Congratulations Tigers

WestsSupporter

Congratulations Tigers

Post by WestsSupporter » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 3:51 am

I haven't read any of the wash up from last night's game. I just wanted to post a message letting everyone know how proud I was to be a Wests Tigers supporter last night.

We played a team that totally dominated our forward pack, yet we were probably one James Tedesco away from winning. Yes our team is far from perfect, but it gives me pride to know those guys gave it their all.

The other team was the better team. Without nitpicking, I don't know what more we could have done. Jordan Rankin, I know you had a tough game, but you've played well before and there's no reason you can't again.

So say what you want. I love this team and performances like this will make me never lose hope. Keep going hard boys.
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.

WestsSupporter

Post by WestsSupporter » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 3:55 am

Also, one James Tedesco is now a unit of measurement.
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.

tigeress

Post by tigeress » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 8:38 am

I too would be happy to congratulate Wests Tigers on their performance last night against a team almost at full strength. :righton:

Good work Tigers, I hope you can achieve top 8 status this season , the way you have been performing recently, and you are improving each week - you deserve it. :P

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 9:22 am

Congratulations on the improvements you have made so far this season Wests Tigers. Importantly however, the season has a way to go yet before it is over. Keep the hard work and improvement going it will continue to pay dividends.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 9:27 am

With the previous weeks posts in mind - there would only be one or two that would not have been happy with that effort and score leading up to the game.

Frustration has led to a lot of Forumers overlooking the effort and berating the team overall - for a game most didn't expect to win anyway.

Well done Tigers - the effort was great against a top 4 side that people said would be our benchmark. Well we measured ourselves against the benchmark and the measurement was good. Errors cost us, as they usually do other teams but if we need to know how we are going, the answer is "not too bad."

We can all single out players for rebuke, refereeing decisions, poor options etc. however the effort was there and with 3 SOO players missing (we missed our three much more than they missed their two) and a first time dummy half in Liddle we did extremely well.

Make no mistake we need to be better (except maybe ET) but it is inexperience that gives us that "rocks and diamonds" consistency. When we are good, we are almost there, when we are not so good (usually for 20-30min) we get the rocks. Win / Loss/ Win / Loss at the moment, once the consistency is there and a couple of very experienced players are brought in, we will eat some of these teams for breakfast.

In the meantime Tigers, well done, looking forward to continued defensive improvement and a new defensive coach for 2017.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 9:34 am

Yes well done to the boys and coaching staff. We will only get better I'm sure. :supporter:

stevied

Post by stevied » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 10:18 am

The improvement is very clear to see. Better ball control, stouter defense when under pressure and a really pleasing commitment to keep fighting and play for each other. The result is encouraging in terms of the team's overall commitment and kudos go to all concerned for the progress the team has made. As I said, on my thread, we are not at the level of the Bulldogs' but we are edging closer.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 10:44 am

We played well with who we were missing , I wonder in a sense whether that was our Grand Final for the 2016

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 10:47 am

WestsSupporter wrote:Also, one James Tedesco is now a unit of measurement.
Then let the Tedesco cloning process begin then , asap

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 10:54 am

happy tiger wrote:We played well with who we were missing , I wonder in a sense whether that was our Grand Final for the 2016
Sheesh...I wouldn't go that far.

Our defence was vulnerable from the kick off. It was a typical tigers game in my opinion. Full of ups and downs. Unfortunately, the downs equated to 30 plus points again. Until the weak links are, lets say, given the opportunity to improve their game without the pressure of first grade opponents, then we'll continue to come second after 80 minutes on most occasions.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 11:01 am

I am not really into congratulating all and sundry for honourable losses.

However it is good to see us not throwing in the towel in games.

Also good to see we can look dangerous and capable of winning without Teddy, Woods and Farah.

Its a small step forward, but we simply need to beat the Dragons. No excuses there. We are a better side then them and we need to show it.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 11:06 am

wd in perth wrote:
happy tiger wrote:We played well with who we were missing , I wonder in a sense whether that was our Grand Final for the 2016

Our defence was vulnerable from the kick off. It was a typical tigers game in my opinion. Full of ups and downs. Unfortunately, the downs equated to 30 plus points again. Until the weak links are, lets say, given the opportunity to improve their game without the pressure of first grade opponents, then we'll continue to come second after 80 minutes on most occasions.
I don't know about other WT's fans , but once the Dogs hit the lead I expected they'd put 40 on us

We dug in and didn't give up ,I haven't seen that too often in the past 5 seasons WD , that was my point

Those players we played about as well as they could I thought given the opposition

rialto

Post by rialto » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 11:25 am

tigeress wrote:I too would be happy to congratulate Wests Tigers on their performance last night against a team almost at full strength. :righton:

Good work Tigers, I hope you can achieve top 8 status this season , the way you have been performing recently, and you are improving each week - you deserve it. :P

Valiant effort indeed !!

Post by 851 » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 11:30 am

wd in perth wrote:

That is spot on, we cant keep leaking over 25 points per game like we have done all year and expect to win.
Our team no matter how hard they try cant overcome those numbers, so the much talked about competition for positions and accountability does not exist.
There are players who get picked each week who clearly should not, until we fix this nothing will change
Go hard or go home

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 11:49 am

851 wrote:
wd in perth wrote:

That is spot on, we cant keep leaking over 25 points per game like we have done all year and expect to win.
Our team no matter how hard they try cant overcome those numbers, so the much talked about competition for positions and accountability does not exist.
There are players who get picked each week who clearly should not, until we fix this nothing will change
I have nothing to congratulate the team about ..I expect that performance each week ,if the team expects to stop leaking points the club has to purchase at least 4 NRL quality players .The club has not got the personnel on the books anywhere in the club to fill these voids it is about time this realisation hits home ,everyone can belly ache as much as they like but thinking the club has these players on the books are kidding themselves .If there are not any signings for next season expect the same just go down the right side or put a bomb up the Tigers are easy meat for the top sides or any side be honest.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 12:35 pm

Congratulations for coming second?
Sounds like Bill Shorten still telling everyone how wonderful he is even though he lost.
Fact is we should have won that game - even without our SOO trio.
The boys blew it again.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 1:06 pm

cktiger wrote:Congratulations for coming second?
Sounds like Bill Shorten still telling everyone how wonderful he is even though he lost.
Fact is we should have won that game - even without our SOO trio.
The boys blew it again.
I think you are missing the point CK , many expected the WT's to get rolled by 20 + and to be within 4 points with a minute to go was far beyond expectations

We played with a heart beat which wasn't evident in a few games this season

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 1:19 pm

I thought we were really good.