**Live game thread** Us vs the Dragons

Tigermama
Member
Member
Posts: 4351
Joined: Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:33 am

Re: **Live game thread** Us vs the Dragons

Post by Tigermama » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 3:34 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Tigermama wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tigermama wrote:
And we only managed to beat them by 13 points. :shock:
Glad we got the win, but what a miserable perfomance from both teams.
Nothing to crowe home about. Kinda have to agree with Warren Smith when he laughingly implied, that fans that came to see these two teams play today, should demand their money back. :(
Why the melodramtics? We've played worse this yr and won. It wasn't the greatest win, but if you can't see this team has room for improvement, you must have amnesia.

And we might have won by more if we weren't down to 2 men on the bench and we spent the first 15 mins of the second half defending our line. Nah, that isn't worth noting is it :?
Why the excuses...Get serious. Both teams played woeful. Not ifs or buts. Yes in the past we've had some shockers and we continue to have them it seems.I didn't say theres no room for improvement. I'm just sick of waiting for it.
Where's the pride. This team isn't a finals contender this season and if they don't improve dramatically neither will we see them there next year. It was a pathetic display from both teams.

I hate to do it again TM but:-


:crazy :crazy :crazy
Lol , go right ahead , if it makes you feel better :lol:


Newtown
Member
Member
Posts: 5399
Joined: Fri 28 Sep, 2012 8:40 am

Post by Newtown » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 3:48 pm

The Dragons' coach seemed to be using Wests Tigers' early season tactics of 4 or 5 hit ups by the forwards followed by an up and under. Negative tactics which don't contribute to attacking play but tend to conserve players' energy to tackle for the next six tackle set of opposition attack. The Dragons and Knights For points aggregates are the lowest in the NRL.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21046
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 4:01 pm

Tigermama wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tigermama wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote: Why the melodramtics? We've played worse this yr and won. It wasn't the greatest win, but if you can't see this team has room for improvement, you must have amnesia.

And we might have won by more if we weren't down to 2 men on the bench and we spent the first 15 mins of the second half defending our line. Nah, that isn't worth noting is it :?
Why the excuses...Get serious. Both teams played woeful. Not ifs or buts. Yes in the past we've had some shockers and we continue to have them it seems.I didn't say theres no room for improvement. I'm just sick of waiting for it.
Where's the pride. This team isn't a finals contender this season and if they don't improve dramatically neither will we see them there next year. It was a pathetic display from both teams.
Not a finals contender? Where we're sitting on the ladder says differently
:lol: where we're sitting on the ladder sais it all. 10th isn't it? Let's not mention our for and against. 8-)
Yeah, and two points out of the 8 with 6 rounds to play. If that doesn't make us contenders idk what does. Your agenda here is clear and pathetic.

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5846
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 4:16 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:If I had a perfect record picking winners, I wouldn't be here talking to a couple of Members of the " lets knight our halfwit Coach" believers, id pick up my winnings and be off to the South Pacific until the clubs gets real and gets us a real Coach.
If he keeps picking Rankin, Edwards , and Lovett ( in the centres) . I am quite happy to go with my thoughts of our chances id rather be a realist about our form , than live in sugar land like some.
I don't think anyone is going out this morning and buying GF tix. The win was scrappy, but the one true positive that can't be argued is that they did not play like a team affected by what happened during the week. Their heads would have dropped as soon as Saints scored early on, and they would not have held their line the way they did in the second half, regardless of the oppositions attack. That's all that mattered yesterday.
For once GnR, I entirely agree with you. all Im saying is that it was against the weakest attack that we will most likely meet for the rest of the comp.
and proved nothing either way

Tigermama
Member
Member
Posts: 4351
Joined: Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:33 am

Post by Tigermama » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 4:34 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tigermama wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tigermama wrote:
Why the excuses...Get serious. Both teams played woeful. Not ifs or buts. Yes in the past we've had some shockers and we continue to have them it seems.I didn't say theres no room for improvement. I'm just sick of waiting for it.
Where's the pride. This team isn't a finals contender this season and if they don't improve dramatically neither will we see them there next year. It was a pathetic display from both teams.
Not a finals contender? Where we're sitting on the ladder says differently
:lol: where we're sitting on the ladder sais it all. 10th isn't it? Let's not mention our for and against. 8-)
Yeah, and two points out of the 8 with 6 rounds to play. If that doesn't make us contenders idk what does. Your agenda here is clear and pathetic.
Haha, agenda? I couldn't care less what you think, but i respect your right to say it. How about you show me the same respect. Seems like everyone that has a different opinion to yours, is pathetic and has an agenda. Lol. Mine is just an opinion on yesterday's game and I'm alowed to express it. So get off your high horse, before you fall. I didn't like the way both teams played. I expected it from the Dragons but expected better from us. Silly me for having high expectations. :?
Glad to get the win though as i mentioned before.... Now move along.


User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 27899
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 4:41 pm

We are ahead of Souff's Manly Parra and the Rorters after 20 Rounds...AND I'm Loving it...

If you said that to any RL pundit at the start of the season..they would have given you the keys to a padded cell...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Tigermama
Member
Member
Posts: 4351
Joined: Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:33 am

Post by Tigermama » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 4:54 pm

Geo. wrote:We are ahead of Souff's Manly Parra and the Rorters after 20 Rounds...AND I'm Loving it...

If you said that to any RL pundit at the start of the season..they would have given you the keys to a padded cell...
I'm glad too Geo. If we can improve our defence, they'll be no stopping us. ;)
Last edited by Tigermama on Mon 25 Jul, 2016 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21046
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 5:01 pm

Tigermama wrote:Haha, agenda? I couldn't care less what you think, but i respect your right to say it. How about you show me the same respect. Seems like everyone that has a different opinion to yours, is pathetic and has an agenda. Lol. Mine is just an opinion on yesterday's game and I'm alowed to express it. So get off your high horse, before you fall. I didn't like the way both teams played. I expected it from the Dragons but expected better from us. Silly me for having high expectations. :?
Glad to get the win though as i mentioned before.... Now move along.
Now now Mama, no one is telling you you can't have an opinion, don't play that card. People are allowed to call you out on an opinion if if they feel it's ridiculous though, which it is in this case. Were we good yesterday? Not really, but the effort was there which was the biggest question mark going into yesterday. This side has shown since the Raiders thrashing that they are improving. We've won 6 games since. But you say we aren't top 8 contenders??? That's just a flat out lie because us being just 2 points out of the 8 with average teams around us proves it.

Eddie
Member
Member
Posts: 3387
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by Eddie » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 5:24 pm

Well said Tiger Mama.

GNR you seem to have a real problem with people that have a different opinion to yours.

Because they don't agree with you it either an agenda or it is a ridiculous opinion.

Tigermama
Member
Member
Posts: 4351
Joined: Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:33 am

Post by Tigermama » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 5:28 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tigermama wrote:Haha, agenda? I couldn't care less what you think, but i respect your right to say it. How about you show me the same respect. Seems like everyone that has a different opinion to yours, is pathetic and has an agenda. Lol. Mine is just an opinion on yesterday's game and I'm alowed to express it. So get off your high horse, before you fall. I didn't like the way both teams played. I expected it from the Dragons but expected better from us. Silly me for having high expectations. :?
Glad to get the win though as i mentioned before.... Now move along.
Now now Mama, no one is telling you you can't have an opinion, don't play that card. People are allowed to call you out on an opinion if if they feel it's ridiculous though, which it is in this case. Were we good yesterday? Not really, but the effort was there which was the biggest question mark going into yesterday. This side has shown since the Raiders thrashing that they are improving. We've won 6 games since. But you say we aren't top 8 contenders??? That's just a flat out lie because us being just 2 points out of the 8 with average teams around us proves it.
Yeah whatever. :roll:

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21046
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 5:29 pm

Tigermama wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tigermama wrote:Haha, agenda? I couldn't care less what you think, but i respect your right to say it. How about you show me the same respect. Seems like everyone that has a different opinion to yours, is pathetic and has an agenda. Lol. Mine is just an opinion on yesterday's game and I'm alowed to express it. So get off your high horse, before you fall. I didn't like the way both teams played. I expected it from the Dragons but expected better from us. Silly me for having high expectations. :?
Glad to get the win though as i mentioned before.... Now move along.
Now now Mama, no one is telling you you can't have an opinion, don't play that card. People are allowed to call you out on an opinion if if they feel it's ridiculous though, which it is in this case. Were we good yesterday? Not really, but the effort was there which was the biggest question mark going into yesterday. This side has shown since the Raiders thrashing that they are improving. We've won 6 games since. But you say we aren't top 8 contenders??? That's just a flat out lie because us being just 2 points out of the 8 with average teams around us proves it.
Yeah whatever. :roll:
:roll

Tigermama
Member
Member
Posts: 4351
Joined: Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:33 am

Post by Tigermama » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 5:34 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tigermama wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tigermama wrote:Haha, agenda? I couldn't care less what you think, but i respect your right to say it. How about you show me the same respect. Seems like everyone that has a different opinion to yours, is pathetic and has an agenda. Lol. Mine is just an opinion on yesterday's game and I'm alowed to express it. So get off your high horse, before you fall. I didn't like the way both teams played. I expected it from the Dragons but expected better from us. Silly me for having high expectations. :?
Glad to get the win though as i mentioned before.... Now move along.
Now now Mama, no one is telling you you can't have an opinion, don't play that card. People are allowed to call you out on an opinion if if they feel it's ridiculous though, which it is in this case. Were we good yesterday? Not really, but the effort was there which was the biggest question mark going into yesterday. This side has shown since the Raiders thrashing that they are improving. We've won 6 games since. But you say we aren't top 8 contenders??? That's just a flat out lie because us being just 2 points out of the 8 with average teams around us proves it.
Yeah whatever. :roll:
:roll
So glad i can make you laugh. Didn't think you had it in you.
:roll

Post Reply