrote:I still have a problem with Dene being in the team, wasted spot for 18 minutes game time.
Not really. It allows Farah to sit out the intensity of the first 20. That should be his role for the rest of the yr, just playing the first 20, unless there are injuries.
Yep. Its wound back the years for Robbie. Great idea JT.

Post Reply