In a perfect world

rialto
Has liked: 1 time

Re: In a perfect world

Unread post by rialto » Sat 23 Jul, 2016 8:50 am

Our coach is just doing what's best for the team. He must really believe he is making the right call to go through what he has been put through by the online lynch mobs and haters. The best thing you can do to help the team you love is to back their coach!

Swordy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 45 times

Unread post by Swordy » Sat 23 Jul, 2016 8:53 am

Farah Was always going to play Origin regardless of his or anyone else's form. Not blaming Robbie, but perhaps that thinking of "Give the incumbents and loyal soldiers a good send off" is what cost NSW yet another series.

Different thinking, like that applied by Taylor for this round may also be wrong, but its more likely to be right than wrong. If WT win or lose this weekend, I dont think that necessarily validates the coach's thinking. I think it take a number of games to work out whether it was a good or bad decision.

Great post AHX. One of the few that makes a bit of sense when many others are running their mouths off as if they know everything. Why the teachers give them a computer during little lunch is beyond me.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

Tigerdon
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 100 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Sat 23 Jul, 2016 8:57 am

sheer64 wrote:
AmericanHistoryX wrote:Cronulla are special this year - something is brewing. It came when Ennis came. Correct me If I'm wrong.
It came when the players found a peptide that cant be detected!
Funny you mention that. Somebody did a drive-by shooting on Danks last night. A bullet grazed him in the head.
There's more to this story. Happen at 2am.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Sat 23 Jul, 2016 9:01 am

rialto wrote:Our coach is just doing what's best for the team. He must really believe he is making the right call to go through what he has been put through by the online lynch mobs and haters. The best thing you can do to help the team you love is to back their coach!
Really. I think the best thing we could do is support the team. If the coach is a dud and making bad decisions the best thing is to get rid of him.

tigermac88
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by tigermac88 » Sat 23 Jul, 2016 9:18 am

Masterton wrote:
Love the WestsTigers wrote:AHX can you confirm my conspiracy theory ?

Taylor knows we can beat St George, so he comes out, says Robbie is cramping our style and drops him saying it will be the reason why we can win

Next week he knows the pressure will be on him from all to pick Robbie again but this time he knows we really dont have much chance of winning

So he picks Robbie and we lose, he comes out and says "see we lost because Robbie cramped our style"

Have i got that right?
Pretty Amateur plan but i had to think at Taylors level.
My alternate theory: Taylor drops Farah this week because he knows we can win without him, Farah goes back to reserve grade and passes from the ground like he has been asked to do for 18 months, Farah gets reinstated.

Wouldn't be the first or last time a player was dropped to give them a kick up the butt after they didn't follow coaches orders.
Well if that's the case why doesn't Naiqama get dropped for constantly rushing out of the defensive line and making poor reads??? Maybe it's the coaches orders for him to defend like that then.

Gary Bakerloo
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by Gary Bakerloo » Sat 23 Jul, 2016 9:25 am

Masterton wrote:
My alternate theory: Taylor drops Farah this week because he knows we can win without him, Farah goes back to reserve grade and passes from the ground like he has been asked to do for 18 months, Farah gets reinstated.

Wouldn't be the first or last time a player was dropped to give them a kick up the butt after they didn't follow coaches orders.
Certainly plausible. Happened to Taylor under Warren Ryan.

Masterton
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 37 times

Unread post by Masterton » Sat 23 Jul, 2016 9:32 am

tigermac88 wrote:
Masterton wrote:

Well if that's the case why doesn't Naiqama get dropped for constantly rushing out of the defensive line and making poor reads??? Maybe it's the coaches orders for him to defend like that then.
As I've said before, I wouldn't drop Farah. But I can understand a coach might drop a player to get a message across. I mean, it really isn't that hard to pass from the ground.

Just a theory though. Like almost everyone here, I have no inside knowledge about the coach's intentions
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Masterton
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 37 times

Unread post by Masterton » Sat 23 Jul, 2016 9:33 am

Gary Bakerloo wrote:
Masterton wrote:

As I recall, Taylor was as pissed off as Farah.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Gary Bakerloo
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by Gary Bakerloo » Sat 23 Jul, 2016 9:35 am

Masterton wrote:
Gary Bakerloo wrote:
Masterton wrote:

As I recall, Taylor was as pissed off as Farah.
Yes, from memory he spent 2 or 3 games in reserves.

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 52 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 23 Jul, 2016 9:42 am

To settle the while issue in an amiable manner Robbie should have been rostered to play his 250 games in first grade without interruption - they were winning well. He could have been given a quiet and strong warning behind the scenes if he was not adjusting sufficiently to the new plan.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

InBenjiWeTrust
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sat 23 Jul, 2016 10:16 am

Marshall vs Farah?
Magician vs Excellent worker :D

Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Flippedy » Sat 23 Jul, 2016 4:01 pm

Lol @ Gibbs' comment after hearing the news of Farah's demotion.

bryce gibbs @bryceegibbs

Now i know why David Fa'alogo put a couple on your huckleberry finn taylor, you deadset would struggle to run a bath let alone a footy team.
5:43 PM - 20 Jul 2016
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

tsjonathan
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by tsjonathan » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 9:57 am

Tigerdon wrote:
tsjonathan wrote:Look what happened to Dwayne Wade in the NBA
Who's Dwayne Wade?
Why call your kid Dwayne.

Just a player who gets $50 million $US and wanted to stay with the team he has played for almost 10 years and won 3 championships and was let go.

http://www.espn.com.au/nba/story/_/id/1 ... miami-heat

Return to “Round 20: Wests Tigers vs St George Illawarra Dragons”