Eels side

•  Recent Topics
goldcoast tiger

Re: Eels side

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 26 Jul, 2016 11:24 pm

Geo. wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Love the WestsTigers wrote:
gallagher wrote: Each week, with every scandal I've been expecting them to turn up their heels but each week they keep turning up.
Gonna be tough

I agree mate, lot of credit to the players
They could have been on the floor like skittles, they still turn up each week..
Parra will finally pack it in . That last loss put the nail in the coffin
Nothing to play for now.
Good to see the excuses for a Wests Tigers victory coming out early..
Give it a bone, I've already said before that the test will come after this week. Anyone who expect them to win didn't see them after the game last week .

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 26 Jul, 2016 11:29 pm

Still a handy forward pack , we still need to win the middle to win the game

Again don't expect a cake walk

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Tue 26 Jul, 2016 11:34 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Love the WestsTigers wrote:

I agree mate, lot of credit to the players
They could have been on the floor like skittles, they still turn up each week..
Parra will finally pack it in . That last loss put the nail in the coffin
Nothing to play for now.
Give it a bone, I've already said before that the test will come after this week. Anyone who expect them to win didn't see them after the game last week .
Right so the excuses had actually started even earlier...Parra have played with heart all season and I don't think anything will change now.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 27 Jul, 2016 12:06 am

Nelson wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote: Parra will finally pack it in . That last loss put the nail in the coffin
Nothing to play for now.
Right so the excuses had actually started even earlier...Parra have played with heart all season and I don't think anything will change now.
Ok have it your way. We are going to be swamped by a ferocious parra pack that will be playing out of their skins and will scare the living Daylights out of our forwards and run all over our backs.well be lucky if we are within 20 points or Parra.
does that suit you better Nelson????

These two games were carefully picked for Taylors little games because the chances of a big loss is and was almost non existent

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Thu 28 Jul, 2016 9:47 am

Ma'u suspended for Wests Tigers clash

Wed 27 Jul, 2016, 7:09pm
NRL.com

Eels forward Manu Ma'u will miss his side's Round 21 clash with the Wests Tigers after he was found guilty of a grade one dangerous throw charge at the NRL judiciary on Wednesday night.

Ma'u was cited for an incident involving Titans playmaker Ash Taylor in Gold Coast's win over Parramatta in Round 20, with two prior non-similar offences in the past two years not helping his cause.

Generally a back-rower, Ma'u had again been named in the centres on Tuesday to cover injuries to Parramatta's backline, with his replacement to be confirmed an hour before kick-off on Saturday night.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Thu 28 Jul, 2016 11:59 am

They are a completely different side to what we played earlier this season. We still have to turn up and play well though.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 28 Jul, 2016 12:03 pm

Newtown wrote:Ma'u suspended for Wests Tigers clash

NRL.com

Eels forward Manu Ma'u will miss his side's Round 21 clash with the Wests Tigers after he was found guilty of a grade one dangerous throw charge at the NRL judiciary on Wednesday night.

Ma'u was cited for an incident involving Titans playmaker Ash Taylor in Gold Coast's win over Parramatta in Round 20, with two prior non-similar offences in the past two years not helping his cause.

Generally a back-rower, Ma'u had again been named in the centres on Tuesday to cover injuries to Parramatta's backline, with his replacement to be confirmed an hour before kick-off on Saturday night.
Thats a help, Id love him here...hes come a long way in a short time...playing well

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Fri 29 Jul, 2016 1:45 pm

Danger game. Could be the beginning of the end for our season if we don't turn up.

Where's Jennings? I was having nightmares about him carving up our right side.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Fri 29 Jul, 2016 1:49 pm

Pretty poor side with every one of their big names out.
If we don't beat them it will say more about us than them.

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Fri 29 Jul, 2016 2:06 pm

John Folau comes in for Mau, pretty happy with that, his defence is terrible. moses and kev should have a field day on him

Kavi

Post by Kavi » Fri 29 Jul, 2016 4:01 pm

folau should have a field day on kev

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Fri 29 Jul, 2016 4:08 pm

I forgot all about that guy. Was he signed just to entice his brother to go there?

jctiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jctiger » Fri 29 Jul, 2016 5:21 pm

fergiefurr wrote:John Folau comes in for Mau, pretty happy with that, his defence is terrible. moses and kev should have a field day on him
Its also just his second game back after a 6 week lay off with a broken hand, so we should be sending a lot of action his way.

willow

Post by willow » Sat 30 Jul, 2016 10:14 am

Kavi wrote:folau should have a field day on kev
He's not the quickest guy out there, I suspect Kev's footwork might have him scrambling a bit.

Milky

Post by Milky » Sat 30 Jul, 2016 11:13 am

gallagher wrote:I forgot all about that guy. Was he signed just to entice his brother to go there?
Nah mate originally an Eel. Was used as bait to sign his brother though.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sat 30 Jul, 2016 11:27 am

willow wrote:
He's not the quickest guy out there, I suspect Kev's footwork might have him scrambling a bit.
I think we will see a real contest there tonight
Im tipping Kevvy to come out easy victor

VonMiller58

Post by VonMiller58 » Sat 30 Jul, 2016 11:32 am

innsaneink wrote:
Newtown wrote:Ma'u suspended for Wests Tigers clash

NRL.com

Thats a help, Id love him here...hes come a long way in a short time...playing well

Agreed.He is a damaging edge runner who has a great work rate and brings 80 minutes of mongrel.The fact that he is of Samoan heritage as is a lot of our younger players in the team would also work wonders for the team aswell.Off contract in 2018 and is one I would have my eyes closely on.

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Sat 30 Jul, 2016 12:19 pm

willow wrote:
hes big and strong but terrible laterally, 10m out he will be hard to stop but he shouldnt be getting quality balls from their halves. their entire left side is s*** so our right should do a number on them with any luck.