King Moses

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 32714
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Re: King Moses

Post by willow » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 8:49 am

The name calling and belittling of players/coaches in this thread ends now. VonMiller, if you keep up your current attitude you may as well go and find another forum, because your time on this one is currently limited.

Stick to the topic or the thread closes.


User avatar
Doc Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2241
Joined: Sun 30 Mar, 2014 9:53 pm

Post by Doc Tiger » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 9:56 am

palms wrote:The future of NSW is looking good...Cleary and Moses in the halves for years to come with Teddy at the back!
I was thinking this after last weeks game against the dragons. It's gonna be a bit of a wait though. Would be interesting to try to make a team of the future with todays young stars.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21843
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 10:30 am

The thought of Brooks being out doesn't concern me at all because Moses would relish being the go to guy. We could be getting a snap shot for 2018 next week. He's not quite the priority Tedesco is yet, but if he keeps his form up he will be.

Telltails
Member
Member
Posts: 2567
Joined: Fri 18 Apr, 2014 3:24 pm

Post by Telltails » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 10:53 am

Hope this finally satisfies all those who were questioning the "hype" around our halves.
Not worth their asking price etc - we'll see.

stevetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5111
Joined: Mon 25 Feb, 2013 7:59 am

Post by stevetiger » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 11:21 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:The thought of Brooks being out doesn't concern me at all because Moses would relish being the go to guy. We could be getting a snap shot for 2018 next week. He's not quite the priority Tedesco is yet, but if he keeps his form up he will be.
I was thinking this as well. If he keeps playing like he has been he becomes another key signing.


VonMiller58
Member
Member
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun 24 Jul, 2016 2:55 pm

Post by VonMiller58 » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 4:18 pm

willow wrote:The name calling and belittling of players/coaches in this thread ends now. VonMiller, if you keep up your current attitude you may as well go and find another forum, because your time on this one is currently limited.

Stick to the topic or the thread closes.

Ony just read your post now Willow.Interesting that you say belittling of coaches/players in this thread ends now but I call Robbie ,Wobbbie and I am threatened with deleted account but you feel it is fine for many posters to call our coach scarecrow,patsy face etc etc.Is it any surprise people think Robbie is too big for his own boots when a forum administrator seemingly has double standards towards coach or player???

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28469
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 4:25 pm

Mitch is running a lot more too, taking the line on... I like that, probing and asking questions of the defence.... and credit must go to our forwards... And dare I say dummy halves... For this

Muffstar
Member
Member
Posts: 2301
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: Port Macquarie

Post by Muffstar » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 5:18 pm

If we can only keep one of the halves, imo it has to be Moses. He has shown much more than
Brooks this year and is getting better each week.

upthetigers
Member
Member
Posts: 892
Joined: Sun 24 Jul, 2016 10:41 pm

Post by upthetigers » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 5:29 pm

Muffstar wrote:If we can only keep one of the halves, imo it has to be Moses. He has shown much more than
Brooks this year and is getting better each week.
100% and he has more mongrel in him which we are badly lacking.

Magpie Magic
Member
Member
Posts: 1063
Joined: Mon 05 Apr, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by Magpie Magic » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 5:34 pm

2 good games back to back a super effort.
The real test will come against the likes of Thurston and Morgan and similar company.
Personally i thought our last 2 wins while great for they keep us alive were 2 of our poorer wins.
Needed to put 40 on both because now our for and against means we can only afford 1 loss.
Parra and Saints were woeful.

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 6032
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 5:35 pm

upthetigers wrote:
VonMiller58 wrote:
upthetigers wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:There's no denying he has stood up the last 2 games, which was the purpose of Farah's dropping.
He has. But the overall performances haven't been better though. So it's not really achieving anything.

Once Wobbie's $950,000 can be spent elsewhere you watch our improvement then.
So a contract means nothing does it?
Vonnie has an unhealthy relationship with realit

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21843
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 5:41 pm

In 2018 there will be 950. Probably what he's referring to.

Chevy
Member
Member
Posts: 477
Joined: Fri 04 Apr, 2014 8:05 pm

Post by Chevy » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 5:42 pm

The kid has improved as has his confidence probably due to his increase in weight,now he is willing to run the ball while early in his fg career he would only run if no one was in front of him.

Muffstar
Member
Member
Posts: 2301
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: Port Macquarie

Post by Muffstar » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 5:58 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:There's no denying he has stood up the last 2 games, which was the purpose of Farah's dropping.
Personally I think Moses has been getting better all year. He has grown as a footballer and I am not sure whether I could totally agree with you it is fully attributable to Farah being dropped. You look at Brooks he has been pretty average this year and does not seem to be reaching the heights of what people expected from him.

Telltails
Member
Member
Posts: 2567
Joined: Fri 18 Apr, 2014 3:24 pm

Post by Telltails » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 7:44 pm

They are both quality players. Brooks couldn't run last night for pretty much most of the time he was on even so his defence was as good as I have seen it.

Muffstar
Member
Member
Posts: 2301
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: Port Macquarie

Post by Muffstar » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 8:14 pm

southerntiger wrote:
cqtiger wrote:
Yossarian wrote:I remember not so long ago people wanted him punted and that he was only in the side because of his uncle.
Deserved criticism it was, too.

I'm glad that he is finally starting to find consistency.
No it wasn't. Inconsistency is natural for rookies. Tedesco went through a similar tough first 12 months and the same people that wanted Moses gone also wanted Teddy gone. Playing first grade is tough, its even harder to do it week in week out in a critical position like 5/8th.

The idiots criticising Moses were just that ... idiots who have no idea about rugby league.
Tedesco only played 30 minutes of his first year and very limited games over the next 2 years. It is only 2015 and 2016 where he has gained confidence and playing well. Likewise for Moses he showed he has ability but it has taken time.

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 32714
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 8:17 pm

VonMiller58 wrote:
willow wrote:The name calling and belittling of players/coaches in this thread ends now. VonMiller, if you keep up your current attitude you may as well go and find another forum, because your time on this one is currently limited.

Stick to the topic or the thread closes.

Ony just read your post now Willow.Interesting that you say belittling of coaches/players in this thread ends now but I call Robbie ,Wobbbie and I am threatened with deleted account but you feel it is fine for many posters to call our coach scarecrow,patsy face etc etc.Is it any surprise people think Robbie is too big for his own boots when a forum administrator seemingly has double standards towards coach or player???
The same also applies to everyone else. The name calling of Taylor and Farah ends here.

VonMiller58
Member
Member
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun 24 Jul, 2016 2:55 pm

Post by VonMiller58 » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 8:25 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:In 2018 there will be 950. Probably what he's referring to.

In 2018 yes or earlier if Robbie is sacked.

Post Reply