Some thoughts on today and the last week

supercoach
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 94 times

Some thoughts on today and the last week

Unread post by supercoach » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 10:59 pm

Well did the cohesion work today any better than the last month????

I say no

Deano was excellent today, but we needed Farah's experience and skill to come on and build on the foundation he and others laid. I have no idea why Edwards was made 17th man, we all thought he was going into dummy half, but in fact Rankin was given the gig when Deano was rested. That in itself I think was a smart call, Rankin has a football brain and is a x half, so it stands to reason he could make a good fist at dummy half, and without being brilliant,did a job. As for Edwards,he is a plodder and off the pace, He made a couple of good tackles, but for the most part, looked way off the pace. So why would you not pick Siro or even better MCK to play that role. Both can plug a hole in close or a little wider.

Our defence today was great, at one stage we defended close to six sets on our line...BUT the Dragons attack was horrible and I hate to think what Thurston and Morgan are going to do to our right side. Nova and Kevie, its Sydney or the bush, and today they got lucky a few times and smoked once. A clinical attack will have a picnic.

The bottom line we live to fight another week, but unless Taylor bites the bullet and includes Farah, at least as a benchie and finds a remedy for our right side defence our season will be over within a couple of weeks. We may beat Parra, but the rest are very long odds.

I am confused with Taylor and what he is trying to achieve, I really admire him for having the guts to drop a player of Farah's statue in order to change the team, but as Farah rightly said, cohesion is not the problem its defence. So you have to ask yourself why is our right side defence still got a job, or why has our defence coach still got a job. I am don't think it is personal with Taylor and Farah, I really think Taylor thinks it is road to go down. I am starting to think he is a Brian Smith clone.

Anyway a wins a win and what a week in Tigerland....cant wait for next week

upthetigers
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by upthetigers » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 11:05 pm

I reckon with Farah we would have won by 20 or more. JT clearly has no gameplan, it has become personal and it's negatively affected team selections. Lol at dropping Farah because of attacking cohesion, and we only beat one of the worst teams in the comp by 13.

We're not long odds against Penrith. They're also a young team and inconsistent. That will be a very close game, it's very winnable.

Regan

Unread post by Regan » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 11:12 pm

Farah there today would have been better but I am not the coach .....The coach picks the team that's his job and you must respect that even when you think its wrong and if the CEO thinks the coach is doing a bad job get rid of the coach

Return to “Round 20: Wests Tigers vs St George Illawarra Dragons”