Could Farah be chosen to face the Eels ?

Knuckles

Could Farah be chosen to face the Eels ?

Post by Knuckles » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 6:59 am

To me, from what I witnessed yesterday, Farah needs to be picked ... Not least for a spot on the bench. Hopefully, common sense prevails .... Taylor and Pascoe in their comments did leave the door ajar ... Hoping to see his name read out on Tuesday and remain.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 7:09 am

I wasn't at Leichhardt. Was he passing from the ground? Because the highlights made him look like a halfback.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Milky

Post by Milky » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 7:30 am

If it's Moses/Brooks/Ted that want him out then stay out...if its the feud between Taylor and Farah then bring him badk he will be all fired up.

I read on Twiiter though that Moses supports the dropping and called Farah selfish but then again zero credibility.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 7:39 am

Robbie should be in the team. He is easily the best option we have. I think yesterday showed that we miss him.

The craziness of this from a team perspective is amazing. We had Rankin sharing the dummy half duties with Halatau and Lovett playing in the centres. Lovett butchered a sure try and was brushed easily defending in the centres. He simply isn't a centre and as a forward he is much better in the middle of the park.

Halatau and Rankin are also nowhere near as good as Robbie out of dummy half.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 8:58 am

Farah from the bench was working well.

I did see Brooks more involved yesterday though. Once noticeable thing was that in the past, Brooks is very quick to disappear when things don't go right for him. It was a different case yesterday. He kept coming back even though he started off slowly. He took the line on more as well.
And she's turning cold, at fifteen years old,
Taken too much slow, minds gone out to sea on the P&O,
Don't know what to do, rotten shade of blue,
Another case of "stupid is as stupid does..."

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 9:03 am

No way he'l be there.
The whole reasoning for the timing is that we would have to lay down to lose to The Dragons and Parra. The team looked good,although , for the early part and most of the second half we didn't) and Taylor says "see , we don't need Farah"!
It was no coincidence that these twowere the games that he chose to pull this.
Parra finally looked like they gave up this weekend and are unlikely to give much of a squeakeither
Last edited by goldcoast tiger on Mon 25 Jul, 2016 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 9:04 am

Milky wrote: I read on Twiiter though that Moses supports the dropping and called Farah selfish but then again zero credibility.
Those rumours are everywhere.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 9:20 am

Gary Bakerloo wrote:
Milky wrote: I read on Twiiter though that Moses supports the dropping and called Farah selfish but then again zero credibility.
Those rumours are everywhere.
And then just happens to come out the very next game and puts on the best performance of his career so far.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 9:22 am

If he played the style JT is looking for, i might have thought there was a chance. Him shooting his mouth after the game though has killed off any chance of that.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 9:25 am

defensively, farah doesn't add as much as halatau.

in attack, farah is miles ahead of halatau- simply coz he's done this a billion more times than dene. he'll get to dummy half quicker and give nice flat passes in front of the halves. that's what the coach wants and that's what robbie can do. it's up to the halves to call the ball, if no one calls for the ball, the hooker is going to make a decision and choose the best play.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 9:33 am

This is not possible. Blasting the club and coach and then getting picked on the team is 1000000/1 - worth putting a fiver on.

Kavi

Post by Kavi » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 10:06 am

wd in perth wrote:This is not possible. Blasting the club and coach and then getting picked on the team is 1000000/1 - worth putting a fiver on.
x2 wont happen, likely we will see cherry at hooker/bench spot

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 10:09 am

It'll be the same team as yesterday, albeit a few changes due to injuries. No way Robbie is in the 17.
I hope Cherrington gets a run this week. So unfortunate Ballin got injured. We could so use him right now.
Tigers tragic since 1980.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 10:15 am

After what he said last weekend and JT saying it will be dealt with in house at the presser, I'd say it's a fair chance he'll wear the #9 next week - in State Cup.
And she's turning cold, at fifteen years old,
Taken too much slow, minds gone out to sea on the P&O,
Don't know what to do, rotten shade of blue,
Another case of "stupid is as stupid does..."

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 10:29 am

After opening his mouth on Saturday and effectively dumping on the Coach and his players, it should be terminal in the NRL side for our Legend Hooker, Robbie Farah!..

Thanks for everything you have done on the field for the WT Robbie, it’s a shame your off field actions have been toxic to the club and now 3 Coaches….

Cherrington should now come into the NRL top 17 and share the hooking spot with Halatau.

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 10:49 am

Not a chance in hell that Robbie will play this week, and highly unlikely to ever play NRL for us again IMO. His petulant comments have put to rest any chance he had.

He wasn't best on ground in NSW Cup in any case. 3 try assists yes, which involved a 3-4m pass for a teammate to walk through and dive over the line untouched. Hardly breathtaking. Jordan Grant was our best.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 11:36 am

He's no chance now after his comments. And he thinks he's too smart for 'them'.
Dumb arse

Abraham

Post by Abraham » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 12:33 pm

If JT is right and Robbie is impeding the younger guys, then no he shouldn't come back.

However we at least need someone who can fill in for Halatau (besides Jordan Rankin) at hooker throughout the match. Edwards didn't add much to the side from what I noticed on the TV.

For the record, I thought Farah off the bench was a winning formula.