We Are Not on the Bulldogs Level......Yet....

Sco77y

Re: We Are Not on the Bulldogs Level......Yet....

Post by Sco77y » Mon 11 Jul, 2016 3:17 pm

All of this, and yet we looked like winning that game on a couple of occassions, against the Bulldogs will essentially a full strength side. I dont think we're far off, and even though we're not on the same level as the Bulldogs yet (mainly in experience), when we do get there it's looking like we'll be well above that level.

Juro

Post by Juro » Tue 12 Jul, 2016 9:40 am

We played really well for large chunks of the game. Our attack was threatening and we took our opportunities in the first half. In the second half we continued to make opportunities but couldn't capitalise.

Our defense was good in patches, but at other times the Bulldogs ripped us apart. We did well to scramble and shut down some of their opportunities but not enough.

I was happy to see us really push the Bulldogs, who are one of the stronger teams. They had to play well to win, and I thought the final scoreline flattered them. If we had played like this against other teams, or with our rep players in the team, we probably would have come up with the win.

The real test will come in the final 7 games. Can we play at this level consistently? We have lots of games coming up where we are a serious chance of winning. We need to win 5 of 7 to get to 28 points.
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Tue 12 Jul, 2016 10:50 am

Juro wrote:The real test will come in the final 7 games. Can we play at this level consistently?
Yes they can. Since the Canberra game (round 8), you remove the round 10 match against the Dogs and the first half against the Storm (round 16), they have actually been relatively consistent.

This consistency should also take into consideration that in the 10 rounds since the Canberra match, 4 matches have been against teams destined for the top 5 (Melbourne, Canterbury (2) & Brisbane). Other than the Roosters match, they have beaten every team that is "around" their level.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Tue 12 Jul, 2016 12:55 pm

We are not a top four team by a long shot and maybe not even a top six team, but by the end of the season we will be a better side than 7 and 8 although we might not make it to the finals. This team has come on leaps and bounds over the past month or so, and I was like a lot of others who thought the grind would have caught up with us by now.

What I like is there is much more improvement still to go. Fingers crossed this time next year we will be right up there with pace setters