That was painful!!!!!

Love the WestsTigers

Re: That was painful!!!!!

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sat 30 Jul, 2016 8:13 pm

underdog wrote:
Love the WestsTigers wrote:
Tigerdon wrote:If Brooks is out next week. I would pick Farah, however I don't think Talyor will.
The Cowboys will be a tough ask. With or without Thurston.
Taylors pride and Ego wont let Robbie play despite being the better option for the team..
Explain to me how it the better option for the team again?

Let it go Farah lovers - the ship has sailed. His injured heartlidge to avoid playing in State cup again this week just typifies the crap he's become.

It's now something like 7 from 9 without Farah playing now as well...

With everyone injured, play Liddle next week - we'd get an exemption, surely.
Well if Liddle comes in then i can live with it
But if its another case of shuffling players out of position and weakening other areas then its a hard pill to swallow

Like Lovett to center.
And i rather not see ET waste his talent in dummy half.

Replace a hooker with a hooker otherwise dont bother i say

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Sat 30 Jul, 2016 8:16 pm

We were kept in the game from some dubious calls at best. The refereeing tonight was diabolical and that's being kind.
Yes I know we lost our half but how did he compensate by moving Lawrence to 6 when he has at his disposal a winger who is a former half. Who become a passing machine in a stint which offered didly squat.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 30 Jul, 2016 8:17 pm

underdog wrote:
Love the WestsTigers wrote:
Tigerdon wrote:If Brooks is out next week. I would pick Farah, however I don't think Talyor will.
The Cowboys will be a tough ask. With or without Thurston.
Taylors pride and Ego wont let Robbie play despite being the better option for the team..
Explain to me how it the better option for the team again?

Let it go Farah lovers - the ship has sailed. His injured heartlidge to avoid playing in State cup again this week just typifies the crap he's become.

It's now something like 7 from 9 without Farah playing now as well...

With everyone injured, play Liddle next week - we'd get an exemption, surely.
I would still play Robbie without a doubt but if we keep winning I honestly don't care. I think though at some point this is going to come back and bite us.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 30 Jul, 2016 8:19 pm

The Farah lovers are right. Parra's squad has been decimated and if we lost tonight it would have been very disappointing.

Yet, those are the games in the past (and I mean the last 15 years) that we have lost, including with Farah in the squad.

Tonight we showed we could play to a structure and have some steel in our defence. Was it an accurate test? Probably not but it was still a tough, mature performance. We got the rub of the green from the refs. We have been getting a few calls go our way lately which is a testament to JT's aim over the last 2 years to cease the running battles with the officials.

One of the best things about tonight was that our forwards didnt get over the top of Parra but we still found ways to go through them.

Im happy with that performance. This is how streaks begin. Fingers crossed for next week.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Sat 30 Jul, 2016 8:23 pm

The best thing about these wins is that the team will start to understand there is life without 'the legend'. They now know he is no longer needed to win games. They might miss him but time to move on.
"Quality Stupidity"

Regan

Post by Regan » Sat 30 Jul, 2016 8:24 pm

Poor Parra they cheated to get the team they had and now people feel sorry for them .....

They did get some dud calls but so have the Tigers this year

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 30 Jul, 2016 8:24 pm

NT Tiger wrote:The best thing about these wins is that the team will start to understand there is life without 'the legend'. They now know he is no longer needed to win games. They might miss him but time to move on.
There was something real workmanlike about tonights performance. The boys realised the flash wasn't working and played the percentages. I really liked the way they shut Parra out in the 2nd half.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 30 Jul, 2016 8:27 pm

southerntiger wrote:The Farah lovers are right. Parra's squad has been decimated and if we lost tonight it would have been very disappointing.

Yet, those are the games in the past (and I mean the last 15 years) that we have lost, including with Farah in the squad.

Tonight we showed we could play to a structure and have some steel in our defence. Was it an accurate test? Probably not but it was still a tough, mature performance. We got the rub of the green from the refs. We have been getting a few calls go our way lately which is a testament to JT's aim over the last 2 years to cease the running battles with the officials.

One of the best things about tonight was that our forwards didnt get over the top of Parra but we still found ways to go through them.

Im happy with that performance. This is how streaks begin. Fingers crossed for next week.
I completely agree...good post...

Leave the kicking the dirt brigade cause we won to there misery...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sat 30 Jul, 2016 8:29 pm

southerntiger wrote:The Farah lovers are right. Parra's squad has been decimated and if we lost tonight it would have been very disappointing.

I agree, refs helped us out today (a lot) .. But at the end we were still did enough good work to deserve the win.
I also agree i support the idea of Farah being in the team with the experience he brings
He is always a threat out of dummy half, when in form his kicks from there set up tries and Kevvy has been the beneficiary of a few of these.

If the team can still get the job done each week without him then im not fussed.
At the end of the day i support the team and whats best for it in delivering us the wins

I dont label anyone as a Farah hater and i dont appreciate it when people chime in and call some others Farah lovers.

The forum will always stand divided on RF.

Kavi

Post by Kavi » Sat 30 Jul, 2016 8:37 pm

NT Tiger wrote:
cqtiger wrote:
Milky wrote:We need a hooker that is for sure. After Moses has taken control of these games i think it's best to keep Farah out.

Dene at Hooker with Littlejohn coming off the bench at the 20 min mark.
X2 Milky
X3 Moses obviously hitting his straps. Well done.
x4 although we might need to have Littlejohn at halfback if brooks is out

VonMiller58

Post by VonMiller58 » Sat 30 Jul, 2016 8:46 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:
VonMiller58 wrote:
maxxy86 wrote:Well I think the scarecrow has a dillema on his hands.....that being of reinstating Farah to this team.
Parts of the second half was abysmal when Halatua was off....but I tell ya what it didn't get much better when he come back on. :brick: :brick: :brick: look if we don't bring back some experience somebody that plays rationally we will get pounded by the cowboys next Sunday.

Missing our halfback in the second half was always going to hurt.We won, you and your wobbie rent a crowd lost.My deepest commiserations.Cant you enjoy a win instead of your endless hatred for a coach who has copped heaps of unnecessary crap and keeps moving forward.
We won against a clapped out Parra side lol

They have been clapped out for a long while but keep having close games with good sides.At Penrith at Cronulla the last few weeks to name a few.They have been very brave.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sat 30 Jul, 2016 8:46 pm

Maybe if he played for reserves today he may have played his way back in. Such bad timing to get injured.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sat 30 Jul, 2016 8:49 pm

gallagher wrote:Maybe if he played for reserves today he may have played his way back in. Such bad timing to get injured.
What for? Rankin will slot straight into halfback
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Sat 30 Jul, 2016 8:55 pm

I hope that Rankin goes better at half then he did tonight.

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Sat 30 Jul, 2016 9:00 pm

I didn't find it painful .... A win is never painful for this long serving fan.
Parra had a dig tonight .... Credit to them.

tigerman80

Post by tigerman80 » Sat 30 Jul, 2016 9:10 pm

Im one of those supporters who believes Farah was hard done by being dropped, but that ship has sailed and most likely he will not play again. So lets move onto bigger issues. Congrats to fhe boys on a great win, but the test starts now. All i want is to keep winning. But will what we are doing now help us win next week. Firstly Halatau goes great guns for 1 half of football, very very impressive. But yes there are 2 halves of football. Mr Taylor you have 2 worthy hookers in Liddle and Cherrington. If Cherrington is healthy please play him, if he is injured and so is Farah then the NRL will grant you dispensation to play Liddle. Even littlejohn would go alright. Any of those 3 could have slotted into halfback tonight and Halatau goes to hooker again. The rest of the draw sees us playing teams above us, and this tactic wont cut it against them. Moving Rankin there and Lovett to the centres is insane. Rankin at best is a half playing on the wing, surely JAC can offer us more and help us get to semis this year.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 30 Jul, 2016 9:13 pm

tigerman80 wrote:

Im one of those supporters who believes Farah was hard done by being dropped, but that ship has sailed and most likely he will not play again. So lets move onto bigger issues. Congrats to fhe boys on a great win, but the test starts now. All i want is to keep winning. But will what we are doing now help us win next week. Firstly Halatau goes great guns for 1 half of football, very very impressive. But yes there are 2 halves of football. Mr Taylor you have 2 worthy hookers in Liddle and Cherrington. If Cherrington is healthy please play him, if he is injured and so is Farah then the NRL will grant you dispensation to play Liddle. Even littlejohn would go alright. Any of those 3 could have slotted into halfback tonight and Halatau goes to hooker again. The rest of the draw sees us playing teams above us, and this tactic wont cut it against them. Moving Rankin there and Lovett to the centres is insane. Rankin at best is a half playing on the wing, surely JAC can offer us more and help us get to semis this year.
Good post mate.

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Sat 30 Jul, 2016 9:18 pm

maxxy86 wrote:Well I think the scarecrow has a dillema on his hands.....that being of reinstating Farah to this team.
Parts of the second half was abysmal when Halatua was off....but I tell ya what it didn't get much better when he come back on. :brick: :brick: :brick: look if we don't bring back some experience somebody that plays rationally we will get pounded by the cowboys next Sunday.
Ridiculous. Dene was great again tonight. Both first and second half.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!