*Live game thread - Wests Tigers v Bulldogs*

tigerstragic

Re: *Live game thread - Wests Tigers v Bulldogs*

Post by tigerstragic » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 10:14 pm

The problem with Lawrence is that Tigers want him to be a Gareth Ellis................he's not. some points I noted.
-Grant was good but still either stops just before being hit or runs sideways and is an easy target
-Sue couldnt run in the last 20 miniutes becasue of his injury so why was he out there
-Lovett does nothing for me and is OK but takes too long to get back in defence
-Overall our Line speed is crap
-Options on 5th tackle when we are more than forty out is poor.
-If you weight less than 9Okg and you are running first tackle up at a pack the size of bulldogs......go low and go to ground................schoolboy stuff actually
-Rankin takes kick from simonas and we would have won
- If Nofo takes that high ball late in the second half and we we win late seonc half
- IfKevin N takes thatintercept, they dont score............we would have been hard to peg back
- If Brooks kick to the corner late is second half holds up in goal we win
-If Bounce of ball late in second half with ado carr chasing actually (for once in the 50 years I have been following Magpies/tigers) goes our way............ we win
- Problem is too many "ifs"
- Actaully spend some money and get a D coach who has played in the backs ............we will win many games
- We nearly beat the Storm, we nearly beat Dogs.............get some money on us beating Raiders in last round to make it to the 8
Last edited by tigerstragic on Sat 09 Jul, 2016 10:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Wagga Tiger

Post by Wagga Tiger » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 10:16 pm

"What you reckon Rankin?"

Ron Massey, you couldn't drop any ISP player for him.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 10:21 pm

criwdfluffer wrote:Rankin is a BUM!
That's the polite way of describing his game tonight. :lol:

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 10:24 pm

ricksen wrote:
stevetiger wrote:Lawrence was actually really good. We were good.
On what grounds was he really good? He missed 5 tackles, including a terrible effort on the match-winning try.
Two crucial errors in our own end as well.
Fatigue ?
Dogs are a huge pack, hitups and tackles in D wear you out eventually
CL usually doesnt get subbed off, not his fault if the coach thought he was good to stay on when he too tired.

That dropped ball, ah well that was just a good shot on him under the ball.
Even the most secure drop those ones.

If we win we dont go over this with a fine tooth comb.
Sadly the results are different and we all hurting

So close yet so far ...

Cheffo

Post by Cheffo » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 10:26 pm

Some sad small minded little key board warriors amongst this forum. It was a great effort against a much more experienced and better credentialed side. We had 3 origin players missing, they had a couple but 4 recent origin players and a kiwi international formed their backline. 2 international players on the bench plus a couple more in their starting pack. You guys can be so bloody harsh and some of you have no idea at all. That said the right hand side defence drives me insane, but overall I thought it was a pretty gutsy performance. Give me that effort every week and I'll be happy.

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 10:30 pm

magpiecol wrote:
happy tiger wrote:Brooks second half was horrendous

Poor options ,poor passes , poor kicking game and playing at that grubber

Gutsy effort by the team as a whole , could have so easily been a win

Brooks needs to watch himself. Hunt played really well earlier and could press for a first grade spot. Can kick goals as well.

Rankin, Lawrence, Lovett ( how he keeps getting picked is a mystery) ordinary.

Marsters again played well in reserve grade as did the fullback.

Our right side defence is just awful. Really awful.

We could go alright in this competition if we made some changes. A couple in the forwards (Liddle and Farah as hookers ), Marsters to second row.

The backs need a new broom. Rankin out, Kevin out, Hunt for Brooks.

Discuss.
I wasn't overly impressed with any of that reserve team today. I think marsters was taken into touch twice. I'd like littlejohn in for Brooks though.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 10:32 pm

Cheffo wrote:Some sad small minded little key board warriors amongst this forum. It was a great effort against a much more experienced and better credentialed side. We had 3 origin players missing, they had a couple but 4 recent origin players and a kiwi international formed their backline. 2 international players on the bench plus a couple more in their starting pack. You guys can be so bloody harsh and some of you have no idea at all. That said the right hand side defence drives me insane, but overall I thought it was a pretty gutsy performance. Give me that effort every week and I'll be happy.
Cheffo, i think its the frustration in most thats surfacing right now and the main reason is how close we actually were to winning that game.

Being no chance on paper. Im sure every Tigers fan knew we needed a miracle to win that and to see us compete well only to cough up that game is really sad and disappointing.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 10:32 pm

Reality is JT just does not have the cattle , as I posted earlier the same culprits are making the same mistakes and on a regular basis .Until more talented and Experiananced players are add to this team not much else will change ,Rowdy needs a break through the game as his mistakes come when he tires .

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 10:35 pm

wd in perth wrote:
magpiecol wrote:
happy tiger wrote:Brooks second half was horrendous

Poor options ,poor passes , poor kicking game and playing at that grubber

Gutsy effort by the team as a whole , could have so easily been a win

Brooks needs to watch himself. Hunt played really well earlier and could press for a first grade spot. Can kick goals as well.

Rankin, Lawrence, Lovett ( how he keeps getting picked is a mystery) ordinary.

Marsters again played well in reserve grade as did the fullback.

Our right side defence is just awful. Really awful.

We could go alright in this competition if we made some changes. A couple in the forwards (Liddle and Farah as hookers ), Marsters to second row.

The backs need a new broom. Rankin out, Kevin out, Hunt for Brooks.

Discuss.
I wasn't overly impressed with any of that reserve team today. I think marsters was taken into touch twice. I'd like littlejohn in for Brooks though.
Yeah you are right, way too many mistakes in the ISP game
At times it was frustrating to watch.
Sirro and a couple others had a good game but otherwise errors galore.
Glad we won that game though at the end

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 10:37 pm

Love the WestsTigers wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Liddle was impressive. Looks big enough already.
Mickey D, i cant call that performance impressive
No hooker is impressive if all he does is pass from dummy half and sadly that was bulk of his role

A good hooker goes for runs, penetrates the defence or lack of, is intelligent and thinks on his feet.

I only saw him do his job tonight, not go above and beyond.
so i will reserve the label of impressive till i have seen a bit more of him perhaps

Solid for tonight though
I agree, but i think he was following JT's instructions. Playing it safe.

Post by 851 » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 10:41 pm

Wagga Tiger wrote:"What you reckon Rankin?"

I just dont get the love for him, he is not a wingers backside yet keeps getting picked there. The lovers say he is out of position and doing a good job, well no he is not doing a good job of wing.
Now tonight he was playing in his favoured position, yet was terrible, his mistakes were why we lost, he is a reserve grader and should play there.
It is no surprise that he only had us trying to bring him back from the esl, please for the love of god selection team get rid of this bloke from the NRL team.
Go hard or go home

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 10:43 pm

wd in perth wrote:At some point, our team will realise that one out plays for a full set when we're behind with time running out isn't the best way to score points.
Yes, they needed to throw the ball around instead. But was not to be. :(

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 10:52 pm

notarealtiger wrote:I find it strange that the first half the ball mostly went to Moses, and the second half the ball mostly went to Brooks. Wasn't really looking at who was distributing but there needs to be a better balance. Specifically that last 10 minutes, when it was clear Brooks was beginning to make bad decisions, Moses should've gotten the ball more. Saw him calling for it a lot that second half and not getting it.

Lawrence had a bad game, but anyone calling for his head is surely overreacting, he's been great for us this year.

How many tackles did ET make? Geez, if we lose him, our defence will be even more tragic.
We looked a better team when Moses had the ball.

willow

Post by willow » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 11:08 pm

stevetiger wrote:Lawrence was actually really good. We were good. The main problem is that we had Tedesco out.
Lawrence had a solid first half. His second half sucked, plain and simple.

Chipofftheoldblock

Post by Chipofftheoldblock » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 11:22 pm

We lose games because of our right hand edge. Nofo and Kevin are the worst defensive pairing in the competition. The bulldogs exposed this time and time again on that side. We will continue to lose games because of this pair in defence.
Defence not attack wins games.
Another thing to note is our structure in the last 15min was shot. Brooks and Moses (who both had decent games) needed to step up and direct the team around and not have them bunched up. We lacked composure and leadership in that last 15min where the game was there to be won.
A little bit more width in attack against a big pack like the bulldogs would have gained more ground and better field position.

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 11:25 pm

851 wrote:Get the hell out of here Rankin, if you are in the team next week the selection team need sacking
X2!
Tigers tragic since 1980.

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 11:27 pm

Rankin should be banished to reserves after today. JAC to the wing the rest of the year.

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 11:33 pm

851 wrote:
Wagga Tiger wrote:"What you reckon Rankin?"

I just dont get the love for him, he is not a wingers backside yet keeps getting picked there. The lovers say he is out of position and doing a good job, well no he is not doing a good job of wing.
Now tonight he was playing in his favoured position, yet was terrible, his mistakes were why we lost, he is a reserve grader and should play there.
It is no surprise that he only had us trying to bring him back from the esl, please for the love of god selection team get rid of this bloke from the NRL team.
Well said. His play today was cringeworthy. I get that he's been playing out of position, but why put a below average player in an unfamiliar position when you could drop him and have an actual winger play that spot.
His play today should have told the selection committee once and for all that he is a reserve grader at most. Full stop.
It's players like Rankin and Malone that drag our team down. They have no business in first grade. I just get angry and annoyed now every time I see Rankin's name in the team.