**Live game thread** Us vs the Dragons

ALX22

Re: **Live game thread** Us vs the Dragons

Post by ALX22 » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 12:57 am

Best game for the club, stood up when needed.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 8:15 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
magpiecol wrote:Ah the haters, don't you just love them. Only used to crawl out from under their rocks after a loss. Now it's after a win or a loss.

They would still hate even if we won the comp. Pinheads, all of them.

Great win boys.
Any win is good as points go . But Col if you really think that was great, you haven't got a clue about football . Enjoy next week , then be prepared for a reality check.after Parra.
And isn't your mouth watering at the thought of this supposed ''reality check''. As i just said to someone else in another thread, what fun it must be to sit and watch us win games while feeling disdain. And if that's not enough, feel the need to have to come on here and be a big wet blanket, insulting people for being happy withGNRitswith seeing their team win, especially off the back of a difficult week.
I've been around this club and its ancestors too long to go overboard adout a win that was like yesterday's. I said that we got the points and that was good , but to call that A great win was way OTT. I realise that you want it sugar coated , but if we play like that after next week we will be lucky to win another game. So dip the result in as much honey as you like , it's still was a win that didn't help our points differential much .
And it was a game that should have.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 9:29 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
magpiecol wrote:Ah the haters, don't you just love them. Only used to crawl out from under their rocks after a loss. Now it's after a win or a loss.

They would still hate even if we won the comp. Pinheads, all of them.

Great win boys.
Any win is good as points go . But Col if you really think that was great, you haven't got a clue about football . Enjoy next week , then be prepared for a reality check.after Parra.
And isn't your mouth watering at the thought of this supposed ''reality check''. As i just said to someone else in another thread, what fun it must be to sit and watch us win games while feeling disdain. And if that's not enough, feel the need to have to come on here and be a big wet blanket, insulting people for being happy withGNRitswith seeing their team win, especially off the back of a difficult week.
I've been around this club and its ancestors too long to go overboard adout a win that was like yesterday's. I said that we got the points and that was good , but to call that A great win was way OTT. I realise that you want it sugar coated , but if we play like that after next week we will be lucky to win another game. So dip the result in as much honey as you like , it's still was a win that didn't help our points differential much .
And you also thought Penrith were a legit team and were going to give us a touch up after soft recent wins against Souths and a depleted Broncos side. You have recent form of underestimating this side.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 10:35 am

foreveratiger wrote:
Yossarian wrote:Dragons are terrible.
That's an understatement Yoss, boy they are crap.
And we only managed to beat them by 13 points. :shock:
Glad we got the win, but what a miserable perfomance from both teams.
Nothing to crowe home about. Kinda have to agree with Warren Smith when he laughingly implied, that fans that came to see these two teams play today, should demand their money back. :(

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 10:40 am

Tigermama wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:
Nothing to crowe home about. Kinda have to agree with Warren Smith when he laughingly implied, that fans that came to see these two teams play today, should demand their money back. :(
Why the melodramtics? We've played worse this yr and won. It wasn't the greatest win, but if you can't see this team has room for improvement, you must have amnesia.

And we might have won by more if we weren't down to 2 men on the bench and we spent the first 15 mins of the second half defending our line. Nah, that isn't worth noting is it :?

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 12:06 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote: Any win is good as points go . But Col if you really think that was great, you haven't got a clue about football . Enjoy next week , then be prepared for a reality check.after Parra.

And you also thought Penrith were a legit team and were going to give us a touch up after soft recent wins against Souths and a depleted Broncos side. You have recent form of underestimating this side.
If I had a perfect record picking winners, I wouldn't be here talking to a couple of Members of the " lets knight our halfwit Coach" believers, id pick up my winnings and be off to the South Pacific until the clubs gets real and gets us a real Coach.
If he keeps picking Rankin, Edwards , and Lovett ( in the centres) . I am quite happy to go with my thoughts of our chances id rather be a realist about our form , than live in sugar land like some.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 12:27 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:If I had a perfect record picking winners, I wouldn't be here talking to a couple of Members of the " lets knight our halfwit Coach" believers, id pick up my winnings and be off to the South Pacific until the clubs gets real and gets us a real Coach.
If he keeps picking Rankin, Edwards , and Lovett ( in the centres) . I am quite happy to go with my thoughts of our chances id rather be a realist about our form , than live in sugar land like some.
I don't think anyone is going out this morning and buying GF tix. The win was scrappy, but the one true positive that can't be argued is that they did not play like a team affected by what happened during the week. Their heads would have dropped as soon as Saints scored early on, and they would not have held their line the way they did in the second half, regardless of the oppositions attack. That's all that mattered yesterday.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 1:16 pm

The team won, whilst we may not be happy with performance.

:roll: Can you imagine, the meltdown and frustration, calling for heads to roll if they lost?
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 1:22 pm

Let's stop whinging and being negative about a game we won by 13 points with just 15 players and start concentrating on our next game with Parramatta.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 2:50 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tigermama wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:
Why the melodramtics? We've played worse this yr and won. It wasn't the greatest win, but if you can't see this team has room for improvement, you must have amnesia.

And we might have won by more if we weren't down to 2 men on the bench and we spent the first 15 mins of the second half defending our line. Nah, that isn't worth noting is it :?
Why the excuses...Get serious. Both teams played woeful. Not ifs or buts. Yes in the past we've had some shockers and we continue to have them it seems.I didn't say theres no room for improvement. I'm just sick of waiting for it.
Where's the pride. This team isn't a finals contender this season and if they don't improve dramatically neither will we see them there next year. It was a pathetic display from both teams.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 2:58 pm

Tigermama wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tigermama wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:

Why the excuses...Get serious. Both teams played woeful. Not ifs or buts. Yes in the past we've had some shockers and we continue to have them it seems.I didn't say theres no room for improvement. I'm just sick of waiting for it.
Where's the pride. This team isn't a finals contender this season and if they don't improve dramatically neither will we see them there next year. It was a pathetic display from both teams.
Not a finals contender? Where we're sitting on the ladder says differently

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 3:03 pm

We kept them to 12 points, if our execution was better we'd have beat them by 30, stupid passes, being taken over the sideline, handling errors. It wasn't good enough but they have played worse this year. The intent was there.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 3:03 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:Once again we had the opportunity to put a hack team to the sword , but turn it into a game of park footy ...
Frustrating !
Very frustrating Hobo.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 3:05 pm

stryker wrote:Compare this game to any from yesterday. It is dead set reserve standard.
Yep. :(

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 3:20 pm

We're still 2 wins outside the 8 with 6 games to go... We're a finals outsider for sure. Beating Parra by 50 would help though, but would have been easier to beat Dragons by that amount.

We played a crap team, and missed almost twice as many tackles as them, but still somehow won. That shows how crap their attack is. We showed up for about 15-20 mins.

A win's a win, but given the circumstances that can only be described as a poor performance. Of course you could say that means there's lots of room for improvement, but at this time of year it shouldnt be about improving

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 3:25 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tigermama wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tigermama wrote:

Not a finals contender? Where we're sitting on the ladder says differently
:lol: where we're sitting on the ladder sais it all. 10th isn't it? Let's not mention our for and against. 8-)

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 3:27 pm

Tigermama wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tigermama wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:

I hate to do it again TM but:-

:crazy :crazy :crazy

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 3:30 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:We're still 2 wins outside the 8 with 6 games to go... We're a finals outsider for sure. Beating Parra by 50 would help though, but would have been easier to beat Dragons by that amount.

We played a crap team, and missed almost twice as many tackles as them, but still somehow won. That shows how crap their attack is. We showed up for about 15-20 mins.

A win's a win, but given the circumstances that can only be described as a poor performance. Of course you could say that means there's lots of room for improvement, but at this time of year it shouldnt be about improving

Spot on BB. Hopefully we'll get a couple more wins. Definitely need to improve our defence, if we are to be any chance of playing finals next year.