In a perfect world

User avatar
AmericanHistoryX
Member
Member
Posts: 7174
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 11:15 am
Location: Ho Chi Min City

Re: In a perfect world

Unread post by AmericanHistoryX » Fri 22 Jul, 2016 9:43 pm

exactly - but again - we are not in the inner circle
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

Image
"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"


User avatar
Love the WestsTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 3101
Joined: Wed 21 Jul, 2010 12:03 pm
Location: Ex Ctown Resident Now Qlander
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by Love the WestsTigers » Fri 22 Jul, 2016 9:45 pm

I just want Robbie to do really well tomorrow..

User avatar
AmericanHistoryX
Member
Member
Posts: 7174
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 11:15 am
Location: Ho Chi Min City

Unread post by AmericanHistoryX » Fri 22 Jul, 2016 9:46 pm

trust me - he will have a better life than you - don't stress - get some sleep - everything will be ok
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

Image
"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

User avatar
Love the WestsTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 3101
Joined: Wed 21 Jul, 2010 12:03 pm
Location: Ex Ctown Resident Now Qlander
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by Love the WestsTigers » Fri 22 Jul, 2016 9:52 pm

AHX can you confirm my conspiracy theory ?

Taylor knows we can beat St George, so he comes out, says Robbie is cramping our style and drops him saying it will be the reason why we can win

Next week he knows the pressure will be on him from all to pick Robbie again but this time he knows we really dont have much chance of winning

So he picks Robbie and we lose, he comes out and says "see we lost because Robbie cramped our style"

Have i got that right?
Pretty Amateur plan but i had to think at Taylors level.

User avatar
sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4237
Joined: Sun 23 Sep, 2012 2:06 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 28 times

Unread post by sheer64 » Fri 22 Jul, 2016 9:58 pm

AmericanHistoryX wrote:Cronulla are special this year - something is brewing. It came when Ennis came. Correct me If I'm wrong.
It came when the players found a peptide that cant be detected!
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!


User avatar
AmericanHistoryX
Member
Member
Posts: 7174
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 11:15 am
Location: Ho Chi Min City

Unread post by AmericanHistoryX » Fri 22 Jul, 2016 9:58 pm

too funny SHEER!!!!
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

Image
"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

User avatar
AmericanHistoryX
Member
Member
Posts: 7174
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 11:15 am
Location: Ho Chi Min City

Unread post by AmericanHistoryX » Fri 22 Jul, 2016 9:59 pm

at the moment Cronulla are unstoppable -
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

Image
"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

User avatar
Love the WestsTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 3101
Joined: Wed 21 Jul, 2010 12:03 pm
Location: Ex Ctown Resident Now Qlander
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by Love the WestsTigers » Fri 22 Jul, 2016 10:00 pm

sheer64 wrote:
AmericanHistoryX wrote:Cronulla are special this year - something is brewing. It came when Ennis came. Correct me If I'm wrong.
It came when the players found a peptide that cant be detected!
A different strain you say ?

User avatar
Love the WestsTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 3101
Joined: Wed 21 Jul, 2010 12:03 pm
Location: Ex Ctown Resident Now Qlander
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by Love the WestsTigers » Fri 22 Jul, 2016 10:01 pm

AmericanHistoryX wrote:at the moment Cronulla are unstoppable -
till the great choke ..

Brisbane got that in the grand final last year and are experiencing that right now

Cant wait to see the shire boys choke !! and play themselves out of the comp

cocky bunch

User avatar
westTAHger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4638
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:07 pm
Location: with Daffy Duck, having fun
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by westTAHger » Fri 22 Jul, 2016 10:13 pm

In a perfect world, wests tigers would have won both golden point games so far this year.
The team would be on 22 points and in the top 8.
Not struggling on 18 points in 11th.
But in reality they didn't.
:sign: once a sprite in black and white.
now I am bold, in black, white and gold



" Hell and heaven, they can wait for you,
So go and do all the things that you want to do ".

From the Stereophonics song " C'est La Vie

User avatar
AmericanHistoryX
Member
Member
Posts: 7174
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 11:15 am
Location: Ho Chi Min City

Unread post by AmericanHistoryX » Fri 22 Jul, 2016 10:16 pm

In reality only 1 team can triumph.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

Image
"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

User avatar
AmericanHistoryX
Member
Member
Posts: 7174
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 11:15 am
Location: Ho Chi Min City

Unread post by AmericanHistoryX » Fri 22 Jul, 2016 10:16 pm

usually that's the best coached team.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

Image
"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 36308
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Fri 22 Jul, 2016 10:35 pm

I must admit I'm a Flanagan fan as a coach ,can't stand the Sharks though

User avatar
Love the WestsTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 3101
Joined: Wed 21 Jul, 2010 12:03 pm
Location: Ex Ctown Resident Now Qlander
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by Love the WestsTigers » Fri 22 Jul, 2016 10:43 pm

happy tiger wrote:I must admit I'm a Flanagan fan as a coach ,can't stand the Sharks though
I never rated him but he gets the job dont
Cant ask anything more than getting more wins than loses and Flanno is doing just that

Knuckles
Member
Member
Posts: 2815
Joined: Wed 15 Jul, 2009 10:11 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by Knuckles » Sat 23 Jul, 2016 6:42 am

AmericanHistoryX wrote:That there was no animosity in Taylor dumping Farah - just pure business
:lol:

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3197
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm
Has liked: 231 times
Been liked: 76 times

Unread post by formerguest » Sat 23 Jul, 2016 7:18 am

We would not be having this conversation if the club had listened to the coach and only signed him for two years at a time that he was already showing signs of losing the edge in the outstanding facets of his game that more than made up for his deficiencies in the bread and butter areas of dummy half play.

Three further years maybe at a stretch, but four more years on huge money and backended at that, was a ridiculous decision, nothing less. We are all only too aware at what has transpired since that diabolical decision.

User avatar
Masterton
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2123
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 6:57 pm
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 36 times

Unread post by Masterton » Sat 23 Jul, 2016 8:12 am

Love the WestsTigers wrote:AHX can you confirm my conspiracy theory ?

Taylor knows we can beat St George, so he comes out, says Robbie is cramping our style and drops him saying it will be the reason why we can win

Next week he knows the pressure will be on him from all to pick Robbie again but this time he knows we really dont have much chance of winning

So he picks Robbie and we lose, he comes out and says "see we lost because Robbie cramped our style"

Have i got that right?
Pretty Amateur plan but i had to think at Taylors level.
My alternate theory: Taylor drops Farah this week because he knows we can win without him, Farah goes back to reserve grade and passes from the ground like he has been asked to do for 18 months, Farah gets reinstated.

Wouldn't be the first or last time a player was dropped to give them a kick up the butt after they didn't follow coaches orders.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

User avatar
Love the WestsTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 3101
Joined: Wed 21 Jul, 2010 12:03 pm
Location: Ex Ctown Resident Now Qlander
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by Love the WestsTigers » Sat 23 Jul, 2016 8:25 am

Masterton wrote:
Love the WestsTigers wrote:AHX can you confirm my conspiracy theory ?

Taylor knows we can beat St George, so he comes out, says Robbie is cramping our style and drops him saying it will be the reason why we can win

Next week he knows the pressure will be on him from all to pick Robbie again but this time he knows we really dont have much chance of winning

So he picks Robbie and we lose, he comes out and says "see we lost because Robbie cramped our style"

Have i got that right?
Pretty Amateur plan but i had to think at Taylors level.
My alternate theory: Taylor drops Farah this week because he knows we can win without him, Farah goes back to reserve grade and passes from the ground like he has been asked to do for 18 months, Farah gets reinstated.

Wouldn't be the first or last time a player was dropped to give them a kick up the butt after they didn't follow coaches orders.
Whilst i hope my theory is absolute garbage i hope your is closer to reality

If its purely to improve Robbie's game and the best for the team this week i can forgive or ignore the dumping as its for the benefit of the team.
If there are other more personal reasons then it would leave me as mad as it did when news broke of this

Post Reply

Return to “Round 20: Wests Tigers vs St George Illawarra Dragons”