Pus!

Pawsandclaws

Re: Pus!

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 8:09 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
VonMiller58 wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
VonMiller58 wrote:

Brooks I will concede was a soft try but Moses really was Brilliant at times today.
Yep he was good today but my point is that Saints have been crap for a couple of weeks now and would not beat any of the teams above us, it was our chance to run up a decent score differential . Instead we at times seemed not to know what was going on.
our ball handling was also bad for much of the game
Only the most rabid Taylor fan would walk away from that game with any confidence of us being a top 8 team,

Im not a rabid Taylor fan however I am a rabid disliker of someone who pea heartedly white ants coach after coach after coach by talking behind their backs to all and sundry.I just want to see Wests Tigers and a coach who has the courage to back his convictions win and not some whining backstabber.Is that fair enough??
Another one who hasn't seen or been present at any conversation involving the people involved, yet believe the reports from others who also haven't been present,
Good to see you think for yourself, you are so certain, but have no first hand knowledge.
Apart from that . You were happy with the way we played today against the opposition we played. Were you??
Anyway welcome to the Forum
:lol:

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 8:21 pm

I'm actually happy with that result.

The Saints had much more intensity then I've seen from them in the last month along with a few players in a milestone game.

Is it a surprise Moses had his best game in a while with Farah out?

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 8:26 pm

Gee...Played the game with 16 men for 79min and 15 men for 40min...Defended repeat sets back to back to back twice in the 2nd half and closed out a game with composure..

Hate to see some of you after a loss...Oh wait..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

weststigers

Post by weststigers » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 8:28 pm

We were gassed from all the defending of repeat sets we had to do plus we were down Lawrence and Grant. We ended up with 48% for the match...that's a fairly big swing considering we went into half time with 52% from memory.

Had we played the Dragons earlier in the season, I think we might have struggled with all that defence. Pretty happy we held them out and finished off the game nicely with the field goal to put it beyond doubt.

Big pluses:
1. Brooks - has really stepped up and looks like he belongs in the team now.
2. Moses - has kicked on and seems to be going from strength to strength

Mac tiger

Post by Mac tiger » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 9:20 pm

I'm pleased as well. Saints were better than their match vs. Titans, we had 2 blokes down with injury today. If Simona doesn't throw a silly pass after his break, if Brooks doesn't get tackled over the sideline, if Klien blows a penalty after Teddy wasn't allowed to play the ball after his break - then we win by plenty.

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 9:23 pm

Good win today ... You can only beat what's in front of you.
The team is getting better but a lot of work to be done before a serious finals contender.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 9:27 pm

I said it earlier in the week, I''ll be happy as long as we win, and we did, so I'm happy. You don't always win pretty, but any win gets us closer to the 8.

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 9:33 pm

Knuckles wrote:Good win today ... You can only beat what's in front of you.
The team is getting better but a lot of work to be done before a serious finals contender.
So true Knuckles.
I don't believe we will play finals footy this year, maybe not next year either without some new recruits. 2018 after this RF mess we may be able to bring in new first graders.

What I do know is that I never expected the Tigers to be on 20 points at this time. A big improvement on last few years.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 9:38 pm

We're not far away .... If we can keep this team together with some astute buying, you never know what might happen ...

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 9:38 pm

lathami wrote:
Sabre wrote:
shane2801 wrote:I'm not joking. I wasn't impressed at all. Yes we defended well but it was against a St George attack.
If we are to make the 8 we need to play a more controlled style of play. Halatau did play well when he was on and deserves to be there next week along with Farah on the bench. It will be interesting to see if it happens.
So we defended well, had players play well, but we were pus?
I agree with Shane, that was very ordinary second half! It was good while halatau was on but that rankin at hooker and Lovett in the centres??? Are u kidding me????
And u guys like that????
Defence was good, but against a very poor attacking side which was one if their worst performances this year! And u clowns are happy?
We were very clunky with that shuffle around, bad move by Taylor....
If we can't put liddle up, farah has to be hooker!
Can't believe the scarecrow was happy with that...
Wake up people, farah plays we win by 30!
You are talking about the second half, right? You realise we only had two on the bench and the positional changes were forced on the coach, right? I thought the second half showed a level of fight rarely seen before in this team but you still think it was poor. Oh, well.

EndlessPassion

Post by EndlessPassion » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 10:36 pm

lathami wrote:
Sabre wrote:
shane2801 wrote:I'm not joking. I wasn't impressed at all. Yes we defended well but it was against a St George attack.
If we are to make the 8 we need to play a more controlled style of play. Halatau did play well when he was on and deserves to be there next week along with Farah on the bench. It will be interesting to see if it happens.
So we defended well, had players play well, but we were pus?
I agree with Shane, that was very ordinary second half! It was good while halatau was on but that rankin at hooker and Lovett in the centres??? Are u kidding me????
And u guys like that????
Defence was good, but against a very poor attacking side which was one if their worst performances this year! And u clowns are happy?
We were very clunky with that shuffle around, bad move by Taylor....
If we can't put liddle up, farah has to be hooker!
Can't believe the scarecrow was happy with that...
Wake up people, farah plays we win by 30!
This exactly well done. Lovett in the centres and rankin hooker haha please.
Past two games with farah playing we have scored 30+ points against better opposition then today, farah not playing less than 30 again against a team that is only slightly better than the knights.

EndlessPassion

Post by EndlessPassion » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 10:42 pm

VonMiller58 wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
VonMiller58 wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote: Brooks probably will never score another try as soft as the one when he ran through a hole that a bus could have fitted through. Disgusting defence for a first grade team

Brooks I will concede was a soft try but Moses really was Brilliant at times today.
Yep he was good today but my point is that Saints have been crap for a couple of weeks now and would not beat any of the teams above us, it was our chance to run up a decent score differential . Instead we at times seemed not to know what was going on.
Only the most rabid Taylor fan would walk away from that game with any confidence of us being a top 8 team,

Im not a rabid Taylor fan however I am a rabid disliker of someone who pea heartedly white ants coach after coach after coach by talking behind their backs to all and sundry.I just want to see Wests Tigers and a coach who has the courage to back his convictions win and not some whining backstabber.Is that fair enough??
White ants coaches??? Please wait the papers and certain media guys say it so it must be true.
Wait farah also kept tedesco at the club and took a pay cut to keep players at our club. What a terrible whining backstabber.

VonMiller58

Post by VonMiller58 » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 11:51 pm

EndlessPassion wrote:
VonMiller58 wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
VonMiller58 wrote:

White ants coaches??? Please wait the papers and certain media guys say it so it must be true.
Wait farah also kept tedesco at the club and took a pay cut to keep players at our club. What a terrible whining backstabber.
Not media but from the horses mouth.Tim Sheens(Himself)Potter(himself,Tallis and even Wobbies own manager)JT(Wobbie's Endless public airing of dirty laundry on JT and club)

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 12:06 am

I'd have loved to have seen the hysteria if we'd lost today if this is how we react after a win.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 1:11 am

stevetiger wrote:We won. I'm stoked when we win.
I don't know if I got electrocuted at work tonight or not , but I agree with Steve

It doesn't have to look like the Mona Lisa every week , 2 points is 2 points in my books

stevied

Post by stevied » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 7:21 am

Yes, it's a great result, all things considered. What people forget sometimes is that an opposition team can dramatically improve or regress from one week to the next. The Tigers played strongly, particularly in defense, against a team that came to play and, actually lifted their form a cog.

lathami

Post by lathami » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 8:04 am

Look a win is a win, I am happy with that!
Aloiai played his best game and needed too as has been poor lately!
Moses was great today!
But,
Lovett in the centres was horrible, poor option from the scarecrow. If he was planning on rankin at hooker he should of played cheekam?!?
But again if you are happy with that performance with rankin at hooker then your easily pleased, and your hatred if farah out ways your intelligence!
Farah plays we win by alot more than we did!

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 8:17 am

VonMiller58 wrote:
EndlessPassion wrote:
VonMiller58 wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:

Not media but from the horses mouth.Tim Sheens(Himself)Potter(himself,Tallis and even Wobbies own manager)JT(Wobbie's Endless public airing of dirty laundry on JT and club)
I see your a big fan . You'll fit in fine with the anti Robbie Crew.