Could Farah be chosen to face the Eels ?

Eddie

Re: Could Farah be chosen to face the Eels ?

Post by Eddie » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 8:05 pm

Born tiger wrote:Look from being an outsider looking in Robbie was good at Leichhardt but if you consider parts of the reason he was dropped such as running a metre or 2 each play and not giving the halves early ball he did not have a good game especially if he was playing for a recall not to mention his post game comments.

I.
Like the guys yelled out in the grandstand

"stand still Robbie your not meant to be setting up tries"

Set up 3-4 tries and forced 2 goal line drop outs yet he was poor.

You got to laugh honestly.

Regan

Post by Regan » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 10:05 pm

What time does Robbie play reserve garde this week its on fox don't want to miss

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 10:09 pm

i wouldnt be surprised if the club fines and/or suspends him for the comments
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Born tiger

Post by Born tiger » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 10:27 pm

Eddie wrote:
Born tiger wrote:Look from being an outsider looking in Robbie was good at Leichhardt but if you consider parts of the reason he was dropped such as running a metre or 2 each play and not giving the halves early ball he did not have a good game especially if he was playing for a recall not to mention his post game comments.

I.

Point is he was given one instruction in the first grade team (pass off the ground) he didn't follow that instruction hence him being dropped to reserve grade.. The tries that he set up wouldn't have happened in first grade anyway.. (Tyler Cassel try and a few others where we just strolled through)

Kavi

Post by Kavi » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 10:37 pm

tig_prmz wrote:i wouldnt be surprised if the club fines and/or suspends him for the comments
i'd say he will be stood down this week

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 10:39 pm

Eddie wrote:
Balmain Boy wrote:Not a chance in hell that Robbie will play this week, and highly unlikely to ever play NRL for us again IMO. His petulant comments have put to rest any chance he had.

He wasn't best on ground in NSW Cup in any case. 3 try assists yes, which involved a 3-4m pass for a teammate to walk through and dive over the line untouched. Hardly breathtaking. Jordan Grant was our best.
Farah was really good. Last pass in 4 tries. 2 forced goal line drop outs. Thats a MOM performance for me.

Two of those passes your talking about were really suttle skill.

Where his eyes were looking long but he played short catching the defence on their heels.

You can fool the people that were not there but some were there and watched the game.
So he was playing the halfback/chief playmaker role again. At least 2 of the tries he orchestrated were from him running cross field from dummy half and picking up a runner.

When your half is running the show, that is called crowding them for space

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 10:43 pm

Kavi wrote:
tig_prmz wrote:i wouldnt be surprised if the club fines and/or suspends him for the comments
So will a number of others as we have the bye in nsw cup

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 10:46 pm

Born tiger wrote:
Eddie wrote:

I.

Point is he was given one instruction in the first grade team (pass off the ground) he didn't follow that instruction hence him being dropped to reserve grade.. The tries that he set up wouldn't have happened in first grade anyway.. (Tyler Cassel try and a few others where we just strolled through)
That is rubbish.

Watch his performances off the bench.

We played well and Farah "serviced the halves" and we scored 30 plus points.

What did he do in the Souths and Penrith games to warrant being dropped?

The reason he was dropped is Taylor wants to move the team on for the future and get him off the books.

Just say it straight don't talk about cohesion rubbish and last 7 games rubbish

Kavi

Post by Kavi » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 10:53 pm

Harvey wrote:
Kavi wrote:
So will a number of others as we have the bye in nsw cup
i didnt know that... surely some action will be taken against him, set a standard

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 10:55 pm

Eddie wrote:
Born tiger wrote:
Eddie wrote:

I.

That is rubbish.

The reason he was dropped is Taylor wants to move the team on for the future and get him off the books.

Great post. I don't understand why there has to be a Farah v Taylor theme on the forum.
Everybody understands WT are trying to punt Farah due to the size of his contract however, some are buying the style of play argument. Farah plays 3 of his best games this year off the bench and gets dropped playing the easy beat Dragons and Eels this week.

Farah is the best hooker in the squad and he has proven off the bench for 50 minutes he can be lethal.
I am sick and tired of these mind games Halatau/Rankin/ET @ hooker give me a break.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 10:57 pm

TYGA wrote:
Eddie wrote:
Born tiger wrote:
Eddie wrote:

That is rubbish.

Great post. I don't understand why there has to be a Farah v Taylor theme on the forum.
Everybody understands WT are trying to punt Farah due to the size of his contract however, some are buying the style of play argument. Farah plays 3 of his best games this year off the bench and gets dropped playing the easy beat Dragons and Eels this week.

Farah is the best hooker in the squad and he has proven off the bench for 50 minutes he can be lethal.
I am sick and tired of these mind games Halatau/Rankin/ET @ hooker give me a break.
Exactly.

Style of play is garbage.

And Taylors 7 games thing he went on about had more holes in it then swiss cheese.

After Farahs rebuttal on Sunday JT started to talk making the move for the future of the club.

Which was far more accurate and less cringe worthy.

However the planets are aligning for Taylor. Dragons were god awful, Parramatta are beat up and now Cowboys with no JT. It was the right time to pull this move off and own it ill give him that,

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 11:08 pm

Eddie wrote:
Born tiger wrote:
Eddie wrote:

I.

That is rubbish.

Can I just add / ask Eddie you to tell me one coach / administrator that has come out publicly and admitted they are trying to move a player on, regardless of the reasons.

Everyone talks about the well respected coaches doing it and I'll throw another in the mix Gus Gould at Penrith. I watched as read with intent of every article and comment about Soward, Jamal even ET and not once did Gus say anything other than, "no they are contracted for this year and next" or whatever "and there is no reason why that would be any different".
Now a blind Freddie fittler could tell you that is bull and he wants to move him on to free up cash.
Gus is one of the most ruthless operators in the game when he says it's time, the player goes. Same with Bennett, rumours that Hodgo and Parker got the tap.
Kimmorley just said on foxsports that Stuart gave him the tap.
Luke lewis was asked to consider his options moving forward kicked up a stink but did as required for himself and the club he LOVES.
But no one questions it.
Why the hell should we as mere pawns in the game be entitled to be told any different.
It should stay in house with the player and the administration. They don't need to talk about it publically. The media can say what they like all I care about is the final outcome, we don't need to be privy to anything otherwise.
Last edited by Needaname on Mon 25 Jul, 2016 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 11:09 pm

Born tiger wrote:
Eddie wrote:

I.

I dunno, Brooksies try was against reserve grade standard defence, and Saints first try was against not much better defence. We looked like we had a missing player in the backline.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 11:12 pm

Needaname wrote:
Eddie wrote:
Born tiger wrote:
Eddie wrote:

That is rubbish.

Can I just add / ask Eddie you to tell me one coach / administrator that has come out publicly and admitted they are trying to move a player on, regardless of the reasons.

Everyone talks about the well respected coaches doing it and I'll throw another in the mix Gus Gould at Penrith. I watched as read with intent of every article and comment about Soward, Jamal even ET and not once did Gus say anything other than, "no they are contracted for this year and next" or whatever "and there is no reason why that would be any different".
Now a blind Freddie fittler could tell you that is bull and he wants to move him on to free up cash.
Gus is one of the most ruthless operators in the game when he says it's time, the player goes. Same with Bennett, rumours that Hodgo and Parker got the tap.
Kimmorley just said on foxsports that Stuart got the tap.
Luke lewis was asked to consider his options moving forward kicked up a stink but did as required for himself and the club he LOVES.
But no one questions it.
Why the hell should we as mere pawns in the game be entitled to be told any different.
It should stay in house with the player and the administration. They don't need to talk about it publically. The media can say what they like all I care about is the final outcome, we don't need to be privy to anything otherwise.
Fair point. I should be less critical of Taylor in that regard. He probably can't say what he wants to and has to dress it up.

I suppose i am more talking about the fans the waffle on about style of play and why Robbie deserved to be dropped.

Fans that buy the some of the hogwash coming out of Taylors mouth in my opinion.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 11:12 pm

Harvey wrote:
Eddie wrote:
Balmain Boy wrote:Not a chance in hell that Robbie will play this week, and highly unlikely to ever play NRL for us again IMO. His petulant comments have put to rest any chance he had.

He wasn't best on ground in NSW Cup in any case. 3 try assists yes, which involved a 3-4m pass for a teammate to walk through and dive over the line untouched. Hardly breathtaking. Jordan Grant was our best.
Farah was really good. Last pass in 4 tries. 2 forced goal line drop outs. Thats a MOM performance for me.

Two of those passes your talking about were really suttle skill.

Where his eyes were looking long but he played short catching the defence on their heels.

You can fool the people that were not there but some were there and watched the game.
So he was playing the halfback/chief playmaker role again. At least 2 of the tries he orchestrated were from him running cross field from dummy half and picking up a runner.

When your half is running the show, that is called crowding them for space
He got MOM from the broadcaster commentators.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 11:17 pm

Needaname wrote:
Eddie wrote:
Born tiger wrote:
Eddie wrote:

That is rubbish.

But no one questions it.
The old" he did it for the "LOVE of the Club" did he?
Talk about nieve! This is professional sport
He did it as for own reasons

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 11:23 pm

Eddie wrote:
Needaname wrote:
Eddie wrote:
Born tiger wrote:
That is rubbish.

Kimmorley just said on foxsports that Stuart got the tap.
But no one questions it.
Fair point. I should be less critical of Taylor in that regard. He probably can't say what he wants to and has to dress it up.

I suppose i am more talking about the fans the waffle on about style of play and why Robbie deserved to be dropped.

Fans that buy the some of the hogwash coming out of Taylors mouth in my opinion.
I don't think there's too many fans that buy his reasons. We can all see Halatal should of retired a year ago.
The dummy half that should be playing is Liddle but the option is not possible. Do you bring back Farah even if he overplays the young halves just because your short hooker depth? Cherrington is not fit. We need to yes but the guys don't need to play with him.
The reasons are a cover up but the outcome is the same.
Actually if you watch the press conference after the Dragons game it is mentioned more than once by Taylor that "this a decision that is tough, difficult to understand, but I am comfortable with as I know it will serve us well in 2 to 3 years time". Obviously not the direct quote but along those lines.

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 11:28 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Needaname wrote:
Eddie wrote:
Born tiger wrote:
That is rubbish.

But no one questions it.
It should stay in house with the player and ttheadministration. They don't need to talk about it publically. The media can say what they like all I care about is the final outcome, we don't need to be privy to anything otherwise.
The old" he did it for the "LOVE of the Club" did he?
Talk about nieve! This is professional sport
He did it as for own reasons
FYI, the club he loved at the time, who knows he may still have a soft spot for Penrith. He was a local premiership winning player that was honored to be captain of the club he loved. I thought he took it quite well. He had to move his family to the other side of Sydney. But even he admitted it on fox sports nrl tonight that he could of handled it much better.