Ninth Minute v. Dragons

Eddie

Re: Nineth Minute v. Dragons

Post by Eddie » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 9:46 am

Swordy wrote:
Eddie wrote:What did Farah say that wasn't true?

That we have the second worst defence?

That JT was bought in with a whole mantra on focusing on defence?

That he had been involved in 3 wins from his last 4 with 30 points in 3 of them?

Truth hurts obviously.
Eddie, all 100% true.

But he should keep his mouthshut and not continue to air dirty laundry in public.

If he was truly 'smarter than that' as he claims, he would have killed them with kindness. Imagine being surrounded by the crowd, signing autographs and they are chanting your name.....and then the media asks you the obvious questions and your responses are "the team played well today. I felt good in my role in this game and i wish the first grade team the best tomorrow and i hope they beat St George by a big score."

You look professional, humble, and you focus everyone back on the coach and club management.
He obviously feels the decision is personal.

He took his medicine when dropped to the bench and played really well.

The reasons for JT dropping him were picked apart and I feel he had a right to do that.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 10:05 am

Someone with integrity would suck it up and keep the tears in check and not spew his medicine back up in front of the media.
It's unprofessional and the media love him for it... They know he cant help himself and he'll give them what they want. I'm glad he thinks yesterday was as good as 250 NRL games cause he just guaranteed he won't be getting that.

The novelty will soon wear off for those 'fans' who's first reserve grade game it was yesterday

JT wins.

Farah loses

This will scar Farah for life

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 10:11 am

innsaneink wrote:Someone with integrity would suck it up and keep the tears in check and not spew his medicine back up in front of the media.
It's unprofessional and the media love him for it... They know he cant help himself and he'll give them what they want. I'm glad he thinks yesterday was as good as 250 NRL games cause he just guaranteed he won't be getting that.

The novelty will soon wear off for those 'fans' who's first reserve grade game it was yesterday

JT wins.

Farah loses

His autobiography will be longer than War and Peace. He'll devote 200 pages each to the Taylor and Potter scandals alone. And that's not even including the time Johns "ambushed" him live on air about the rift with Benji or Freeman benching him in the juniors.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 10:12 am

innsaneink wrote:Someone with integrity would suck it up and keep the tears in check and not spew his medicine back up in front of the media.

JT wins.

Farah loses

You have the hide to quotes these "fans" that are actually members and go to games. There Tigers fans with a different view to yourself. Cant you accept that?

Its interesting how 2 people can view thing so differently.

I thought it was a great show of support for a club legend from our fans. I was proud of our fans.

Which other club would get 2500 to a reserve grade game.

It was special for Robbie whether you like that or not.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 10:14 am

JT wins.

Farah loses

I think it will sink in when the media stop turning up. Dark days ahead for him.

Post by 2041 » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 10:23 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
2041 wrote:
Swordy wrote:
Eddie wrote:What did Farah say that wasn't true?

That we have the second worst defence?

That JT was bought in with a whole mantra on focusing on defence?

That he had been involved in 3 wins from his last 4 with 30 points in 3 of them?

Truth hurts obviously.
Eddie, all 100% true.

But he should keep his mouthshut and not continue to air dirty laundry in public.

If he was truly 'smarter than that' as he claims, he would have killed them with kindness. Imagine being surrounded by the crowd, signing autographs and they are chanting your name.....and then the media asks you the obvious questions and your responses are "the team played well today. I felt good in my role in this game and i wish the first grade team the best tomorrow and i hope they beat St George by a big score."

You look professional, humble, and you focus everyone back on the coach and club management.
He's human, and he's been treated astonishingly shabbily by the club for a year or more. TBH if I were him I'd be tempted to say stuff it, I'm treating next year's salary as my retirement fund and I've got no intention of signing anywhere else to help these onanists out of the bind they've got themselves into. It's quite shocking man management quite apart from anything else: almost every decision Taylor/the club has made could have been done differently and better.
How could have the original decision been handled better? As in when it all broke loose for the first time last August when the club released the statement saying Farah was free to leave. Is there some other they could have announced it? Because things erupted off the back of that. I agree with the article written during the week. The one that said, our supporters have had to put up with weak administrators for so long that when the club finally get ones with some gumption, the supporters don't know what to do with themselves.
They could have quietly worked with Farah behind the scenes to find a compromise solution that served everyone's interests, instead of turning the whole thing into a conflict and a media circus in the first place. I'm not talking about doing this in Farah's interests (though showing a little more respect to a club legend would hardly have been a bad move) but purely in the best interests of the club. What possible purpose was served by advertising how desperate the club was to get rid of Farah? If you're trying to get the best price for your house you don't say "I'm struggling with the mortgage and TBH this place has been nothinf but trouble anyway", do you?

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 10:26 am

Look I think Farah is quite a fragile guy. No one is saying he is perfect. He puts on his big tough face but im not convinced.

He did lose his mother tragically a few years ago.

His character has been pulled apart plenty of times in the press the last 2 years which is never fun for anyone.

He is a single guy who is 33 or 34. So no real support network there.

He is close to the end of his career, and being kicked out of the club he has been at for 15 years.

That is a lot of happen in a few years.

I wouldn't be surprised if he suffers from some form of depression to be honest. Which is never something that should be made light of. However people wish dark days ahead for him, I just think its ordinary.

Its one of the reasons i went out there yesterday. People can critisise these comments if they want but i thought the tears were genuine and maybe an insight into his life. To me he has looked a bit like someone that is struggling the last few years.

I was proud of the Tigers fans that supported him yesterday.
Last edited by Eddie on Sun 24 Jul, 2016 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 10:27 am

gallagher wrote:

JT wins.

Farah loses

I think it will sink in when the media stop turning up. Dark days ahead for him.
They'll probably be there every week because they know good old Reggie is always good for a quote.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 10:28 am

They may have a different view Eddie. I see them as fans supporting division. I have ALWAYS viewed rugby league as a team sport.
I used to attend a lot of BRET Reggie's games when my sons mate was a ball boy. I loved these days... Real rugby league with real rugby league people without all the hype that the NRL is.
Yesterday was a circus imo and if these supporters continue to attend reserve grade all next year as well as the rest of this year then I'll take my words back.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 10:35 am

innsaneink wrote:They may have a different view Eddie. I see them as fans supporting division. I have ALWAYS viewed rugby league as a team sport.
I used to attend a lot of BRET Reggie's games when my sons mate was a ball boy. I loved these days... Real rugby league with real rugby league people without all the hype that the NRL is.
Yesterday was a circus imo and if these supporters continue to attend reserve grade all next year as well as the rest of this year then I'll take my words back.
So they should have all stayed away you think?

You have no time for fans that turned up to support a 247 game club legend?

Im proud that we have fans that care about our players. You see it all around the world fans become attached to their club legends.

Yesterday in my opinion were real league fans and real league people.

With a different opinion on football to yours. Doesnt make them any less a fan at all. Nor does your view on it.

rialto

Post by rialto » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 10:40 am

2041 - Ayoub was notified well in advance about the need to move Robbie on. They REFUSED to do so and instead leaked it to the media - the rest is history.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 10:42 am

Eddie wrote:
innsaneink wrote:They may have a different view Eddie. I see them as fans supporting division. I have ALWAYS viewed rugby league as a team sport.

Im proud that we have fans that care about our players. You see it all around the world fans become attached to their club legends.

With a different opinion on football to yours. Doesnt make them any less a fan at all. Nor does your view on it.
I don't have an issue either , but the club must always come first , whether you agree or don't

And if this way too hard for people to cope with maybe they should support another code

Because these types of decisions are just going to become more and more prevalent , look at how many players have switched clubs mid season ,this season

5 years ago you might have got 3-4 across the entire NRL

Some clubs alone switched 3-4 players mid season mid contract this year

rialto

Post by rialto » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 10:46 am

Boonboon2 wrote:What Robbie did today just proves why he shouldn't be in FG. As someone who runs teams in my own job I wouldn't keep a bloke who behaved like he does in my team no matter how good they were at the job it goes back to the no peanut mantra the Swans have and the importance of a culture that the club and any organisation worth its salt talks about. It is the same reason Peachey was dropped by Griffin. Someone said could you imagine Green and Thurston being in the same situation well no I couldn't and I couldn't imagine Bellamy and Smith or Bennett and Parker. However thats because the players are good human beings and that is the bit where this is different not the coach but the player. The club tried to do this quietly behind closed doors last year with AYoub and then RObbie acted like a spoilt child and hasn't stopped. I am almost certain when Robbie came out and brought up the feud again and started it all up just before Origin 1 was when his FG career under JT was over and show it should have been but JT was honourable and let him hold a bench spot while Origin was on but that was it and yesterday proved that JT made the 100% right call
X2

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 10:46 am

happy tiger wrote:
Eddie wrote:

I don't have an issue either , but the club must always come first , whether you agree or don't

And if this way too hard for people to cope with maybe they should support another code

Because these types of decisions are just going to become more and more prevalent , look at how many players have switched clubs mid season ,this season

Happy,

always respect your views,

How many 247 game one club players found themselves dumped to reserves at their club?\

Some have moved on and found new clubs. Farah either didnt have any takers or didnt want to go. His contract probably being a big stumbling point

Its quite unique and i think thats why there was a fairly big reaction. I would rather our fans show up then not show up for any player with that amount of games under their belt.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 10:56 am

Eddie wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Eddie wrote:

Happy,

always respect your views,

How many 247 game one club players found themselves dumped to reserves at their club?\

Some have moved on and found new clubs. Farah either didnt have any takers or didnt want to go. His contract probably being a big stumbling point

Its quite unique and i think thats why there was a fairly big reaction. I would rather our fans show up then not show up for any player with that amount of games under their belt.
My point is this will probably happen to Brooks ,Moses and Tedesco if they spend their careers at one club , eventually what they think they are worth and what they are actually worth will be polls apart do to age , injuries etc

The salary cap doesn't work real well with players in this situation

But I maintain Robbie has brought this on himself to a fair degree

Should of stuck to the on field stuff

I just wonder if Robbie realizes he is doing to his legacy , I bet every person who is unhappy with his actions (myself included ) wishes he had stuck to playing footy

I'd love for Robbie to have played 250+ games as a legend and be respected for everything he and his family have done for the club
Don't get involved in club politics and don't take sides

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 11:00 am

Farah has been getting offside with coaches and management since he first set foot in the club. He was well known for being up himself long before he reached first grade.
His talent has gotten him a long way, his attitude has prevented him from being a real club legend in some eyes, hence the division and polarisation he causes. Some people can see past these flaws in his character, I and many others don't. With his manager who represents him continually bad mouthing the club I support, and his endless clashes with his coaches and management over the years, the only constant I see is one Robbie Farah at fault, despite the great player he's been for us.
He has brought about his own downfall, narcissists usually fall harder than anyone... He has no one to blame but himself.

rialto

Post by rialto » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 11:04 am

Craegus wrote:How about you instead chant "Tigers" for 80 minutes and actually support the club you follow rather than a single player.

Or just go ahead and do your "Robbie" chants and perhaps when we lose out on keeping young up and coming players, or getting new ones to put the club in a great position going forward, he will be the only one left to actually chant for as we will have no-one left.

This sport is a business, start understanding that, was Robbie a major part of our club? Yes, but like so many other big name players in this game, he and everyone else needs to move on and understand that this is the best for the future of the club.
In a post on another thread I went so far as to call the booing of our coach when our players are on or near the field today as tantamount to SABOTAGING OUR TEAM.!!!

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 11:11 am

The thing is Farah has again made it all about himself..

Not one mention of the team today in his bleatings as they attempt to continue to push for the 8...sad
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen