Brooks and Moses

teddy23

Brooks and Moses

Post by teddy23 » Mon 04 Jul, 2016 10:38 pm

These boys need to be on fire and combine together in order for us to walk away with the win imo

T. rex will be running all day at Moses, they'll be targeting that side with Kev and Nofa also defending their against the Morris brothers. I am very concerned with our right side defence for this game.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Geo. » Mon 04 Jul, 2016 10:47 pm

simple dont let the Dogs anywhere near our 20.... That'll fix them...

As GNR said the Dogs are over rated trash?...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Nors05

Post by Nors05 » Tue 05 Jul, 2016 12:07 am

teddy23 wrote:These boys need to be on fire and combine together in order for us to walk away with the win imo

T. rex will be running all day at Moses, they'll be targeting that side with Kev and Nofa also defending their against the Morris brothers. I am very concerned with our right side defence for this game.
If I was JT I would go with the predicted team as a smokescreen and then on the day switch things up with Lawrence at 5/8 and Moses at Fullback.

They will have been practising all week T-Rex running at Moses, suddenly he is running at Lawrence who can more than hold his own against big men.

The defensive benefit to our right side would completely outweigh any other downsides. Moses can still chime in to set plays as needed and Lawrence can just run the ball off Brooks.

willow

Post by willow » Tue 05 Jul, 2016 6:49 am

The big problem we face is stopping their forward pack. They have plenty of size and their halves and outside backs are playing well. I think we'll struggle this week.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 05 Jul, 2016 7:39 am

Hopefully somehow with good play they can rattle the kennel and make a contest out of it
Last edited by Byron Bay Fan on Tue 05 Jul, 2016 7:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Tue 05 Jul, 2016 7:40 am

I agree with willow. I think we may struggle. Still we have a good team with some top quality players even with the big 3 out. I'd love to see the coaching staff get us up for this one and we win it. It'd go a long way to them proving they are capable at this level.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 05 Jul, 2016 8:04 am

It will be a struggle this week. We're better off chalking this one off and looking to after the bye. We have a reasonable run home to give ourselves a fighting chance. And we are in good enough form. And when I say "we" I mean we as the forum should be looking ahead. Obviously the players will be confident, but we're gonna need everything go our way just to start with.

TigersFTW

Post by TigersFTW » Tue 05 Jul, 2016 8:21 am

I just hope it's not a blow out that mucks up our for and against. I think we can survive a loss but not a massive one. Very concerned about the damage Brett Morris can do. Has been on fire since he came back and between him and Josh they will most likely carve up any careless defenders. I think that's definitely what they need to keep going from the Panthers game. It looks like JT has proved his point about winning on the back of good D the past few games. I'm guessing it'll be a similar side to the one that played the Broncos which is promising. Gotta be make or break for the Noffo/Naiqama combo at the end of the day. Can't afford liabilities at this stage of the comp. And hopefully we learned a few things from our last effort. If I remember we took on their forward pack up the middle and went nowhere. With Addo Carr on the wing we should have a few chances there this time

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 05 Jul, 2016 8:40 am

The Dogs are inform atm. From what I've seen of them over the last few weeks is their forwards have rediscovered their passing game. I'm not taking just offloads up the middle but the type of passes that ET can do for us at 13. The problem is they have 5 forwards that can do this. Which gives the Morris Bros heaps of space. Or a big forward to get one on one.
They have threats all across the line as opposed to a team like Souths where you know where the threat is and have time to react.
With Woods , Teddy and Farah out we should be looking to change our game up a bit this week.
I agree with the poster above who suggested Lawerence at 5/8 and Moses at 1. Also MCK at centre.
I'd only go with these changes for this week , until our Origin players are back. A more defence orientated game is needed this week.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Tue 05 Jul, 2016 9:26 am

Will be interesting how they play the hooking position. I may be inclined to use lovett/halatau there. Think putting et there weakens our attack too much. I'm not sure this is the game to blood liddle.

Bring Mck in as a defensive centre. Shift rankin to fullback and Kev out to the wing.

Ji felise comes in. Ava to start.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Tue 05 Jul, 2016 10:08 am

Both teams form has been difficult to read - however we are far more weakened by losing our three than they are by losing Klemmer and Jackson. Could be a back to reality moment I fear.

teddy23

Post by teddy23 » Tue 05 Jul, 2016 10:34 am

Nors05 wrote:
teddy23 wrote:These boys need to be on fire and combine together in order for us to walk away with the win imo

If I was JT I would go with the predicted team as a smokescreen and then on the day switch things up with Lawrence at 5/8 and Moses at Fullback.

They will have been practising all week T-Rex running at Moses, suddenly he is running at Lawrence who can more than hold his own against big men.

The defensive benefit to our right side would completely outweigh any other downsides. Moses can still chime in to set plays as needed and Lawrence can just run the ball off Brooks.
I like that idea a lot, if anyone remembers Moses's debut was at fullback against the dogs and he played exceptionally well having a hand in like 5 tries

teddy23

Post by teddy23 » Tue 05 Jul, 2016 10:35 am

Nors05 wrote:

I like that idea a lot, if anyone remembers Moses's debut was at fullback against the dogs and he played exceptionally well having a hand in like 5 tries

Having Lawrence at 5/8 will really benefit us defensive wise and will give Brooks more ball which he strives off

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Tue 05 Jul, 2016 11:18 am

I don't expect us to win this one. But i do expect 100% effort and commitment from our boys.

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Tue 05 Jul, 2016 11:42 am

teddy23 wrote:
Nors05 wrote:

Having Lawrence at 5/8 will really benefit us defensive wise and will give Brooks more ball which he strives off
Could be the way to go, especially if ET continues his ball-playing role at lock. Also allows Mitch to chip in when he likes from FB & Brooks to run the show.

So do we then bring Siro back into 1sts or MCK to cover for Rowdy at 2nd row? Or Edwards in the prop rotation & Sue 2nd row?

A bit to think about for JT this week.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 05 Jul, 2016 11:44 am

Brooks and Moses's chance to shine and lead this side to a famous victory

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue 05 Jul, 2016 11:57 am

happy tiger wrote:Brooks and Moses's chance to shine and lead this side to a famous victory
As you Know Happy - they won't be leading anyone, anywhere if the forwards don't at the very least hold the Bulldogs forwards.

Hopefully they can - that will at least give us an even chance.

barra

Post by barra » Tue 05 Jul, 2016 2:05 pm

Apart from T-Rex etc, the Morris boys are fair-weather footballers and love playing against teams like us. Being overlooked for Origin will only give them more reason to run amok... I predict it will get ugly for our RHS.