*Live game thread - Wests Tigers v Bulldogs*

happy tiger

Re: *Live game thread - Wests Tigers v Bulldogs*

Post by happy tiger » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 9:55 pm

magpiecol wrote:
happy tiger wrote:Brooks second half was horrendous

Poor options ,poor passes , poor kicking game and playing at that grubber

Gutsy effort by the team as a whole , could have so easily been a win

Brooks needs to watch himself. Hunt played really well earlier and could press for a first grade spot. Can kick goals as well.

Rankin, Lawrence, Lovett ( how he keeps getting picked is a mystery) ordinary.

Marsters again played well in reserve grade as did the fullback.

Our right side defence is just awful. Really awful.

We could go alright in this competition if we made some changes. A couple in the forwards (Liddle and Farah as hookers ), Marsters to second row.

The backs need a new broom. Rankin out, Kevin out, Hunt for Brooks.

Discuss.
The thing that frustrates me most with Brooks its not if he takes the 2nd best option or 3rd best option when he gets it wrong , he makes an absolute clanger when he doesn't need to to push it

He was pretty good first half

Problem is we went past the point of no return with Brooks and that's the issue

criwdfluffer

Post by criwdfluffer » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 9:56 pm

You cant be really good when u drop 2 balls under little pressure when u are desperately clinging onto a lead and trying to get out of yer half.

Terrible mistakes.

And that missed tackle on our line....

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 9:56 pm

magpiecol wrote:

Brooks needs to watch himself. Hunt played really well earlier and could press for a first grade spot. Can kick goals as well.

We could go alright in this competition if we made some changes. A couple in the forwards (Liddle and Farah as hookers ), Marsters to second row.

Discuss.
I wasn't overly impressed with any of that reserve team today. I think marsters was taken into touch twice. I'd like littlejohn in for Brooks though.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 9:56 pm

stevetiger wrote:Lawrence was actually really good. We were good. The main problem is that we had Tedesco out.
He puts the ice on the cake that is the attack. We were great tonight and got closer than the majority of us would have expected. We might just miss out on the finals this yr, but we're gonna be a damn good side next yr.

criwdfluffer

Post by criwdfluffer » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 9:57 pm

Brooks had a shocker too.

Every time we had some momentum he would kill it with a crap kick.

Its maddening!

coopy

Post by coopy » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 9:57 pm

A few things came out with this game:

1) Rankin does not offer much from the back. He isn't a fullback. Too slow and too small. He doesn't get our sets on a positive note and doesn't link with the back line well.

2) We looked in danger every time the dogs went down the right side. Something needs to be done. Unfortunately, I think Kevvie needs to go. For all his attacking skills he is too much a liability in defence.

3) Brooks and Moses are improving. Their game control and kicking are on the rise but their defence is still a worry.

4) Liddle looks the goods

5) I don't think we will make the 8. We will give it a shake but ultimately fall short. The biggest concern is that I cannot see us improving enough defensively until we make some personnel changes. 2017 may mimick 2016.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 9:58 pm

I think we are a good side now. The cattle is there.

Wagga Tiger

Post by Wagga Tiger » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 10:00 pm

magpiecol wrote:

Discuss.
Hunt for Brooks is funny, he is know where near a first grade halfback( Hunt that is). Rankin should go but Lovett did nothing wrong an Lawrence had a bad second 40.

Post by 851 » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 10:01 pm

magpiecol wrote:

Discuss.
Hard to argue with that Col, will be an interested spectator on tuesday week, some players should not be there if we are to make the 8
Go hard or go home

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 10:02 pm

Moses was quiet the last 10 when needing points. Brooks had more touches which didn't amount to much.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 10:03 pm

stevetiger wrote:Lawrence was actually really good. We were good.
On what grounds was he really good? He missed 5 tackles, including a terrible effort on the match-winning try.
Two crucial errors in our own end as well.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 10:05 pm

Wagga Tiger wrote:
magpiecol wrote:

Discuss.
Hunt for Brooks is funny, he is know where near a first grade halfback( Hunt that is).

i watched Hunt play 7 today, he simply can not replace Brooks.
That call was a bit over the top. Perhaps more in frustration
LittleJohn could but not Hunt
He didnt take the line on, he wasnt threatening and he was merely filling a void wearing 7

notarealtiger

Post by notarealtiger » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 10:06 pm

I find it strange that the first half the ball mostly went to Moses, and the second half the ball mostly went to Brooks. Wasn't really looking at who was distributing but there needs to be a better balance. Specifically that last 10 minutes, when it was clear Brooks was beginning to make bad decisions, Moses should've gotten the ball more. Saw him calling for it a lot that second half and not getting it.

Lawrence had a bad game, but anyone calling for his head is surely overreacting, he's been great for us this year.

How many tackles did ET make? Geez, if we lose him, our defence will be even more tragic.

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 10:09 pm

Lawrence had good game, but 3 of his errors were awful, the 1st killed our momentum when he droped the ball, 2nd again we had a good chance ot score and again he dropped it.
The 3rd one was the most painfull, when he played touch footy 2 m from the line on Rona, his inability to move quickly sideways was again exposed.
Our RH defence was again exposed, why we cannot do anything to teach Naiqama and Noofoaluma to support each other and not to rush for interecpt every time, leaving huge hole on RH.
If only Rankin caught that ball we could have win anyway :)
Refs again, an obvious error, Rankin was on the ground andt 2nd player comes in and push him over the line, penatly for any other club for sure.
35 missed tackles is not acceptable, of which by 25 by 5 players, Brooks 8, Lawrence 5, Simona, Naiqama and Rankin 4.
The completion was very good 81%, overall not a bad result without Tedesco :)

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 10:11 pm

I also am getting sick of players tearing out of the line and smashing thin air

Again another golden rule , if you come out of the line you have to hit and make it stick

I'd hate to be a back rower or winger in the WT's defensive line , it would drive me crazy

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 10:12 pm

That is a real bitter peel to swallow to be honest.

The team tried hard but a few handling errors by some individuals cost us as whole.

My take on a few.......
Rankin is not even 1st Grade standard, gee his poor offers nothing.
Nofo is a great meter eater but so poor on the high ball and defensive reads, he must be on every NRL's Coach hit list to bomb to on the last tackle.
Naiqama can't read a defensive play to save his life.
despite JAC having great speed, we loose so much meters on most occasions when taking a hit up and gets driven back. The height he has helps the opposition get under him and drive him back.
Lawrence had a very poor 2nd half with a couple of butter hands moment and a very poor attempt of a tackle on Rona that led to a soft Try. He had some very good carries but a bit over the top to suggest his not 1st Grade standard.

When Kaisiano and Williams come on against us there such a handful but there a bunch of lazy A R S E S when it comes to a much tougher opposition.

Anyway great effort and really should of won that.....What you reckon Rankin?
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 10:13 pm

Lawrence is not an 80 min player he needs a break as the mistakes come ,the same few culprits were at it again .JT is defiantly getting this side finally moving forward,unfortunately the team is probably around 4 NRL quality players short of being contenders .Good performance tonight but again falling short disappointing in the end the last 20min highlighted just where this team is at the moment they looked totally lost but in saying that I do see light at the end of the tunnel.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 10:14 pm

happy tiger wrote:I also am getting sick of players tearing out of the line and smashing thin air

Again another golden rule , if you come out of the line you have to hit and make it stick

I'd hate to be a back rower or winger in the WT's defensive line , it would drive me crazy
Happens way too often doesnt it happy ?
Going for the miracle intercept or the big hit on the invisible target.

Im gonna have to shave my head like Liam Fulton otherwise the missing patches will start to become noticeable
Last edited by Love the WestsTigers on Sat 09 Jul, 2016 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.