In a perfect world

AmericanHistoryX

In a perfect world

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Fri 22 Jul, 2016 5:21 pm

Wests Tigers coach Jason Taylor has been widely criticised for dumping his highest contracted player Robbie Farah to the NSW Cup.

Plenty of reports have been describing the sacking as the result of a feud between them.

Everyone is so far off the mark. Do rugby league fans think for one minute Taylor would put his job on the line by dropping Farah because of a feud?

Absolute rubbish.

Taylor is too shrewd a rugby league brain to place his contract in jeopardy by getting rid of Farah to the detriment of the team winning.

Taylor said it was a hard decision to make, but he strongly believed his side had a better chance of beating the Dragons on Sunday afternoon at ANZ Stadium with Farah not in the side.

That’s a coaches call and despite the fact Farah is on 247 games in his 13th year with the the club. In that time he’s scored 284 points from 61 tries, 12 goals, and 16 drop goals.

The other reason Taylor’s been pilloried is for dropping the NSW Origin hooker. That too has a very valid reason behind it.

On form alone, Farah was the third best hooker in NSW behind the Sharks Michael Ennis, and Parramatta-Titans Nathan Peats.

The only reason Farah got the nod over Ennis or Peats for the three Origin games this season was the loyalty card given by NSW coach Laurie Daley.

But Ennis, in particular, was streets ahead of Farah on form.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Fri 22 Jul, 2016 5:26 pm

Look what happened to Dwayne Wade in the NBA

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Fri 22 Jul, 2016 5:27 pm

Courageous post AHX.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Fri 22 Jul, 2016 5:33 pm

it's not a perfect story - but it has some validity - don't necessarily agree with last sentence in story - I would change WAS to IS - but apart from that - what if this were the truth of the matter. Thanks Newtown - courageous post yourself.

lathami

Post by lathami » Fri 22 Jul, 2016 6:34 pm

AmericanHistoryX wrote:Wests Tigers coach Jason Taylor has been widely criticised for dumping his highest contracted player Robbie Farah to the NSW Cup.

Plenty of reports have been describing the sacking as the result of a feud between them.

Everyone is so far off the mark. Do rugby league fans think for one minute Taylor would put his job on the line by dropping Farah because of a feud?

Absolute rubbish.

Taylor is too shrewd a rugby league brain to place his contract in jeopardy by getting rid of Farah to the detriment of the team winning.

Taylor said it was a hard decision to make, but he strongly believed his side had a better chance of beating the Dragons on Sunday afternoon at ANZ Stadium with Farah not in the side.

That’s a coaches call and despite the fact Farah is on 247 games in his 13th year with the the club. In that time he’s scored 284 points from 61 tries, 12 goals, and 16 drop goals.

The other reason Taylor’s been pilloried is for dropping the NSW Origin hooker. That too has a very valid reason behind it.

On form alone, Farah was the third best hooker in NSW behind the Sharks Michael Ennis, and Parramatta-Titans Nathan Peats.

The only reason Farah got the nod over Ennis or Peats for the three Origin games this season was the loyalty card given by NSW coach Laurie Daley.

But Ennis, in particular, was streets ahead of Farah on form.
What a load of crap!
Ennis only looks good behind a pack like cronulla, put ennis behind our powderpuffs and see how he goes???
Peats has no kicking game and has been a bit average lately...
Farah is 3 from 3 last wins that's 100% success!

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Fri 22 Jul, 2016 6:38 pm

Cronulla are special this year - something is brewing. It came when Ennis came. Correct me If I'm wrong.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Fri 22 Jul, 2016 6:48 pm

AmericanHistoryX wrote: Do rugby league fans think for one minute Taylor would put his job on the line by dropping Farah because of a feud?
I think it for a lot more than one minute.
AmericanHistoryX wrote:Taylor is too shrewd a rugby league brain to place his contract in jeopardy by getting rid of Farah to the detriment of the team winning.
The same shrewd rugby league brain that came to the club stating that he would fix our defensive structures and stating that previous players and coaches had it wrong. The same shrewd rugby league brain that had us playing 5 hit-ups and then a bomb as his how to win the comp game plan.

Taylor has proven that he is a green or incompetent coach. He basically admitted it when he said that our squad should be further up the ladder than we are.

If we were in a perfect world we would have a decent coach. We don't have that.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Fri 22 Jul, 2016 6:50 pm

exactly - but you and me want a premiership - we both want the same thing. If i had to choose - Moses and Brooks or Farah to reach that goal asap - I'd go with the former. Each to their own. I just don't want to curse anyone on the way there.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Fri 22 Jul, 2016 6:58 pm

tsjonathan wrote:Look what happened to Dwayne Wade in the NBA
Who's Dwayne Wade?
Why call your kid Dwayne.
in Ivan we distrust

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Fri 22 Jul, 2016 6:58 pm

AHX is correct. Ennis is clearly the best nsw hooker this year.
Where we're the howls of protest when he wasn't picked?

Some double standards being applied on here.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Fri 22 Jul, 2016 7:00 pm

AmericanHistoryX wrote:exactly - but you and me want a premiership - we both want the same thing. If i had to choose - Moses and Brooks or Farah to reach that goal asap - I'd go with the former. Each to their own. I just don't want to curse anyone on the way there.
I agree with this but that could be managed a lot differently. You just tell Robbie that post 2017 he is gone. If he is the best player in his position prior to that you pick him.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Fri 22 Jul, 2016 7:02 pm

you're a good guy Steve - I just think you're given them to much credit.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Fri 22 Jul, 2016 7:03 pm

stevetiger wrote:. If he is the best player in his position prior to that you pick him.
Shouldn't have that applied to Ennis for origin?

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 22 Jul, 2016 7:12 pm

gallagher wrote:AHX is correct. Ennis is clearly the best nsw hooker this year.

He was certainly the best hooker in SOO for giving away stupid penalties. In SOO 3 this year the ref finally did his job cracking down on dirty stuff - imagine if we had stupid Ennis out there elbowing everyone and rubbing their faces into the dirt. We would have doubled Qlders penalties.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Fri 22 Jul, 2016 7:14 pm

who scored the best hookers try this year?

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Fri 22 Jul, 2016 7:15 pm

And I really don't want to wake up Warner Wolf - he's on the other side of the world.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Fri 22 Jul, 2016 7:19 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
gallagher wrote:AHX is correct. Ennis is clearly the best nsw hooker this year.

He was certainly the best hooker in SOO for giving away stupid penalties. In SOO 3 this year the ref finally did his job cracking down on dirty stuff - imagine if we had stupid Ennis out there elbowing everyone and rubbing their faces into the dirt. We would have doubled Qlders penalties.
Ask steve, it's not my theory, it's his. Form , solely dictates the make up of the team. Nothing else should be considered apparently. Why no Ennis in origin steve?

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Fri 22 Jul, 2016 7:19 pm

gallagher wrote:
stevetiger wrote:. If he is the best player in his position prior to that you pick him.
Shouldn't have that applied to Ennis for origin?
I don't get these comments. Ennis and Robbie are pretty close together at this point in how they are performing. It's not like Ennis from what I've seen is killing it.