Tedesco

southerntiger

Re: Tedesco

Post by southerntiger » Sat 02 Jul, 2016 10:32 pm

I will take two clear assists over one try any day.

Milky

Post by Milky » Sat 02 Jul, 2016 10:36 pm

I have to agree with OP

I can't understand how Tedesco is starting at fullback ahead of Justin Hunt

stevied

Post by stevied » Sat 02 Jul, 2016 10:43 pm

Clearly, Tedesco is a marked man but it didn't stop him slicing through on two occasons and setting up two tries. Tries or try assists, it doesn't matter, he is the most damaging runner in the game at the moment. Imagine what his stats would be if he hadn't missed so much playing time.....The thing is about him is that he does everything to an excellent level. He is an elite broken field runner, hits a gap like a train, catches the high ball with precision, is a rock as a last line of defense and he has ball skills like Brett Hodgson did....He is without peer as the best fullback in the game and should replace Moylan at the back for the Blues.

coopy

Post by coopy » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 12:31 am

Teddy was by far and away the classiest player on the field tonight and as long as he can set up tries like he did tonight, then I won't care if scores one a season.

The OP does sort of make a point about Teddy receiving the ball when we are going sideways. Teams know what is coming when we shift and do a sweeping back line play with Teddy playing the extra man in the back line. Quite rightly he is our go to man and everyone know it.

We did not use that move as much tonight and got Teddy the ball earlier which provided him room to use his acceleration.

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 12:48 am

stevied wrote:Clearly, Tedesco is a marked man but it didn't stop him slicing through on two occasons and setting up two tries. Tries or try assists, it doesn't matter, he is the most damaging runner in the game at the moment. Imagine what his stats would be if he hadn't missed so much playing time.....The thing is about him is that he does everything to an excellent level. He is an elite broken field runner, hits a gap like a train, catches the high ball with precision, is a rock as a last line of defense and he has ball skills like Brett Hodgson did....He is without peer as the best fullback in the game and should replace Moylan at the back for the Blues.
I don't think any of this gushing is over the top.

Tedesco is so good he would make QLD!

He is just on another level. Don't look now but we have ourselves an elite player.

The 3,2,1 voting for each game should just be called Tedesco,2,1.
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

tigerbill

Post by tigerbill » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 1:10 am

Talk of Tedesco fit for Origin makes me laugh. The question is: are the blues good enough for Tedesco. He would be the best on the park by a mile. He could probably even make it interesting again because atm its just a boring grindfest.

cochise

Post by cochise » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 2:59 am

coopy wrote:Teddy was by far and away the classiest player on the field tonight and as long as he can set up tries like he did tonight, then I won't care if scores one a season.

The OP does sort of make a point about Teddy receiving the ball when we are going sideways. Teams know what is coming when we shift and do a sweeping back line play with Teddy playing the extra man in the back line. Quite rightly he is our go to man and everyone know it.

We did not use that move as much tonight and got Teddy the ball earlier which provided him room to use his acceleration.
I do agree that teams see Teddy sweeping around the back coming but he is too good to contain all game as we saw tonightwith him burning Cartwright twice. We also ggot them with the variation on this play hitting the lead runner allowing Lawrence to go straight through the defensive. That gap was created by the defensive line reading Teddy out the back. So just because you see it coming doesn't mean you can stop it.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 3:04 am

the guy is like an Exocet missle
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Curaeus

Post by Curaeus » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 3:20 am

Teddy is our Johnathan Thurston. A once in a generation player. I still shudder when I rememberl how close we came to losing him to the Raiders a few years back.

ryanda01

Post by ryanda01 » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 3:57 am

Geo. wrote:Is better than Jesus...
Doubt anyone could sum up Teddy in less then these 4 words.

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 6:16 am

stevied wrote:Clearly, Tedesco is a marked man but it didn't stop him slicing through on two occasons and setting up two tries. Tries or try assists, it doesn't matter, he is the most damaging runner in the game at the moment. Imagine what his stats would be if he hadn't missed so much playing time.....The thing is about him is that he does everything to an excellent level. He is an elite broken field runner, hits a gap like a train, catches the high ball with precision, is a rock as a last line of defense and he has ball skills like Brett Hodgson did....He is without peer as the best fullback in the game and should replace Moylan at the back for the Blues.
X2
He's actually got a damn good kicking game too. Just doesn't need to use it that often!

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 8:09 am

I think as mentioned he is close to the best player in the game. Thurston is the only player I think is at the same level. He is easily the best fullback in the game.