Re: 3, 2, 1

Post by hobbo » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 11:14 pm

happy tiger wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
I should've known better to try and quote a "hall of famer "
:roll
You can stick your hall of fame garbage where the sun doesn't shine , that's for sure
:bawling
Yeah that's it

You DON"T get it , Simona takes the WRONG option but we won't hold him responsible or accountable, we will blame the poor bugger probably thinking to himself why has this DH taken this stupid screwed up option and then had to get himself from a role of a support player into the position of a chaser in the matter of a split second still manages to get into the right position and then makes a mistake

Course we won't blame the person who screws up by taking the wrong option

Its like the same twits that blame Lawrence for dropped pass when Brooks gets a ball behind him and still sticks Lawrence in a crash ball situation on a wet night

Yeah blame Lawrence , not the numbnut who threw the pass that was low percentage and going to achieve absolutely nothing

Rugby League isn't what happens at the moment of impact or action , its what leads up to that point

Simona and Brooks break all the golden rules of percentage football , yet get off scott free
We're talking about Rankin dropping a sitter !

IF is a big word when it comes to Wests Tigers ..
"IF" Simona had done this Or "IF " player x had done that .
Your initial whinge was that the ball was above Rankins head .. (It wasn't ) You were wrong !

Go to bed cranky pants !

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 11 Jul, 2016 7:00 am

happy tiger wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
cqtiger wrote:There's always one who can't stop grinding that axe.

Pitiful
not grinding just like to make a joke
I was going to say that jokes are supposed to be funny , but I won't
Luckily you did not say otherwise you may have had a second argument going All Day And All Of The NIght - pretty kinky aye?
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Mon 11 Jul, 2016 8:10 am

Happy has a point. My immediate thought when Simona kicked it was that was a mistake. Should have taken the tackle.
However, it was a good kick well directed and weighted. It was catchable.
Low percentage/big payoff play if it comes off.
"Quality Stupidity"

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 11 Jul, 2016 8:26 am

When the team can't bust them down the middle and without Robbie leading the middle charge occasionally we have try the fancy stuff and hope it pays off. That one easily could have.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

notarealtiger

Post by notarealtiger » Mon 11 Jul, 2016 9:14 am

Simona actually ended up over the sideline so if he took the tackle it could've easily been a Bulldogs feed. He took what he thought was the right option, and despite being low percentage, it was on. Rankin just dropped a ball that few other fullbacks would.

He's certainly not the reason we lost but suggesting he didn't bomb that try is a little naive.

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 11 Jul, 2016 9:32 am

3. Grant
2. Taylor
1. Lawrence

Thought the halves were good as well.

As for the Simona/ Rankin kick, it was definitely on, they had 3 tigers leading the race across about a 20 m cross section of the field, gave Simona a high margin for error with the kick that would still see a tiger lead the chase. Rankin should have taken it. Mistakes happen.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Tue 12 Jul, 2016 1:09 pm

happy tiger wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
I should've known better to try and quote a "hall of famer "
You can stick your hall of fame garbage where the sun doesn't shine , that's for sure
Yeah that's it

You DON"T get it , Simona takes the WRONG option but we won't hold him responsible or accountable, we will blame the poor bugger probably thinking to himself why has this DH taken this stupid screwed up option and then had to get himself from a role of a support player into the position of a chaser in the matter of a split second still manages to get into the right position and then makes a mistake

Its like the same twits that blame Lawrence for dropped pass when Brooks gets a ball behind him and still sticks Lawrence in a crash ball situation on a wet night

Yeah blame Lawrence , not the numbnut who threw the pass that was low percentage and going to achieve absolutely nothing

Rugby League isn't what happens at the moment of impact or action , its what leads up to that point

Simona and Brooks break all the golden rules of percentage football , yet get off scott free

Happy, lay off the funny cigarettes.

It was the right option. If Tedesco plays, he takes that ball easily and Simona is a hero and we possibly win the game. Wise up for God's sake.

:roll: :roll:

clifferdSH

Post by clifferdSH » Tue 12 Jul, 2016 1:16 pm

Im sorry , but that sitter dropped by Rankin is unforgivable

Yes he was at full speed but it's not like the ball was at his feet or anything, it was right in the bread basket. And we are talking about professional rugby league players...

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Tue 12 Jul, 2016 1:48 pm

magpiecol wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Yeah that's it

Happy, lay off the funny cigarettes.

It was the right option. If Tedesco plays, he takes that ball easily and Simona is a hero and we possibly win the game. Wise up for God's sake.

:roll: :roll:
C'mon Col happy is a former golden boot winner
(Under 7's at Rockhampton)
Show some respect :lol:

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 12 Jul, 2016 2:11 pm

Stupid argument.
It was an option... One of a few he could've taken.
No one can say for certain any other option comes off without error

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 13 Jul, 2016 12:51 am

innsaneink wrote:Stupid argument.
Stupid option , not a stupid argument Ink

Too many players in this club like Wesley Snipes from the movie "White Men can't Jump"

Would rather look pretty and fail than look ugly and win , that's exactly what Simona's option was

Actually Ink , similar to 90 % of this Forum

Many think 2005 is just round the corner and we will win 6/7 make the Top 8 and become the 1st side to win from outside the Top 4

I wonder what 16 NRL coaches would have said to Simona at the video session

I can tell you what they would say , if you take an option this is low percentage it better come off or they will kick your butt until your nose bleeds

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Wed 13 Jul, 2016 7:37 am

Happy - Simona took the right option and executed it perfectly. Rankin dropped it. It happens.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Wed 13 Jul, 2016 10:11 am

happy tiger wrote:

Too many players in this club like Wesley Snipes from the movie "White Men can't Jump"

Would rather look pretty and fail than look ugly and win , that's exactly what Simona's option was

Many think 2005 is just round the corner and we will win 6/7 make the Top 8 and become the 1st side to win from outside the Top 4

I can tell you what they would say , if you take an option this is low percentage it better come off or they will kick your butt until your nose bleeds
Why do you have your panties bunched up ?
Is it because 95% of the forum don't agree wih you ?
Or is it that Rankin bombed the try of the year ?

Chin up happy :lol:

There's always next week !

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Wed 13 Jul, 2016 10:43 am

hobbo2803 wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Why do you have your panties bunched up ?
Is it because 95% of the forum don't agree wih you ?
Or is it that Rankin bombed the try of the year ?

Chin up happy :lol:

There's always next week !
No it's because the 5% that agree with him on this Forum aren't speaking out :mrgreen:.

It's not all that bad happy, West Ham are getting Higuain looks like.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 13 Jul, 2016 3:32 pm

Leave happy alone..... :( :cry:
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Wed 13 Jul, 2016 4:41 pm

I love Happy. Honestly the guy makes me feel intelligent. That doesn't happen too much. Then again he isn't the only one on here that makes me feel that way.

Thanks guys.

barra

Post by barra » Fri 15 Jul, 2016 2:10 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:
Spot on hobbo

That ball was definitely chest high and catchable, just watched it 5 times.

I think everyone is frustrated cause we should of won a game we were unexpected to win, i certainly gave us no hope.

We are definitely taking small steps to being a side that we will win more than lose, once we can purchase 3-4 quality 1st Graders watch out.
We still have a couple of players that aren't 1st Grade standard but you expect that with Salary Cap constraints.

This year is not dead and buried but we are not at the level of the Cowboys, Sharks, Bulldogs etc....

Looking forward to next year already.
Happys just looking for an argument :lol:
Keefy Galloway would've gathered that ball in !!

We are slowly improving ...
I too was expecting to getting a flogging .
They tried hard but ran out of gas and they had too many dumb plays .
Try catching a ball at chest height then at full speed when you've no idea how high it is going to bounce

Some idiots missing the whole bloody point

THE KICK WAS THE WORST OPTION OF THE THREE HE COULD OF CHOSEN

IF THE IDIOT CENTRE TAKES THE SMARTER OTHER OPTIONS WE DON"T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT IT !!!!!!!!!

And I have a tool in another thread arguing that Simona is a good centre , you have to be bloody kidding
The only TOOL in this thread is you happy !
You're initial argument was that the ball was over his head , it WASN'T !

It was a gift of a bounce , pretty much in the bread basket !
Put the Toad down :lol:
Unfortunately I was off-line at the time and missed out on all this fun!

For mine Simona not only played like a fast and confident centre, he also executed a difficult kick perfectly. Which was a lot harder to do than catch a ball that bounces up to your chest - even if you are running hard.

In my experience, one of the most-practiced moves when we're young is the chip-and-chase. For Rankin - who is a professional and self-professed half/fullback - he's probably practiced kicking and re-gathering hundreds of times.

Yet this was a woeful amateur attempt, he panicked and snatched at the ball instead of waiting for it to come to him and use soft hands.

3. Taylor (where would we be without him?)
2. Grant (inspirational and need to see more of this!)
1. Simona (great cross-field chip kick lol)

Oh - and Rankin got Simona back anyways. With 120kg+ of Kasiano running at Simona full tilt, Rankin throws a shocker of a pass that made him stop and reach above his head to catch... and the result made the highlights reel... a hospital pass of epic proportions! Bet Tim thanked him for that.