Congratulations Tigers

Telltails

Re: Congratulations Tigers

Post by Telltails » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 1:46 pm

Their bench was too mobile and too strong for us and got them back in the game. It looked like the boys playing against the men.
Some of our forwards have not reached their potential simply due to the growth in physicality - they are still relatively young and will get bigger and stronger.
The Bulldogs pack even without Klemmer and Jackson are a force to be reckoned with and with the Morris brothers on the back of it they are handful for most teams. We did alright - just weren't good
enough on the night.

weststigers

Post by weststigers » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 1:57 pm

If Rankin scores, I reckon we win that game.

Really frustrating not to get up in this one, but considering we had no Tedesco, Farah or Woods, we gave it a shake. Now Origin is over, we need 5 wins from 8 to get sneak into the 8.

Our run home makes it doable, but I put this game in with the Newcastle 2 point loss and Melbourne 1 point loss. 1 missed chance and game lost. would be nice to be on 22 points heading into the bye.

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 5:09 pm

Nah I can't go as far as congratulating the team last night......maybe if they won but there's no prize for coming second. Maybe the gen Y's can accept it but I certainly can't.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 5:15 pm

maxxy86 wrote:Nah I can't go as far as congratulating the team last night......maybe if they won but there's no prize for coming second. Maybe the gen Y's can accept it but I certainly can't.
X2 ...more like commiserations , they tried hard but once again they were dumb

As for gen y ...lol

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 5:40 pm

all i can say was pretty happy with the effort in the game...execution and defense at the back end of the game let us down...we could have got the mongrels...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 6:48 pm

851 wrote:
wd in perth wrote:
happy tiger wrote:We played well with who we were missing , I wonder in a sense whether that was our Grand Final for the 2016
Sheesh...I wouldn't go that far.

Our defence was vulnerable from the kick off. It was a typical tigers game in my opinion. Full of ups and downs. Unfortunately, the downs equated to 30 plus points again. Until the weak links are, lets say, given the opportunity to improve their game without the pressure of first grade opponents, then we'll continue to come second after 80 minutes on most occasions.
That is spot on, we cant keep leaking over 25 points per game like we have done all year and expect to win.
Our team no matter how hard they try cant overcome those numbers, so the much talked about competition for positions and accountability does not exist.
There are players who get picked each week who clearly should not, until we fix this nothing will change

Agreed 100% on the defence, but what are the options at present. We know our rights side defence leaks like a rusty boat, but what can we do given 2nd tier salary cap and the players we have at our disposal. I like MCK but I am not sure if centre is really his best position. Also Kev has some issues, but are these really the fault of players inside him.

Anyway your are right, till this side can keep good teams to under 18 they will always struggle and being a top four team is a pipe dream

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 6:49 pm

A bitter sweet in my opinion
Given no chance of winning we threatened a very good and classy side
We even had them on the ropes. shame we ended up losing. Thats the bitter for me

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 8:09 pm

We looked so good until Kasiano came on and tore us apart with his offloads

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 8:38 pm

tigerap wrote:We looked so good until Kasiano came on and tore us apart with his offloads
He is like the giant in GOT

Sco77y

Post by Sco77y » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 10:23 pm

Was overall a decent performance I thought, a better result than most would have thought - looking like the winners on a couple of occasions. Still don't like our 'attacking' label though, commentators and media still banging on about the Tigers being all attacking flair, but defence is still terrible.. Definitely some weak links that need to catch up to the rest of the team in this regard and I hope they do soon. Would love to start hearing about our defence instead of attack for once.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 11:02 pm

I thought we were great, strong carries, mostly great D, maybe the best 80min performance this year?

Big Sam just destroyed us in 3mins, and that floating long pass from Greg Eastwood was just BS, that killed us.

Rankin oh Rankin, that knock on pretty much sums up Rankin and also our season.
Just not good enough.

tigerbill

Post by tigerbill » Mon 11 Jul, 2016 3:31 am

Not only did we not have teddy but we also had to carry rankin, thats a double whammy.

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 11 Jul, 2016 9:20 am

I thought they played pretty well.

Very controlled in the first half, in the game the whole way, happy enough with that effort.

You can certainly see the side evolving.