Ninth Minute v. Dragons

GNR4LIFE

Re: Nineth Minute v. Dragons

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 1:03 am

Fade To Black wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Fade To Black wrote:
gallagher wrote:At the 9th minute i'd like to see Halatua pick the ball up from dummyy half, stand up for a few seconds, run into the marker, to try and get a penalty, then pass it into woods head.
What a show of respect that would be.
You honestly dont think Farah is a better player than Halatau?

The way Halatau gets concussed in games these days he will be lucky to last until the 9th minute unfortunately (No disrespect to Dene but it's cold reality).
After seeing farahs reaction today? He has no place in any team. It's a team sport.
I absolutely agree that he oversteps the mark and shoots his mouth off when it would be better to keep quiet.
I also absolutely feel he is the best hooker in our club and for that fact alone should be playing this week. Choosing Halatau and Edwards ahead of him is an irrational move by a club that just has no idea how to best give itself a chance of success in our remaining 7 games this season. If Robbie got a tap on the shoulder in the off-season after this next 2 months it would have been a hell of a better way to go about things than dump our club in the headlines again with our season still alive.
The fact that JT crapped on in the media about how dropping Farah "would send a warning across the bow of all our players whose form drops" is just total garbage, Robbie has been playing well recently. I can easily think of 6 or so players in our side who should of been dropped on form before Farah so far this season.
Not taking Robbie's side, I love my club more than any egotistical player or arrogant, lying coach within it. IMO Farah has been showed plenty of disrespect in the handling of this mess, it was a totally unnecessary distraction to our finals' tilt.
Yep, very sad.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 1:06 am

Fade To Black wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Fade To Black wrote:
gallagher wrote:At the 9th minute i'd like to see Halatua pick the ball up from dummyy half, stand up for a few seconds, run into the marker, to try and get a penalty, then pass it into woods head.

The way Halatau gets concussed in games these days he will be lucky to last until the 9th minute unfortunately (No disrespect to Dene but it's cold reality).
After seeing farahs reaction today? He has no place in any team. It's a team sport.
I absolutely agree that he oversteps the mark and shoots his mouth off when it would be better to keep quiet.
I also absolutely feel he is the best hooker in our club and for that fact alone should be playing this week. Choosing Halatau and Edwards ahead of him is an irrational move by a club that just has no idea how to best give itself a chance of success in our remaining 7 games this season. If Robbie got a tap on the shoulder in the off-season after this next 2 months it would have been a hell of a better way to go about things than dump our club in the headlines again with our season still alive.
The fact that JT crapped on in the media about how dropping Farah "would send a warning across the bow of all our players whose form drops" is just total garbage, Robbie has been playing well recently. I can easily think of 6 or so players in our side who should of been dropped on form before Farah so far this season.
Not taking Robbie's side, I love my club more than any egotistical player or arrogant, lying coach within it. IMO Farah has been showed plenty of disrespect in the handling of this mess, it was a totally unnecessary distraction to our finals' tilt.
I think there's a bigger picture than tomorrow's game or this year's finals.
I believe the team and club will be better off with him gone. His media appearance today only confirmed that to me.
Timing is bad, I'll give you that. Pascoe should have sorted this out last year. If Farah refused to go then he should have been in reggies for round 1.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 1:06 am

gallagher wrote:
Fade To Black wrote:

What did Farah do today ??

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 1:09 am

happy tiger wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Fade To Black wrote:

Had a go at taylor to the media. You should be able to find it on line.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 1:15 am

What did Farah say that wasn't true?

That we have the second worst defence?

That JT was bought in with a whole mantra on focusing on defence?

That he had been involved in 3 wins from his last 4 with 30 points in 3 of them?

Truth hurts obviously.

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 2:30 am

gallagher wrote:
Fade To Black wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Fade To Black wrote: You honestly dont think Farah is a better player than Halatau?

I think there's a bigger picture than tomorrow's game or this year's finals.
I believe the team and club will be better off with him gone. His media appearance today only confirmed that to me.
Timing is bad, I'll give you that. Pascoe should have sorted this out last year. If Farah refused to go then he should have been in reggies for round 1.
The timing no.matter when, was always going to be bad. Farah holds too much away over supporters and sponsors it seems. When you listen to not just what he said, but the manner in which he delivered it, can you imagine being a coach and having to deal with the likes oof him day in, day out? What a nightmare. I wish JT wasn't forced to back down before, but it is what it is.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 2:59 am

The timing of the decision is the thing that peeves me the most. I find it hard to see that our club stands a greater chance of success this season now than it did a few days ago before all this crap blew up. It should of all been sorted out last off-season or at the end of this season.
Can you imagine Paul Green having a spat with Thurston and refusing to play him for the last 2 months of the season just because of some petty, childish personality clash?
Robbie and Taylor both need to grow up, neither has come out of this debacle looking good. Bit late now though, the damage has well and truly been done to our clubs' image, divided the fan base etc.

madunit

Post by madunit » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 3:13 am

All I ask is that the title of this thread be corrected.

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 5:41 am

Eddie wrote:What did Farah say that wasn't true?

That he had been involved in 3 wins from his last 4 with 30 points in 3 of them?

Truth hurts obviously.
Eddie, all 100% true.

But he should keep his mouthshut and not continue to air dirty laundry in public.

If he was truly 'smarter than that' as he claims, he would have killed them with kindness. Imagine being surrounded by the crowd, signing autographs and they are chanting your name.....and then the media asks you the obvious questions and your responses are "the team played well today. I felt good in my role in this game and i wish the first grade team the best tomorrow and i hope they beat St George by a big score."

You look professional, humble, and you focus everyone back on the coach and club management.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 7:11 am

What Robbie did today just proves why he shouldn't be in FG. As someone who runs teams in my own job I wouldn't keep a bloke who behaved like he does in my team no matter how good they were at the job it goes back to the no peanut mantra the Swans have and the importance of a culture that the club and any organisation worth its salt talks about. It is the same reason Peachey was dropped by Griffin. Someone said could you imagine Green and Thurston being in the same situation well no I couldn't and I couldn't imagine Bellamy and Smith or Bennett and Parker. However thats because the players are good human beings and that is the bit where this is different not the coach but the player. The club tried to do this quietly behind closed doors last year with AYoub and then RObbie acted like a spoilt child and hasn't stopped. I am almost certain when Robbie came out and brought up the feud again and started it all up just before Origin 1 was when his FG career under JT was over and show it should have been but JT was honourable and let him hold a bench spot while Origin was on but that was it and yesterday proved that JT made the 100% right call

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 7:16 am

Truth hurts obviously.
Nothing he said wasn't true although it had a spin on it but truth isn't the point.

What he said meant that when his supposed mates in the NRL team are trying to prepare for the biggest game of the season that he is making the headlines all about him, he is putting the pressure on his NRL team mates, he is criticising their defence and their attack, he is generating headlines "Robbie Farah takes aim at coach" despite saying I'm just going to keep my head down and my mouth shut (he then spoke to every TV station in the world for 5 more minutes criticising his own team mates and his own club and coach). Then he wonders why he was dropped

Robbie you were dropped because when they write the No Dickheads policy in team sports they will forever have a picture of you in the manual with a big cross through it

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 7:47 am

happy tiger wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Fade To Black wrote:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/video/leagu ... lor!536048

Link for presser .....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Post by 2041 » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 7:48 am

Swordy wrote:

Truth hurts obviously.
Eddie, all 100% true.

But he should keep his mouthshut and not continue to air dirty laundry in public.

If he was truly 'smarter than that' as he claims, he would have killed them with kindness. Imagine being surrounded by the crowd, signing autographs and they are chanting your name.....and then the media asks you the obvious questions and your responses are "the team played well today. I felt good in my role in this game and i wish the first grade team the best tomorrow and i hope they beat St George by a big score."

You look professional, humble, and you focus everyone back on the coach and club management.
He's human, and he's been treated astonishingly shabbily by the club for a year or more. TBH if I were him I'd be tempted to say stuff it, I'm treating next year's salary as my retirement fund and I've got no intention of signing anywhere else to help these onanists out of the bind they've got themselves into. It's quite shocking man management quite apart from anything else: almost every decision Taylor/the club has made could have been done differently and better.

Post by 2041 » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 7:51 am

Boonboon2 wrote:

Truth hurts obviously.
Nothing he said wasn't true although it had a spin on it but truth isn't the point.

What he said meant that when his supposed mates in the NRL team are trying to prepare for the biggest game of the season that he is making the headlines all about him, he is putting the pressure on his NRL team mates, he is criticising their defence and their attack, he is generating headlines "Robbie Farah takes aim at coach" despite saying I'm just going to keep my head down and my mouth shut (he then spoke to every TV station in the world for 5 more minutes criticising his own team mates and his own club and coach). Then he wonders why he was dropped

Robbie you were dropped because when they write the No Dickheads policy in team sports they will forever have a picture of you in the manual with a big cross through it
Shocking view on a club legend, who took unders to stay several times. This league is rotten with drug cheats and wife beaters yet you think Farah is the prime peanut because you think players should just roll over and die as soon as they're not worth the dollar amount on a contract the club gave them. Pathetic attitude.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 7:59 am

2041 wrote:
Swordy wrote:

Truth hurts obviously.
Eddie, all 100% true.

He's human, and he's been treated astonishingly shabbily by the club for a year or more. TBH if I were him I'd be tempted to say stuff it, I'm treating next year's salary as my retirement fund and I've got no intention of signing anywhere else to help these onanists out of the bind they've got themselves into. It's quite shocking man management quite apart from anything else: almost every decision Taylor/the club has made could have been done differently and better.
How could have the original decision been handled better? As in when it all broke loose for the first time last August when the club released the statement saying Farah was free to leave. Is there some other they could have announced it? Because things erupted off the back of that. I agree with the article written during the week. The one that said, our supporters have had to put up with weak administrators for so long that when the club finally get ones with some gumption, the supporters don't know what to do with themselves.

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 8:02 am

I think it's important we show or respect to all the ppl who have made the club great.

So in the seventh minute i will be chanting "John". Johnny cronk for the ill-informed.

This will be the follow up to my protest chant of "John". In the fifth minute. This will be performed while I give the 4 finger salute to the coaches box in honor of Terry Lamb leaving the great hopoate out in the cold.

In the ninth minute I will, however, chant Robbie. In honor of the legendary Robbie Mears. Arguably the first of our erstwhile Hookers casualties.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 8:27 am

2041 wrote:
Boonboon2 wrote:

Truth hurts obviously.

Shocking view on a club legend, who took unders to stay several times. This league is rotten with drug cheats and wife beaters yet you think Farah is the prime peanut because you think players should just roll over and die as soon as they're not worth the dollar amount on a contract the club gave them. Pathetic attitude.
Hang on, he did not take unders, he deferred the payment. We have constantly been told that the reason he is on 900k+ this year is to get the money he agreed to defer in previous years. If he had truly taken unders and was on 600-700k this year, there may not be the push to get him out.

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 8:29 am

I have to admit, that made me laugh.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!