WESTS Tigers Team V St George

Boonboon2
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 30 times

Re: WESTS Tigers Team V St George

Unread post by Boonboon2 » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 2:30 pm

palms wrote:Never mind, I just noticed he's playing NYC. Unless JT decides to take a leaf out of the old days where players backed up from the previous game!
Cant play NRL again this year as we have maxed out our 2nd tier cap unless no one else is available at hooker and given we have Halatau, Edwards, Cherrington, RF and we would need 3 of the 4 injured and then some

Harvey
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 84 times

Unread post by Harvey » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 2:44 pm

Who is the 18th man today?

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 2:59 pm

Harvey wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
There's a extremely simple answer to this whole problem which could've and hopefully will in the future stop it from repeating,

only contract players to what you can afford

Don't just agree to anything For the sake of a signature.

Don't sign a player knowing that you will be trying to get another club to take over your debt towards the end of the contract
Don't sign a 32 yr old player,( any player) to a million per year contract for 4 yrs

All of these things were done by WTs , nor Farah,,

I'd support any other player who digs his heels in.
The clubs have to get themselves into this century , and remember that they are not a law of their own
So Pascoe and co are responsible for Farah's contract??

Tell your story to our last ceo.

Mayer and Co were officials of the Club. Yes you're right, they were the individuals who made the decision , but it's the clubs responsibility until that contract expires to carry it out. They cannot force anything or be seen to force anyone to do what they don't want to do. As long as they fulfill their contract
If they don't want to spend that amount of money now that's too bad. And I hope more players take notice and stop letting clubs get out of contracts. Rather than rolling over for them
Clubs ( and Players) should be made to honour contracts. Unless both agree without Coersion
If I remember correctly, 4 years ago Pascoe was at Penrith (Mayer was our CEO) and we had a board made up of Balmain and wests reps with no indepenant directors

goldcoast tiger

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 3:01 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Harvey wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote: So Pascoe and co are responsible for Farah's contract??

Mayer and Co were officials of the Club. Yes you're right, they were the individuals who made the decision , but it's the clubs responsibility until that contract expires to carry it out. They cannot force anything or be seen to force anyone to do what they don't want to do. As long as they fulfill their contract
If they don't want to spend that amount of money now that's too bad. And I hope more players take notice and stop letting clubs get out of contracts. Rather than rolling over for them
Clubs ( and Players) should be made to honour contracts. Unless both agree without Coersion
Sorry Typo. Big night last night , fuzzy morning.

If I remember correctly, 4 years ago Pascoe was at Penrith (Mayer was our CEO) and we had a board made up of Balmain and wests reps with no indepenant directors

goldcoast tiger

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 3:04 pm

innsaneink wrote:Gary Freeman also had a bit to say about him in the past when he coached him as a junior, his reluctance to play to team game plans etc
Did he throw teddy bears at the other kids in kindergarten too,
Your building up a massive case. :rant

willow
Has liked: 12 times

Unread post by willow » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 3:06 pm

Late Changes: NRL Round 20 vs. Dragons

Dan Talintyre
Sun 24th July, 03:00PM

Wests Tigers NRL Head Coach Jason Taylor has finalised his side to take on the St. George-Illawarra Dragons this afternoon for their Round 20 clash at ANZ Stadium.

Kickoff for the match is at 4:00pm with live coverage via Fox Sports and Channel 9.

n the only change to the team originally named during the week, Robbie Farah drops off the interchange bench, with Joel Edwards coming into the side in jersey 18.

Aaron Woods and James Tedesco both return for their first match since Origin Game III.

WESTS TIGERS

1. James Tedesco
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Tim Simona
4. Kevin Naiqama
5. Jordan Rankin
6. Mitchell Moses
7. Luke Brooks
8. Aaron Woods (capt.)
9. Dene Halatau
10. Sauaso Sue
11. Josh Aloiai
12. Chris Lawrence
13. Elijah Taylor

Interchange:
14. Tim Grant
15. Ava Seumanufagai
17. Kyle Lovett
18. Joel Edwards

Coach: Jason Taylor

DRAGONS

Final team TBC

Coach: Paul McGregor

goldcoast tiger

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 3:06 pm

stevetiger wrote:
Tigermama wrote:
gallagher wrote:
stevetiger wrote:
He was. I assume that Benji was there to support Robbie but it could be to support his brother. Maybe it was both of them.

Considering the timing though I assume he went to support Robbie.
I'm gonna assume he went to watch his brother and have a good old laugh at Farah playing reserves.
Neither of us know his reasons tho.
Benji on NRL 360 said he was the first to speak to Robbie when this happened and offer his support.
On another thread one poster said he spoke to Benji and Benji said he was there to support Robbie.
He don't listen Mama . It's a sad case :roll:

goldcoast tiger

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 3:08 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
stevetiger wrote:
Tigermama wrote:
gallagher wrote: I'm gonna assume he went to watch his brother and have a good old laugh at Farah playing reserves.
Neither of us know his reasons tho.
Benji on NRL 360 said he was the first to speak to Robbie when this happened and offer his support.
On another thread one poster said he spoke to Benji and Benji said he was there to support Robbie.
Gallager has a serious problem( selective reading) Mama . It's a sad case :roll:

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 224 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 3:10 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
innsaneink wrote:Gary Freeman also had a bit to say about him in the past when he coached him as a junior, his reluctance to play to team game plans etc

He hasnt changed, his attitude and ego were well known long before he made first grade

goldcoast tiger

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 3:12 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tigermama wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Which I hope Benji is doing , Robbie will need everyone's support at this stage

Doesn't mean it wasn't the right call or the coach needs to be sacked

Same way I hope all clubs support any players who are going to be let go , this happens all the time in the modern game

No one player is bigger than the club
Good to see Woodsy there too.
There's a extremely simple answer to this whole problem which could've and hopefully will in the future stop it from repeating,

only contract players to what you can afford

Don't just agree to anything For the sake of a signature.

Don't sign a player knowing that you will be trying to get another club to take over your debt towards the end of the contract
Don't sign a 32 yr old player,( any player) to a million per year contract for 4 yrs

All of these things were done by WTs , nor Farah,,

I'd support any other player who digs his heels in.
The clubs have to get themselves into this century , and remember that they are not a law of their own[/quote

willow
Has liked: 12 times

Unread post by willow » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 3:14 pm

Stick to the topic please or this thread will close.

goldcoast tiger

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 3:16 pm

gallagher wrote:
krayola wrote:
Tiger Tim wrote:It is tough times for tigers supporters at the moment. I was really happy to hear Benji was on the hill watching Robbie play today. So much for the years of conjecture about them not getting on.

In regards to Jason Taylor I am glad he has made this decision for a few reasons. Firstly, as a man he should stand up for his beliefs even if they are based on his dislike of Robbie. Secondly, Because of his stand we will have an end to all this rubbish. Either Robbie will have had enough and will move on or hopefully JT will be found to have made a massive mistake and will be let go.

Personally i hope JT is gone by the end of the year but unfortunately this will mean that the Tigers haven't made the Semi's and struggled in the back end of the season. Any which way you look at it we are going to have a couple of tough months ahead of us.
Don't think these are "tough times" at all. We're on the verge of making the 8 and the youngsters we've invested in so heavily are actually starting to justify that investment. Tough times for Farah supporters perhaps.
Exactly. A great week for the club.
That can change at any time and going by this club. Probably will

goldcoast tiger

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 3:18 pm

innsaneink wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:

He hasnt changed, his attitude and ego were well known long before he made first grade

krayola
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by krayola » Tue 26 Jul, 2016 10:42 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
gallagher wrote:
krayola wrote:
Tiger Tim wrote:It is tough times for tigers supporters at the moment. I was really happy to hear Benji was on the hill watching Robbie play today. So much for the years of conjecture about them not getting on.

In regards to Jason Taylor I am glad he has made this decision for a few reasons. Firstly, as a man he should stand up for his beliefs even if they are based on his dislike of Robbie. Secondly, Because of his stand we will have an end to all this rubbish. Either Robbie will have had enough and will move on or hopefully JT will be found to have made a massive mistake and will be let go.

Personally i hope JT is gone by the end of the year but unfortunately this will mean that the Tigers haven't made the Semi's and struggled in the back end of the season. Any which way you look at it we are going to have a couple of tough months ahead of us.
Don't think these are "tough times" at all. We're on the verge of making the 8 and the youngsters we've invested in so heavily are actually starting to justify that investment. Tough times for Farah supporters perhaps.
Given the result yesterday, I'd say that it was definitely a good week for the club. All 3 grades won. All 3 teams are headed towards finals footy. We have a coach who at least has the backing of his board and CEO. Parramatta has been so abysmal that any turmoil we have looks normal nowadays. And we would have won with or without Farah...he didn't need to play.

gallagher
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 56 times

Unread post by gallagher » Tue 26 Jul, 2016 11:08 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
gallagher wrote:
krayola wrote:

So true. This is another week now. Anything could happen.

NT Tiger
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 38 times

Unread post by NT Tiger » Tue 26 Jul, 2016 11:23 am

innsaneink wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:

Great find and post 'Ink'. Pretty much sums up Farah's current predicament.
"Quality Stupidity"

Return to “Round 20: Wests Tigers vs St George Illawarra Dragons”