Ninth Minute v. Dragons

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 2757
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Re: Nineth Minute v. Dragons

Post by Harvey » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 11:24 am

2041 wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
2041 wrote:
Swordy wrote: Eddie, all 100% true.

But he should keep his mouthshut and not continue to air dirty laundry in public.

If he was truly 'smarter than that' as he claims, he would have killed them with kindness. Imagine being surrounded by the crowd, signing autographs and they are chanting your name.....and then the media asks you the obvious questions and your responses are "the team played well today. I felt good in my role in this game and i wish the first grade team the best tomorrow and i hope they beat St George by a big score."

You look professional, humble, and you focus everyone back on the coach and club management.
He's human, and he's been treated astonishingly shabbily by the club for a year or more. TBH if I were him I'd be tempted to say stuff it, I'm treating next year's salary as my retirement fund and I've got no intention of signing anywhere else to help these onanists out of the bind they've got themselves into. It's quite shocking man management quite apart from anything else: almost every decision Taylor/the club has made could have been done differently and better.
How could have the original decision been handled better? As in when it all broke loose for the first time last August when the club released the statement saying Farah was free to leave. Is there some other they could have announced it? Because things erupted off the back of that. I agree with the article written during the week. The one that said, our supporters have had to put up with weak administrators for so long that when the club finally get ones with some gumption, the supporters don't know what to do with themselves.
They could have quietly worked with Farah behind the scenes to find a compromise solution that served everyone's interests, instead of turning the whole thing into a conflict and a media circus in the first place. I'm not talking about doing this in Farah's interests (though showing a little more respect to a club legend would hardly have been a bad move) but purely in the best interests of the club. What possible purpose was served by advertising how desperate the club was to get rid of Farah? If you're trying to get the best price for your house you don't say "I'm struggling with the mortgage and TBH this place has been nothinf but trouble anyway", do you?
They did last year when they told Ayoub that he should move on. Ayoub said okay, say nothing I will find him a club, then 8 weeks later went running to the media with how the club was disrepecting a legend.
Based on the timing of this I am guessing there was some form of agreement reached for peace this year on the understanding that this would be Robbies last year and he would on. Perfect timing for such an announcement would have been while the club had the week off after a (in fairytale land) winning origin series. Laurie Daley mentioned that there would be more known about Farah's plans for next year around the bye week. It smells like Ayoub and Robbie have again reneged on a deal with the club, and this time the club is willing to play hard ball.


Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 2467
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 11:30 am

Harvey wrote:
2041 wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
2041 wrote:
He's human, and he's been treated astonishingly shabbily by the club for a year or more. TBH if I were him I'd be tempted to say stuff it, I'm treating next year's salary as my retirement fund and I've got no intention of signing anywhere else to help these onanists out of the bind they've got themselves into. It's quite shocking man management quite apart from anything else: almost every decision Taylor/the club has made could have been done differently and better.
How could have the original decision been handled better? As in when it all broke loose for the first time last August when the club released the statement saying Farah was free to leave. Is there some other they could have announced it? Because things erupted off the back of that. I agree with the article written during the week. The one that said, our supporters have had to put up with weak administrators for so long that when the club finally get ones with some gumption, the supporters don't know what to do with themselves.
They could have quietly worked with Farah behind the scenes to find a compromise solution that served everyone's interests, instead of turning the whole thing into a conflict and a media circus in the first place. I'm not talking about doing this in Farah's interests (though showing a little more respect to a club legend would hardly have been a bad move) but purely in the best interests of the club. What possible purpose was served by advertising how desperate the club was to get rid of Farah? If you're trying to get the best price for your house you don't say "I'm struggling with the mortgage and TBH this place has been nothinf but trouble anyway", do you?
They did last year when they told Ayoub that he should move on. Ayoub said okay, say nothing I will find him a club, then 8 weeks later went running to the media with how the club was disrepecting a legend.
Based on the timing of this I am guessing there was some form of agreement reached for peace this year on the understanding that this would be Robbies last year and he would on. Perfect timing for such an announcement would have been while the club had the week off after a (in fairytale land) winning origin series. Laurie Daley mentioned that there would be more known about Farah's plans for next year around the bye week. It smells like Ayoub and Robbie have again reneged on a deal with the club, and this time the club is willing to play hard ball.
Harvey, can you provide the evidence about RF reneging on a deal?

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 2757
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 11:36 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Harvey wrote:
2041 wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote: How could have the original decision been handled better? As in when it all broke loose for the first time last August when the club released the statement saying Farah was free to leave. Is there some other they could have announced it? Because things erupted off the back of that. I agree with the article written during the week. The one that said, our supporters have had to put up with weak administrators for so long that when the club finally get ones with some gumption, the supporters don't know what to do with themselves.
They could have quietly worked with Farah behind the scenes to find a compromise solution that served everyone's interests, instead of turning the whole thing into a conflict and a media circus in the first place. I'm not talking about doing this in Farah's interests (though showing a little more respect to a club legend would hardly have been a bad move) but purely in the best interests of the club. What possible purpose was served by advertising how desperate the club was to get rid of Farah? If you're trying to get the best price for your house you don't say "I'm struggling with the mortgage and TBH this place has been nothinf but trouble anyway", do you?
They did last year when they told Ayoub that he should move on. Ayoub said okay, say nothing I will find him a club, then 8 weeks later went running to the media with how the club was disrepecting a legend.
Based on the timing of this I am guessing there was some form of agreement reached for peace this year on the understanding that this would be Robbies last year and he would on. Perfect timing for such an announcement would have been while the club had the week off after a (in fairytale land) winning origin series. Laurie Daley mentioned that there would be more known about Farah's plans for next year around the bye week. It smells like Ayoub and Robbie have again reneged on a deal with the club, and this time the club is willing to play hard ball.
Harvey, can you provide the evidence about RF reneging on a deal?
Which one? It was widely reported and not denied that Ayoub was told well in advance of lasts years drama hitting the media. That is why he was talking to Souths about Robbie playing there this year.
If talking about now, no. Hence the reason I said that I am guessing with little more to go off than Daley's comments and the subsequent events.

User avatar
wmlmaster
Member
Member
Posts: 162
Joined: Sun 17 Jul, 2016 9:37 pm

Post by wmlmaster » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 12:29 pm

Milky wrote:RE Everyone:

I am not supporting Farah over the club, definitely not...Farah may not be the world beater he was a few years ago but he is the best eligible hooker at the club right now. To think that today we had

9. Farah

14. Cherrington

Playing in NSW Cup and then tomorrow we will have Dene/Edwards is a joke and it is beyond pathetic. Farah has played three games off the bench we won all. Farah has played 4 games in the past 12 weeks for the WT, we won three with the exception of one where he was concussed in the 20th minute...we scored over 30 points in each of those games, to say he is harming our attack is a joke. He is also a solid defender.

This is not a case of Farah is a club legend, this is a case of Farah is required to win against top sides. Yes tomorrow we may get away with a win against a crap side, but i guarantee you if we have Halatau and Edwards playing at hooker against a good side we will get destroyed.

Tomorrow I will be supporting the club, I will be supporting each and every guy that is wearing our jersey. But the guy in the box claiming he knows how to coach....he needs to go.
Spot on mate (X2)

User avatar
wmlmaster
Member
Member
Posts: 162
Joined: Sun 17 Jul, 2016 9:37 pm

Post by wmlmaster » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 12:45 pm

Has anyone else wondered what will happen if Robbie Farah leads us to winning the reserve grade grand final....


goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5540
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 1:09 pm

The reserves will love him.

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5540
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 1:12 pm

Harvey wrote:
2041 wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
2041 wrote:
He's human, and he's been treated astonishingly shabbily by the club for a year or more. TBH if I were him I'd be tempted to say stuff it, I'm treating next year's salary as my retirement fund and I've got no intention of signing anywhere else to help these onanists out of the bind they've got themselves into. It's quite shocking man management quite apart from anything else: almost every decision Taylor/the club has made could have been done differently and better.
How could have the original decision been handled better? As in when it all broke loose for the first time last August when the club released the statement saying Farah was free to leave. Is there some other they could have announced it? Because things erupted off the back of that. I agree with the article written during the week. The one that said, our supporters have had to put up with weak administrators for so long that when the club finally get ones with some gumption, the supporters don't know what to do with themselves.
They could have quietly worked with Farah behind the scenes to find a compromise solution that served everyone's interests, instead of turning the whole thing into a conflict and a media circus in the first place. I'm not talking about doing this in Farah's interests (though showing a little more respect to a club legend would hardly have been a bad move) but purely in the best interests of the club. What possible purpose was served by advertising how desperate the club was to get rid of Farah? If you're trying to get the best price for your house you don't say "I'm struggling with the mortgage and TBH this place has been nothinf but trouble anyway", do you?
They did last year when they told Ayoub that he should move on. Ayoub said okay, say nothing I will find him a club, then 8 weeks later went running to the media with how the club was disrepecting a legend.
Based on the timing of this I am guessing there was some form of agreement reached for peace this year on the understanding that this would be Robbies last year and he would on. Perfect timing for such an announcement would have been while the club had the week off after a (in fairytale land) winning origin series. Laurie Daley mentioned that there would be more known about Farah's plans for next year around the bye week. It smells like Ayoub and Robbie have again reneged on a deal with the club, and this time the club is willing to play hard ball.
It's amazing the things that you know, Harvey.... Bloody amazing :lol:

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 4197
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 1:13 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:The reserves will love him.
So everyone is happy then.

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5540
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 1:19 pm

Harvey wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Harvey wrote:
2041 wrote:
They could have quietly worked with Farah behind the scenes to find a compromise solution that served everyone's interests, instead of turning the whole thing into a conflict and a media circus in the first place. I'm not talking about doing this in Farah's interests (though showing a little more respect to a club legend would hardly have been a bad move) but purely in the best interests of the club. What possible purpose was served by advertising how desperate the club was to get rid of Farah? If you're trying to get the best price for your house you don't say "I'm struggling with the mortgage and TBH this place has been nothinf but trouble anyway", do you?
They did last year when they told Ayoub that he should move on. Ayoub said okay, say nothing I will find him a club, then 8 weeks later went running to the media with how the club was disrepecting a legend.
Based on the timing of this I am guessing there was some form of agreement reached for peace this year on the understanding that this would be Robbies last year and he would on. Perfect timing for such an announcement would have been while the club had the week off after a (in fairytale land) winning origin series. Laurie Daley mentioned that there would be more known about Farah's plans for next year around the bye week. It smells like Ayoub and Robbie have again reneged on a deal with the club, and this time the club is willing to play hard ball.
Harvey, can you provide the evidence about RF reneging on a deal?
Which one? It was widely reported and not denied that Ayoub was told well in advance of lasts years drama hitting the media. That is why he was talking to Souths about Robbie playing there this year.
If talking about now, no. Hence the reason I said that I am guessing with little more to go off than Daley's comments and the subsequent events.
Was this from a reporter who fits the accepted view of a reliable reporter, or one who the forum calls a hack that's full of crap.
I know that's a hard question, because their opinion changes as to whether the Reliable/ Crap reporter writes something that doesn't fit some of the forums
Views.
Don't worry about the answer, as it's an impossible one to answer

rialto
Member
Member
Posts: 273
Joined: Fri 04 Sep, 2015 12:52 pm

Post by rialto » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 1:19 pm

Dragon fans love Robbie too !!!!!

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 2757
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 1:22 pm

rialto wrote:Dragon fans love Robbie too !!!!!
until he signs with them

rialto
Member
Member
Posts: 273
Joined: Fri 04 Sep, 2015 12:52 pm

Post by rialto » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 1:37 pm

innsaneink wrote:Farah has been getting offside with coaches and management since he first set foot in the club. He was well known for being up himself long before he reached first grade.
His talent has gotten him a long way, his attitude has prevented him from being a real club legend in some eyes, hence the division and polarisation he causes. Some people can see past these flaws in his character, I and many others don't. With his manager who represents him continually bad mouthing the club I support, and his endless clashes with his coaches and management over the years, the only constant I see is one Robbie Farah at fault, despite the great player he's been for us.
He has brought about his own downfall, narcissists usually fall harder than anyone... He has no one to blame but himself.
Great post - should be required reading on every thread. IMO Pascoe should have given JT full support from the start of the season. We might have had it all over by now.

rialto
Member
Member
Posts: 273
Joined: Fri 04 Sep, 2015 12:52 pm

Post by rialto » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 1:47 pm

Harvey wrote:
rialto wrote:Dragon fans love Robbie too !!!!!
until he signs with them
He's helping them right now mate. Turning tiger on tiger. What a legacy he is going to leave - I certainly won't forget of forgive!

rialto
Member
Member
Posts: 273
Joined: Fri 04 Sep, 2015 12:52 pm

Post by rialto » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 1:51 pm

Harvey wrote:
2041 wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
2041 wrote:
He's human, and he's been treated astonishingly shabbily by the club for a year or more. TBH if I were him I'd be tempted to say stuff it, I'm treating next year's salary as my retirement fund and I've got no intention of signing anywhere else to help these onanists out of the bind they've got themselves into. It's quite shocking man management quite apart from anything else: almost every decision Taylor/the club has made could have been done differently and better.
How could have the original decision been handled better? As in when it all broke loose for the first time last August when the club released the statement saying Farah was free to leave. Is there some other they could have announced it? Because things erupted off the back of that. I agree with the article written during the week. The one that said, our supporters have had to put up with weak administrators for so long that when the club finally get ones with some gumption, the supporters don't know what to do with themselves.
They could have quietly worked with Farah behind the scenes to find a compromise solution that served everyone's interests, instead of turning the whole thing into a conflict and a media circus in the first place. I'm not talking about doing this in Farah's interests (though showing a little more respect to a club legend would hardly have been a bad move) but purely in the best interests of the club. What possible purpose was served by advertising how desperate the club was to get rid of Farah? If you're trying to get the best price for your house you don't say "I'm struggling with the mortgage and TBH this place has been nothinf but trouble anyway", do you?
They did last year when they told Ayoub that he should move on. Ayoub said okay, say nothing I will find him a club, then 8 weeks later went running to the media with how the club was disrepecting a legend.
Based on the timing of this I am guessing there was some form of agreement reached for peace this year on the understanding that this would be Robbies last year and he would on. Perfect timing for such an announcement would have been while the club had the week off after a (in fairytale land) winning origin series. Laurie Daley mentioned that there would be more known about Farah's plans for next year around the bye week. It smells like Ayoub and Robbie have again reneged on a deal with the club, and this time the club is willing to play hard ball.
Interesting Harvey, the timeline seem to fit in well. Mmmmm

tigerap
Member
Member
Posts: 1768
Joined: Tue 06 Oct, 2015 10:08 pm

Post by tigerap » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 3:28 pm

rialto wrote:
Harvey wrote:
2041 wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote: How could have the original decision been handled better? As in when it all broke loose for the first time last August when the club released the statement saying Farah was free to leave. Is there some other they could have announced it? Because things erupted off the back of that. I agree with the article written during the week. The one that said, our supporters have had to put up with weak administrators for so long that when the club finally get ones with some gumption, the supporters don't know what to do with themselves.
They could have quietly worked with Farah behind the scenes to find a compromise solution that served everyone's interests, instead of turning the whole thing into a conflict and a media circus in the first place. I'm not talking about doing this in Farah's interests (though showing a little more respect to a club legend would hardly have been a bad move) but purely in the best interests of the club. What possible purpose was served by advertising how desperate the club was to get rid of Farah? If you're trying to get the best price for your house you don't say "I'm struggling with the mortgage and TBH this place has been nothinf but trouble anyway", do you?
They did last year when they told Ayoub that he should move on. Ayoub said okay, say nothing I will find him a club, then 8 weeks later went running to the media with how the club was disrepecting a legend.
Based on the timing of this I am guessing there was some form of agreement reached for peace this year on the understanding that this would be Robbies last year and he would on. Perfect timing for such an announcement would have been while the club had the week off after a (in fairytale land) winning origin series. Laurie Daley mentioned that there would be more known about Farah's plans for next year around the bye week. It smells like Ayoub and Robbie have again reneged on a deal with the club, and this time the club is willing to play hard ball.
Interesting Harvey, the timeline seem to fit in well. Mmmmm
Harvey is spot on with what happened... Ayoub is all behind this in cohorts with Farah... They want the club to pay out the $1m and Ayoub has another club lined up already for 2017-18

User avatar
Craegus
Member
Member
Posts: 342
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 8:56 pm
Location: Campbelltown, NSW, Australia

Post by Craegus » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 8:32 pm

rialto wrote:
Craegus wrote:How about you instead chant "Tigers" for 80 minutes and actually support the club you follow rather than a single player.

Or just go ahead and do your "Robbie" chants and perhaps when we lose out on keeping young up and coming players, or getting new ones to put the club in a great position going forward, he will be the only one left to actually chant for as we will have no-one left.

This sport is a business, start understanding that, was Robbie a major part of our club? Yes, but like so many other big name players in this game, he and everyone else needs to move on and understand that this is the best for the future of the club.
In a post on another thread I went so far as to call the booing of our coach when our players are on or near the field today as tantamount to SABOTAGING OUR TEAM.!!!
Completely agree, I just shook my head every time people did that today. If I didn't have more self control I am sure I would have either made very loud comment or turned around and given people a mouthful at what I think is disgusting behaviour. You support the team as a whole or not at all, though I would get it if we had not won a game this year or were in the Knights situation, but we are 8 and 10 and two points out of the 8. Not a position for the fans to be booing the coach at all, especially one who has actually had the balls to make the big calls when needed (if not actually a bit late).
Image

User avatar
Masterton
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2163
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 6:57 pm

Post by Masterton » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 8:52 pm

happy tiger wrote:
I just wonder if Robbie realizes he is doing to his legacy , I bet every person who is unhappy with his actions (myself included ) wishes he had stuck to playing footy

I'd love for Robbie to have played 250+ games as a legend and be respected for everything he and his family have done for the club
Don't get involved in club politics and don't take sides
It's obvious that Farah views being a one-team player an important part of his legacy. Fair enough, but I would ask him: Do you think anyone thinks less of Des Hasler after he was forced to leave Manly and spend a year at the Magpies? Was his reputation tarnished in some way? I think not.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

User avatar
cqtiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2339
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:34 pm
Location: Rockhampton QLD

Post by cqtiger » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 9:25 pm

It's sad to think that Robbie will probably finish his career in reserve grade. His comments yesterday and today were emotional but should not have been said openly to the media.

He is a very stubborn individual playing in a team environment. I have admired Robbie for many years but he has lost me now.

If another club wants to pay half his salary next year he should take it. I wouldn't let him go if we had to pay most of his contract. If I was coach I would have him play reserves every game as it would help the young ones coming through. Some people would say why pay a player to be in reserve grade all year? Just think along the same lines of paying Benji all those years recovering from shoulder surgery.

I sincerely hope he gets to play his 250th first grade game...but I'm not holding my breath.

Oh captain o captain why couldn't you just keep your mouth shut?
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

Post Reply
cron