That was painful!!!!!

vlad

Re: That was painful!!!!!

Post by vlad » Sat 30 Jul, 2016 10:31 pm

matchball wrote:We were full of errors and still kept them to a single try.
Hard to please some folks.
absolutely .
That's the kind of game we couldn't win in recent years going in as favourites .

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sat 30 Jul, 2016 10:33 pm

GCT is like a rabid dog with a bone when it comes to protecting Farah, but his contribution is otherwise good.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 30 Jul, 2016 10:33 pm

Nelson wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
avocadoontoast wrote:
Exactly.
gold coast tiger beat you all too it...
What did I do
I didn't even watch the game
Listened to Part of radio call
He's talking about the other day when you were bagging the Parra team and he said something like you were "getting in early" in talking down a victory.
I just stated the obvious that they had nothing to play for as they were dead and buried after another loss. But from what I heard they were still in it until late in the second half.

Mashies

Post by Mashies » Sat 30 Jul, 2016 10:34 pm

maxxy86 wrote:Well I think the scarecrow has a dillema on his hands.....that being of reinstating Farah to this team.
Parts of the second half was abysmal when Halatua was off....but I tell ya what it didn't get much better when he come back on. :brick: :brick: :brick: look if we don't bring back some experience somebody that plays rationally we will get pounded by the cowboys next Sunday.
Any one who found that painful forgets how we were travelling 3 months ago. Some people are never happy... Guess you have to have people who whinge about everything to appreciate those who don't...

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 30 Jul, 2016 10:40 pm

Mashies wrote:
maxxy86 wrote:Well I think the scarecrow has a dillema on his hands.....that being of reinstating Farah to this team.
Parts of the second half was abysmal when Halatua was off....but I tell ya what it didn't get much better when he come back on. :brick: :brick: :brick: look if we don't bring back some experience somebody that plays rationally we will get pounded by the cowboys next Sunday.
Any one who found that painful forgets how we were travelling 3 months ago. Some people are never happy... Guess you have to have people who whinge about everything to appreciate those who don't...
One thing said in the call I listened to was that both teams ( I think he was referring to the second half) were lacking direction when they were in their opponents 20

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Sat 30 Jul, 2016 10:45 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Nelson wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
gold coast tiger beat you all too it...
What did I do
I didn't even watch the game
Listened to Part of radio call
He's talking about the other day when you were bagging the Parra team and he said something like you were "getting in early" in talking down a victory.
I just stated the obvious that they had nothing to play for as they were dead and buried after another loss. But from what I heard they were still in it until late in the second half.
Yeah I know. They're not the sort of team that will lay down though. The team on the park has a good mentality notwithstanding all the negative stuff that's been happening to their club, they're not quitters.

WestsSupporter

Post by WestsSupporter » Sat 30 Jul, 2016 10:47 pm

Mashies wrote:
I agree so much. People on this thread are so greedy. We are playing well, what more do you want? Did you forget how garbage we were not long ago?
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.

coopy

Post by coopy » Sat 30 Jul, 2016 11:06 pm

WestsSupporter wrote:
Mashies wrote:
I agree so much. People on this thread are so greedy. We are playing well, what more do you want? Did you forget how
garbage we were not long ago?
I don't know. Parra severely down on troops (only 1 of their top ten contracted players on the field tonight). We were well up in the first half and couldn't put them to the sword. Brooks was a loss but I am not sure he was the reason either.

Defence was better but the try we let in the second half was a repeat of about 20 we've let in this year down that side and the goal kicking is still a problem -it will cost us a major game very soon.

Am I happy with the win? - yes absolutely.
Am I happy with the way we won? - not so much

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sat 30 Jul, 2016 11:22 pm

Parra had 9 of their top 10 earners off the field.

Now thats an injury crisis.

at least we won. In the past we would have lost a game like this.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 30 Jul, 2016 11:29 pm

It wasn't the prettiest win but we were never going to lose. We've really improved holding our nerve when we have a lead this yr. Next week will be a good test.

upthetigers

Post by upthetigers » Sat 30 Jul, 2016 11:44 pm

Love the WestsTigers wrote:
Ed Reschs wrote:
Love the WestsTigers wrote:
Ed Reschs wrote: Fark me yes let's get Farah back in there so he can dummy to Moses and go himself. We are witnessing the emergence of a future superstar and we want to bring back the self indulgent handbrake.

I think the rules are no disguised swearing

Never the less you have your opinion

Farah is a human being, if the coach tells him to play a style im sure he can do that..

I thinking people are missing the excuse Jason Taylor has used to demote Robbie
He said Robbie doesnt fit teams playing structure and plan

I just cant believe Taylor cant give Robbie certain instructions to change that
And if then he doesnt listen come out and publicly tell everyone he got demoted for not listening and following instructions
Umm big fella robbie was told the game plan last season and as he does he decides wether or not to follow it. Hence the crap we are going through now. In addition hence the rubbish we are going through with state of origin. See those big trees? It's the forest

SOO ? Are you flamin serious
Are you implying we lost SOO because of Robbie ?

I will stop now. There wont be any sense in this convo
Are you not on FB? You should see the number of muppets that think Ennis was the difference between winning and losing the series lol.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 5:34 am

Ed Reschs wrote:
stevetiger wrote:Robbie should be one of the first picked. JT is screwing himself over.
Fark me yes let's get Farah back in there so he can dummy to Moses and go himself. We are witnessing the emergence of a future superstar and we want to bring back the self indulgent handbrake.
Good one. I had to laugh. So busy crying over the 'legend' can't see what's happening through the tears.
"Quality Stupidity"

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 6:05 am

Gary Belcher said it during the call that we aren't a ruthless enough team at times. That's the nail on the head for mine. At 12-2 we really should have stuck the dagger in and been up probably by 20 at half time.
Look maybe I'm over critical of the second half but it is what it is with the team that this guy picks. IMO if Farah is fit for next week he must be selected, we need as much experience out on the park to be able to beat the cows.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 6:15 am

Don't know about painful, a little frustrating going for goal when we had them on the ropes.

Big no to Robbie, Littlejohn or Hunt at halfback if Brooks is out and they may end up wanting to give his knee a rest anyway.

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 6:51 am

Tigerdave wrote:Don't know about painful, a little frustrating going for goal when we had them on the ropes.
I was fine with taking the points at the times we did, there is nothing wrong with scoring points.

Yes, Parramatta have a lot of players out and are struggling, but they still had a reasonable forward pack and defend well. Despite having nothing to play for this season other than pride, they were never just going to roll over and let us rack up 40+ points.

For teams with little to play for, you need to win the games and take their interest away. That means doing the hard yards and taking points when on offer. It's always a slow burn and you look to cash in with some cheap tries in the final 10 minutes. That looked to be our approach, but losing Brooks saw us lose that creativity that would have helped us get some cheap tries towards the end.

Still, 15 point margin is not bad. Titans, everyone's Cinderella story, beat Parra by 20 the other week and scored a converted try on the bell.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 7:45 am

Hahaha...

So "wobbie" is anti Farah/pro taylor
But "scarecrow" is a valid point... To prove this you provide speculation.
Can't you see the hypocrisy here?

We won ugly, they gained momentum just before half time, we lost a half back.... We weathered the storm in the second forty.. But yes it's always that crap opposition... The same opposition all the other teams play.

We get them without key players?
A bit of luck our way... Injuries are always part of the game.... But keep putting conditions on our wins.

Its almost like an element here can't wait until we lose... I can predict a flood of justification posts when we do lose eventually
Last edited by innsaneink on Sun 31 Jul, 2016 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

LCA

Post by LCA » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 7:49 am

Well, you've got your speculation and I've got mine. The squad is better with Farah IN it. That's my point and it's not yours. Time will tell. But, at what cost if I'm right and you're wrong? Because if you're right, there's precious little to get excited about on the team performance of the last two weeks.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 7:52 am

How will you know if your right?
You can prove a point by using "ifs"

That's OK... You stay dull and unexcited when the rest of us enjoy our fight for the top 8