WESTS Tigers Team V St George

Milky

Re: WESTS Tigers Team V St George

Post by Milky » Fri 22 Jul, 2016 4:59 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Milky wrote:lol rankin...JAC would have had a field day against Mann or Nightingale

S P E C U L A T I O N!!!!!!!

Are we talking about the winger that is heading to Melbourne next year??

:deadhorse: :deadhorse:
I dont care, we are still a chance at the 8, therefore we play our best side.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Fri 22 Jul, 2016 5:11 pm

teddy23 wrote:Cherrington imo is better than Farah in a team like the Tigers, I would prefer that he would be playing over Farah as he is a fast pace hooker. Likes to play the quick game and give his halves that extra room so they can work their magic then put teddy into space (the rest is history).

Farah is a good player, but his service is slow which is bad for an attacking team like ours.

JT has copped heaps of s*** but I like this decision, let's look to the future give Cherrington more game time so he can improve his defence so he can become a better player for the Tigers!
I can sort of understand if Cherrington is there. The problem is he has been replaced by Halatau and ET recently and that doesn't work.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Fri 22 Jul, 2016 5:15 pm

Milky wrote:
magpiecol wrote:
Milky wrote:lol rankin...JAC would have had a field day against Mann or Nightingale

This is what it comes down to me. JAC should be there. Robbie should be there. Felise should be in the team.

I really hope we win and we should beat Saints easily but JT should go now. He doesn't have it in him.

dimitri

Post by dimitri » Fri 22 Jul, 2016 5:17 pm

If Halatau gets knocked out in 1minute, do you expect Cherry to last 80min?

If Taylor is going to use an unfit player, he's got post concussion syndrome.

dimitri

Post by dimitri » Fri 22 Jul, 2016 5:18 pm

If Halatau gets knocked out in 1minute, do you expect Cherry to last 80min?

palms

Post by palms » Fri 22 Jul, 2016 5:20 pm

Think about this for a minute people. I got thinking about how strange the timing was of this decision to drop Farah to reserve grade with the team on a roll and having a serious play at semi finals action. Why drop Farah now? BUT would Farah have been dropped much earlier on in the peace if Cherrington wasn't injured? As soon as Cherrington is fit to return, Farah is gone. There's no coincidence there I don't think.
If Cherrington comes into the side then I don't really have any issues with the decision to drop Farah. Not only is it probably a tilt so they can re-sign ET but it is also looking more likely that we will be running with a Cherrington/Liddle combo next year moving forward. This does two things...it keeps Cherrington happy and in turn keeps him at the club, and gives him more first grade under his belt moving into the pre season next year. If you keep playing Farah, Cherrington goes to Penrith and we start the year with our only hooker being a 19yr old rookie with one game under his belt.
As long as Edwards isn't drafted into the team and Cherrington plays off the bench then I reckon it is a pretty smart move looking towards next year, and one that has been thought through. Not everything is a personal attack at Farah.

Post by 851 » Fri 22 Jul, 2016 5:26 pm

stevetiger wrote:
Milky wrote:
magpiecol wrote:

This is what it comes down to me. JAC should be there. Robbie should be there. Felise should be in the team.

I really hope we win and we should beat Saints easily but JT should go now. He doesn't have it in him.
That is it Steve, we could beat saints with Jason Taylor playing hooker, so a win is not going to prove to us all that the coach was right.
Go hard or go home

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Fri 22 Jul, 2016 5:28 pm

851 wrote:That is it Steve, we could beat saints with Jason Taylor playing hooker, so a win is not going to prove to us all that the coach was right.
Taylor has made a smart move here hasn't he. I also think it's slimy.

It's consistent behaviour though from JT.

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Fri 22 Jul, 2016 11:59 pm

palms wrote:Think about this for a minute people. I got thinking about how strange the timing was of this decision to drop Farah to reserve grade with the team on a roll and having a serious play at semi finals action. Why drop Farah now? BUT would Farah have been dropped much earlier on in the peace if Cherrington wasn't injured? As soon as Cherrington is fit to return, Farah is gone. There's no coincidence there I don't think.
If Cherrington comes into the side then I don't really have any issues with the decision to drop Farah. Not only is it probably a tilt so they can re-sign ET but it is also looking more likely that we will be running with a Cherrington/Liddle combo next year moving forward. This does two things...it keeps Cherrington happy and in turn keeps him at the club, and gives him more first grade under his belt moving into the pre season next year. If you keep playing Farah, Cherrington goes to Penrith and we start the year with our only hooker being a 19yr old rookie with one game under his belt.
As long as Edwards isn't drafted into the team and Cherrington plays off the bench then I reckon it is a pretty smart move looking towards next year, and one that has been thought through. Not everything is a personal attack at Farah.
You seem to be forgetting that we have Matt Ballin for next year.

I don't think Taylor will play Cherrington, he seems more out of favour then Farah

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Sat 23 Jul, 2016 1:42 am

stevetiger wrote:I hope Cherrington is in the team. We need a hooker. I could do with one right now as well but I think the Tigers need one more than me.
Have you been drinking Steve? Doesn't sound like you at all. :lol:

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 23 Jul, 2016 8:20 am

Tigermama wrote:
stevetiger wrote:I hope Cherrington is in the team. We need a hooker. I could do with one right now as well but I think the Tigers need one more than me.
Have you been drinking Steve? Doesn't sound like you at all. :lol:
I had a little last night.

rialto

Post by rialto » Sat 23 Jul, 2016 1:21 pm

TO ALL THE TIGER FANS AND SUPPORTERS.

PLEASE ...........DO NOT SABOTAGE YOUR TEAM !!!!!!!!!!!!

There has been a lot of heated discussion and comments on this forum and that's fine. What isn't fine is to play into the Dragons hands by taking your angst out on our team.
When you wave your anti Taylor banners and boooo and booooo the coach when you are at the game do you honestly believe it doesn't affect the young players? It will!
In fact it wouldn't surprise me at all if Dragon fans don't join the Tigers fans and do the same knowing how this would be advantageous to the Dragons ! They may well be, and probably are, reading this forum and making plans for disruption.

Our young players have been busting their ars..s all year - DONT let THEM down. SUPPORT THEIR COACH !!! Whether you agree or not with decisions made you owe it to our boys to support them and when they hear booing for their coach (who is probably putting his career on the line for what he feels is best for them) it does nothing for their morale and THAT WILL AFFECT THEIR GAME.
This is a TEAM sport, so go out there all you true Tigers and show them the love and leave your dislike etc for their coach for the forum pages THIS CAN ONLY BE A POSITIVE FOR OUR BOYS ON THE DAY. THANK YOU.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Sat 23 Jul, 2016 3:55 pm

rialto wrote:TO ALL THE TIGER FANS AND SUPPORTERS.

There has been a lot of heated discussion and comments on this forum and that's fine. What isn't fine is to play into the Dragons hands by taking your angst out on our team.
When you wave your anti Taylor banners and boooo and booooo the coach when you are at the game do you honestly believe it doesn't affect the young players? It will!
In fact it wouldn't surprise me at all if Dragon fans don't join the Tigers fans and do the same knowing how this would be advantageous to the Dragons ! They may well be, and probably are, reading this forum and making plans for disruption.

Our young players have been busting their ars..s all year - DONT let THEM down. SUPPORT THEIR COACH !!! Whether you agree or not with decisions made you owe it to our boys to support them and when they hear booing for their coach (who is probably putting his career on the line for what he feels is best for them) it does nothing for their morale and THAT WILL AFFECT THEIR GAME.
This is a TEAM sport, so go out there all you true Tigers and show them the love and leave your dislike etc for their coach for the forum pages THIS CAN ONLY BE A POSITIVE FOR OUR BOYS ON THE DAY. THANK YOU.
If our players are as weak minded as your post we are doomed.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 23 Jul, 2016 5:08 pm

TYGA wrote:
rialto wrote:TO ALL THE TIGER FANS AND SUPPORTERS.

If our players are as weak minded as your post we are doomed.
You can support the team as we all do , but that doesn't mean , that if your bagging a halfwit coach, you are aiming it at the team.
Our players aren't completely stupid, they know the difference. And most likely some will agree with the bagging, but they can't show it, supporters can say what you want, despite some here wanting to gloss over the ridiculous act of dropping one of our best. ,

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Geo. » Sat 23 Jul, 2016 5:10 pm

lol...Most likely....OK
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 23 Jul, 2016 5:12 pm

stevetiger wrote:
teddy23 wrote:Cherrington imo is better than Farah in a team like the Tigers, I would prefer that he would be playing over Farah as he is a fast pace hooker. Likes to play the quick game and give his halves that extra room so they can work their magic then put teddy into space (the rest is history).

Farah is a good player, but his service is slow which is bad for an attacking team like ours.

JT has copped heaps of s*** but I like this decision, let's look to the future give Cherrington more game time so he can improve his defence so he can become a better player for the Tigers!
I can sort of understand if Cherrington is there. The problem is he has been replaced by Halatau and ET recently and that doesn't work.
Wonder why his star quality wasn't evident when he was in first grade. His defective defence was,

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 23 Jul, 2016 5:14 pm

dimitri wrote:If Halatau gets knocked out in 1minute, do you expect Cherry to last 80min?

We can use anyone there, according to Taylor, all we need is someone who can pick up a ball and pass it,.
Nothing really. Simple

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 23 Jul, 2016 5:17 pm

fergiefurr wrote:
palms wrote:Think about this for a minute people. I got thinking about how strange the timing was of this decision to drop Farah to reserve grade with the team on a roll and having a serious play at semi finals action. Why drop Farah now? BUT would Farah have been dropped much earlier on in the peace if Cherrington wasn't injured? As soon as Cherrington is fit to return, Farah is gone. There's no coincidence there I don't think.
You seem to be forgetting that we have Matt Ballin for next year.

I don't think Taylor will play Cherrington, he seems more out of favour then Farah
Ballin???
That's comforting,
How many minutes has he played since Manly punted him