The Evolution of Mitchell Moses

WestsSupporter

The Evolution of Mitchell Moses

Post by WestsSupporter » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 1:28 am

Last night we saw the evolution of a player about to take his game to the next level. It was a mature performance from a heart-filled player learning from the mistakes he makes.

There are still many shaky bridges to cross before he can be regarded as a gun, but boy, he is starting to show us all what we've been hoping would happen for years! The manner he conducted himself in, it appeared natural - no forced plays.

His best asset is his charisma. I love watching him fire up when things go his way. It reminds me of Aaron Smith, the All Black, yelling at his forwards to rev them up.

I'm hoping this is the first step on the pathway up for young Moses. Can't wait to see what unfolds for the rest of the year. Here's hoping for a solid finish for him!
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 7:48 am

Yep, WestsSupporter.
I was very impressed with him yesterday. He seemed to be everywhere. Really good energy. In defence I noticed him doing that thing that Ado Carr did, getting in between the attackers to stop the ball getting out to the edges. Liked his tackle on Benji to. Benji gave him a bit of lip afterwards.
In attack he has to confidence to make things happen.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 8:02 am

WestsSupporter wrote:Last night we saw the evolution of a player about to take his game to the next level. It was a mature performance from a heart-filled player learning from the mistakes he makes.

There are still many shaky bridges to cross before he can be regarded as a gun, but boy, he is starting to show us all what we've been hoping would happen for years! The manner he conducted himself in, it appeared natural - no forced plays.

His best asset is his charisma. I love watching him fire up when things go his way. It reminds me of Aaron Smith, the All Black, yelling at his forwards to rev them up.

I'm hoping this is the first step on the pathway up for young Moses. Can't wait to see what unfolds for the rest of the year. Here's hoping for a solid finish for him!
This is no evolution as Moses has always been an exceptional talent. He has all the skills and has exceptional pedigree. No doubt Tedesco is a fine player but I believe Moses will become our most valuable. A half with the vision to consistently put Kev on the outside of his opposing centre is a real talent.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 8:13 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:This is no evolution as Moses has always been an exceptional talent. He has all the skills and has exceptional pedigree. No doubt Tedesco is a fine player but I believe Moses will become our most valuable. A half with the vision to consistently put Kev on the outside of his opposing centre is a real talent.
Interesting comment. Tedesco is great but Moses really stood out yesterday. Kev runs some great lines though. That run and the pass for that first try were both special.

Moses though has some flaws. I've seen him play for penalties which is pretty much always dumb.

It'll be interesting how him and Brooks develop. They are both great talents. Brooks running of the footy is awesome and he also put his body on the line defensively.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 8:36 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
This is no evolution as Moses has always been an exceptional talent. He has all the skills and has exceptional pedigree. No doubt Tedesco is a fine player but I believe Moses will become our most valuable. A half with the vision to consistently put Kev on the outside of his opposing centre is a real talent.
Exceptional pedigree? He's not a bloody dog...

Kavi

Post by Kavi » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 10:09 am

moses has been getting better, on 9 the commentators were saying we were attacking arrogantly, i tend to agree but when our halves have confidence they can be great, just need to find the right balance