*Live game thread - Wests Tigers v Bulldogs*

Russell

Re: *Live game thread - Wests Tigers v Bulldogs*

Post by Russell » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 11:40 pm

851 wrote:
marzie wrote:If rankin didn't bomb that try I reckon we won.... :( they scored quite a few soft tries
Rankin is bog ordinary, why keep picking him, he bombed a sitter of a try, missed 2 tackles that led to trys, and threw the shocker pass to give the dogs a try late on.
But we leaked 32 points again, our defence is the second worse in the NRL.

A few ago JAC bombed a sitter, dropped high balls, watched a guy score a try whilst he stood in the in goal and didn't even try to help Teddy. Did that make him bog ordinary as well - not in your eyes from memory.

Everyone has a bad game but carry on....

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 11:44 pm

On Tuesday I'm hoping to see the following names omitted from our FG team list: Rankin, Naiqama, Lovett.
Tigers tragic since 1980.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 11:48 pm

Russell wrote:
851 wrote:
marzie wrote:If rankin didn't bomb that try I reckon we won.... :( they scored quite a few soft tries
Rankin is bog ordinary, why keep picking him, he bombed a sitter of a try, missed 2 tackles that led to trys, and threw the shocker pass to give the dogs a try late on.

A few ago JAC bombed a sitter, dropped high balls, watched a guy score a try whilst he stood in the in goal and didn't even try to help Teddy. Did that make him bog ordinary as well - not in your eyes from memory.

The forum always is always overreactive after a loss. The bottom line is we were in that game, and with a bounce of the ball going our way would have won it. That's a far cry from what the majority of us were expecting with no origin players. Tonight was not the end of the world, and i think the signs are great for after the bye. Do we have enough room for margin of error, maybe only just, but this side atm is as gutsy as you can get and they won't die wondering.

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 11:54 pm

I'm done with Nofoaluma. What's the point of having a great dummy half runner,if he lets in 3 tries a game?
He let Morris outside him and miraculously held him up,2 tackles later they suck him in again. He has been horrible defensively all year. He lacks speed and isn't safe under the high ball.

Post by 851 » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 12:18 am

Russell wrote:
851 wrote:

If you are happy with Rankin in the team you are very easily pleased, just because JT loves him does not mean you have to, ohh wait a sec.
Go hard or go home

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 12:42 am

Dissapointed but can't discount the quality of the opposition. They are a big strong side who are finding form - just out classed us.
Last edited by Telltails on Sun 10 Jul, 2016 1:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tuiaki Chicken Wings

Post by Tuiaki Chicken Wings » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 1:18 am

We tried to play a massive pack through the middle. Suicide with the size of our team. Needed to move the ball more move them around. Everytime we went through the middle especially in the second half they got numbers in and pushed us back. Our strength is out wide.. speed and creativity. Our pack is small and unless we got some quick PTB we were always going to be on the back foot. Plenty of heart tonight against an inform team but needed to play to our strengths. Rankin dropping that ball killed us. Cost us the game really and really shouldnt be in first grade

tigermac88

Post by tigermac88 » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 1:19 am

I was pleased with the effort shown, but Naiqama is a flog, he is the worst defender I've seen play in the centres in a long long time watching rugby league... Problem is he just doesn't seem to be getting any better. He goes alright in attack but unfortunately he needs to be able to defend as well. His defensive reads are laughable, if we had a decent right edge in defence we win that game. Other than that I'm not too disappointed in the effort from our boys.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 1:37 am

excellent game by Moses. Brookes missing that guy from behind was terrible.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 5:07 am

Missed out watching the game, but reading through this looks like another one that we could have won had we kept the errors to a minimum and didn't bomb a try.

Looked like we were fairly competitive for the most part though looking at the play by play on the NRL website.

Also, how badly do we need a defensive coach?

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 5:35 am

Cheffo wrote:Some sad small minded little key board warriors amongst this forum. It was a great effort against a much more experienced and better credentialed side. We had 3 origin players missing, they had a couple but 4 recent origin players and a kiwi international formed their backline. 2 international players on the bench plus a couple more in their starting pack. You guys can be so bloody harsh and some of you have no idea at all. That said the right hand side defence drives me insane, but overall I thought it was a pretty gutsy performance. Give me that effort every week and I'll be happy.
X2
"Quality Stupidity"

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 6:46 am

851 wrote:
Russell wrote:
851 wrote:

If you are happy with Rankin in the team you are very easily pleased, just because JT loves him does not mean you have to, ohh wait a sec.
I don't care how talented players are,they will all have bad games at times,Rankin wasn't great tonight and was also in doubt,he shouldn't be called names or singled out for tonight,others made bad blues as well,let's put it down to experience,usually Jordan gives 100% in a position he is unfamiliar with,the trouble tonight was that he had to fill the shoes of Teddy,no mean feat when you have a player of Teddy's ability ....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 9:33 am

tigermac88 wrote:I was pleased with the effort shown, but Naiqama is a flog, he is the worst defender I've seen play in the centres in a long long time watching rugby league... Problem is he just doesn't seem to be getting any better. He goes alright in attack but unfortunately he needs to be able to defend as well. His defensive reads are laughable, if we had a decent right edge in defence we win that game. Other than that I'm not too disappointed in the effort from our boys.
Having watched Watson Heleta's recent form I believe that he should be promoted as soon as possible to first grade. Wing or centre on the side which Naquima has been defending on would be ideal but Heleta can also very effectively fill in at fullback.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 11:16 am

wd in perth wrote:
magpiecol wrote:
happy tiger wrote:Brooks second half was horrendous

Poor options ,poor passes , poor kicking game and playing at that grubber

Gutsy effort by the team as a whole , could have so easily been a win

Brooks needs to watch himself. Hunt played really well earlier and could press for a first grade spot. Can kick goals as well.

Rankin, Lawrence, Lovett ( how he keeps getting picked is a mystery) ordinary.

Marsters again played well in reserve grade as did the fullback.

Our right side defence is just awful. Really awful.

We could go alright in this competition if we made some changes. A couple in the forwards (Liddle and Farah as hookers ), Marsters to second row.

The backs need a new broom. Rankin out, Kevin out, Hunt for Brooks.

Discuss.
I wasn't overly impressed with any of that reserve team today. I think marsters was taken into touch twice. I'd like littlejohn in for Brooks though.

It was a boring game alright, however, Marsters was taken into touch because he was playing in the centers at the time.

Hunt was very good in the halves and Littlejohn has a better kicking game than either Moses or Brooks.

But really, our right side defence is costing and has cost us dearly this year. Something MUST be done about it and quickly.

Post by 851 » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 11:20 am

TrueTiger wrote:
851 wrote:
Russell wrote:
851 wrote: Rankin is bog ordinary, why keep picking him, he bombed a sitter of a try, missed 2 tackles that led to trys, and threw the shocker pass to give the dogs a try late on.

I don't care how talented players are,they will all have bad games at times,Rankin wasn't great tonight and was also in doubt,he shouldn't be called names or singled out for tonight,others made bad blues as well,let's put it down to experience,usually Jordan gives 100% in a position he is unfamiliar with,the trouble tonight was that he had to fill the shoes of Teddy,no mean feat when you have a player of Teddy's ability ....
He should not be picked on the wing, he is not a winger, so why keep picking him there, it is just stupid.
He got to play his favoured position but played even worse, he needs to be dropped, Kev also, how he keeps getting selected is amazing considering JT's all about defence.
Tuesday week will tell me a lot about our chances of the 8 this year, because doing the same thing over and over hoping for a different result is insane.
Go hard or go home