Defence won us the game: Taylor

cktiger

Re: Defence won us the game: Taylor

Post by cktiger » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 10:28 am

gallagher wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:Of course Taylor deserves some credit but surely Farah deserves to retain his no. 9 guernsey, there is no real competition for the spot. And Brookes is missing in action on this board as well.
Farah off the bench is working very well.
If you were interested in the team winning you'd see this.
If you were interested in the team winning by more or not have to chase a lead you might want him on for the 80.
We are a far better team when he is on the paddock.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 10:30 am

Just think what might of been if our defense didn't stiffle the Pamfers from scoring 5-6 more TRIES .....Penalties and possession was in their favour...

The scramble from our guys was imppresive...the set defense still needs a heap of work if we want to contend in finals footy...Josh and Brett Morris will be licking their lips next week...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 10:32 am

cktiger wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:Of course Taylor deserves some credit but surely Farah deserves to retain his no. 9 guernsey, there is no real competition for the spot. And Brookes is missing in action on this board as well.
If you were interested in the team winning by more or not have to chase a lead you might want him on for the 80.
I don't think Farah has quality 80 mins in him. His performances off the bench has vindicated Taylor's decision.
Only Farah's staunchest supporters don't see it.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 10:39 am

southerntiger wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
stevetiger wrote:Typical stupid Taylor comments. There is some truth there in that our defence was great. We won though because we played some great attacking footy and really gave it a shot.

Defence is important but it's obvious that when we attack we are a quality footy team.
And how would we attacked if our defence didn't create so many turnovers

Pease don't take this the wrong way Steve , but at first I thought you were just stirring the pot , now I just think you lack a clue
I like Steve. He has an opinion. I agree with very little of them but at least they are well formed. Once again I dont agree with what he says here but lacking a clue is a bit harsh.
I don't mind Steve either ST

He's just wrong , that's all

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 10:40 am

gallagher wrote:
Of course I am happy with the result but hasn't on previous occasion Farah kept no. 9 inspite of being on bench?

Was there not much action on Brookes side of the field last night for him being MIA?
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 10:44 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Of course I am happy with the result but hasn't on previous occasion Farah kept no. 9 inspite of being on bench?

Was there not much action on Brookes side of the field last night for him being MIA?
So your happy with him coming off the bench but want him wearing no9? Is that it?

stevied

Post by stevied » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 10:48 am

The fact that Penrith enjoyed 60 % of the ball and that they threw plenty at us without scoring for 50 minutes shows that our defense went a long way towards winning us the game. Actually, I thought the team showed a lot of determination, guts and desire to play for each other despite being caned by an unfair, incompetent performance by the referees. Having said that, the brilliance of our attack kept us far enough in front that we were never really threatened after half time. I thought it was an excellent effort that demonstrated improving maturity, as well as effective attack and defense.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 10:54 am

gallagher wrote:
cktiger wrote:
gallagher wrote:
I don't think Farah has quality 80 mins in him. His performances off the bench has vindicated Taylor's decision.
So, you're saying Halatau is doing a great job when he's on in place of Farah?
What a waste that is.
If you don't see the team wants Farah out there and lift when he comes on you're not watching too closely.
If Taylor sticks to running another hooker out they should blood Liddle (unless cap restraints are stopping them).
That kid is going to be really good.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 10:56 am

gallagher wrote:
cktiger wrote:
gallagher wrote:
....and NSW selectors
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 11:02 am

cktiger wrote:
gallagher wrote:
cktiger wrote:
gallagher wrote: Farah off the bench is working very well.
What a waste that is.
If you don't see the team wants Farah out there and lift when he comes on you're not watching too closely.
If Taylor sticks to running another hooker out they should blood Liddle (unless cap restraints are stopping them).
I don't see the point of only playing Halatua for 18 mins. Farah playing 60 odd minutes is working tho.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 11:04 am

gallagher wrote:
cktiger wrote:
gallagher wrote:
cktiger wrote:
What a waste that is.
I don't see the point of only playing Halatua for 18 mins. Farah playing 60 odd minutes is working tho.
I wonder when SOO is finished whether we will see a change

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 12:09 pm

gallagher wrote: I don't see the point of only playing Halatua for 18 mins. Farah playing 60 odd minutes is working tho.
He may just be keeping him as a reserve in case of injury but is otherwise happy to let the balance of the forwards play slightly longer minutes. With the exception of Aloiai they all seem to have the tanks for it and they're all probably going to be more effective than Dene (even if he is on fresh legs).

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 12:13 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote: Of course I am happy with the result but hasn't on previous occasion Farah kept no. 9 inspite of being on bench?
What is this under 12's? The number he's wearing means nothing. Josh Morris was wearing No. 23 the other night and I'm sure he couldn't have cared less.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 12:51 pm

Nelson wrote:
gallagher wrote: I don't see the point of only playing Halatua for 18 mins. Farah playing 60 odd minutes is working tho.
He may just be keeping him as a reserve in case of injury but is otherwise happy to let the balance of the forwards play slightly longer minutes. With the exception of Aloiai they all seem to have the tanks for it and they're all probably going to be more effective than Dene (even if he is on fresh legs).
If that's the thinking then i wonder if he's working up to Liddle debuting.

strrretch

Post by strrretch » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 12:58 pm

It really was a good defensive effort, held them out many times. They did much better than I thought they would, it was good to see, hope they can keep up the good work. Sue was awesome

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 1:05 pm

gallagher wrote:
If that's the thinking then i wonder if he's working up to Liddle debuting.[/quote]

Yeah maybe, I think he's probably entitled to be cautious about the prospect of debuting a 19 year old at hooker. I wouldn't be doing it against the Dogs pack but maybe Round 20 against the Dragons after having a good look at him over the next few weeks in NSW Cup.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 1:07 pm

our defence was great. their tries:

1. mansour went out imo. the scramble from teddy was great in that try.
2. noffa got taken out for sure. he grabs that 9/10 times. he never misses those.
3. fair try. poor D
4. 2m forward pass
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Sun 03 Jul, 2016 1:22 pm

cktiger wrote:
gallagher wrote:
cktiger wrote:
gallagher wrote: Farah off the bench is working very well.
What a waste that is.
Agree once Farah came out the team fired looked much more cohesive imo. He also backed up and scored a brilliant try too, not sure what else the bloke has to do to be honest. Great game Robbie.