That was painful!!!!!

fibrodreaming

Re: That was painful!!!!!

Post by fibrodreaming » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 7:55 am

Gary Bakerloo wrote:
Tigerdave wrote:Don't know about painful, a little frustrating going for goal when we had them on the ropes.
I was fine with taking the points at the times we did, there is nothing wrong with scoring points.

Yes, Parramatta have a lot of players out and are struggling, but they still had a reasonable forward pack and defend well. Despite having nothing to play for this season other than pride, they were never just going to roll over and let us rack up 40+ points.

For teams with little to play for, you need to win the games and take their interest away. That means doing the hard yards and taking points when on offer. It's always a slow burn and you look to cash in with some cheap tries in the final 10 minutes. That looked to be our approach, but losing Brooks saw us lose that creativity that would have helped us get some cheap tries towards the end.

Still, 15 point margin is not bad. Titans, everyone's Cinderella story, beat Parra by 20 the other week and scored a converted try on the bell.
That's a fair summary Gary. Parra were down on troops, but they played with a lot of spirit. They defended well and we treated them with the respect they deserved. I think it signifies a growing maturity on our part and augers well for the future.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 8:23 am

innsaneink wrote:How will you know if your right?
You can prove a point by using "ifs"

That's OK... You stay dull and unexcited when the rest of us enjoy our fight for the top 8
Another laugh, good one!
"Quality Stupidity"

MAFIA

Post by MAFIA » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 8:46 am

Moses has all of a sudden decided to take control of our games please the last 2 games maybe against a hopeless dragons side and last night against a injury and suspension side in parra I'm going to run here with Blockers answer regarding Farah not in the side he said he will make a judgement on weather Taylor was right or wrong in dropping Farah when we see the Tigers play against the top 8 sides and see if the broses boys take control like they have in the past 2 weeks

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 9:24 am

matchball wrote:We were full of errors and still kept them to a single try.
Hard to please some folks.
And that try had a significant level of controversy about it as well given an eel ran into Moses in the line. But hey, that's ok when we're trying to put down the wining ability of the tigers.

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 10:03 am

coopy wrote:
WestsSupporter wrote:
Mashies wrote:
maxxy86 wrote:Well I think the scarecrow has a dillema on his hands.....that being of reinstating Farah to this team.
Parts of the second half was abysmal when Halatua was off....but I tell ya what it didn't get much better when he come back on. :brick: :brick: :brick: look if we don't bring back some experience somebody that plays rationally we will get pounded by the cowboys next Sunday.
Any one who found that painful forgets how we were travelling 3 months ago. Some people are never happy... Guess you have to have people who whinge about everything to appreciate those who don't...
I agree so much. People on this thread are so greedy. We are playing well, what more do you want? Did you forget how
garbage we were not long ago?
I don't know. Parra severely down on troops (only 1 of their top ten contracted players on the field tonight). We were well up in the first half and couldn't put them to the sword. Brooks was a loss but I am not sure he was the reason either.

Defence was better but the try we let in the second half was a repeat of about 20 we've let in this year down that side and the goal kicking is still a problem -it will cost us a major game very soon.

Am I happy with the win? - yes absolutely.
Am I happy with the way we won? - not so much
including drug dealers and illegaly signed players ? :crazy

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 10:36 am

Look at the end of the day I'm happy for the win but it could have been with more conviction. The shuffling around of players is absolutely ridiculous. When we all really know Farah was performing well enough in previous rounds not to have been given the demotion. But not to have played Cherrington also.....please Mr scarecrow tell us WHY??.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 10:46 am

How come no one has mentioned the Dogs almost getting their pants pulled down by the Dragons Friday night. The Dragons being one of those so called teams we can't really take a lot out of beating gave a side in the top 4 a harder time than they the gave us.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 10:54 am

Haters will always be haters.

tigermac88

Post by tigermac88 » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 10:56 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:How come no one has mentioned the Dogs almost getting their pants pulled down by the Dragons Friday night. The Dragons being one of those so called teams we can't really take a lot out of beating gave a side in the top 4 a harder time than they the gave us.
While I agree with you to some point the dogs have been woeful their last 2 games. I'm happy we are winning atm but I think some people are right also in their opinion that our opposition haven't been great quality the last 2 weeks but in saying that you can only beat what is put in front of you... Our real test starts now as their are no more "easy" games. I'm happy that we are finally in contention for the top 8, hopefully the boys can step up and give this a real good shake.

dimitri

Post by dimitri » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 11:01 am

From what we've seen thus far, the team functions better when Robbie comes off the bench to replace Halatau. Watch the Panthers game again, the so-called example why Robbie was dropped, and please explain how the team has performed better without Robbie in it.

Instead, we have to put up with disjointed displays because the coach is stubborn. Classic example of "cohesion" on display in the past 2 weeks and particularly last nights game.

Just because Taylor is the coach doesn't mean he is always right.

Is the decision to leave an experienced rake in the reggies for the betterment of the team or for Taylor's career?

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 11:05 am

Bettermsnt of the team and club. Imo

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 1:54 pm

Not sure it's doing Lovett any favours - was he on the Wing at one stage or was I seeing things?
Is there no where he can't play?
Good first half but second half was a rabble. Losing Brooks certainly didn't help matters with the bench we had.
Can't wait to see what's best for the team next week against the Cowboys.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 6:40 pm

Even though I have enjoyed our last two wins we have to be way better if we want to beat the sides in the 8.
Let's face it, we struggled to beat two pretty decimated teams. We'll know where we're at next week after the Cows game.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 7:07 pm

It would have been better when Brooks went off to put Rankin to half, push Kev to the wing and Roudy back to the centre rather that using Lovett out of place.

LCA

Post by LCA » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 7:30 pm

innsaneink wrote:How will you know if your right?
You can prove a point by using "ifs"

That's OK... You stay dull and unexcited when the rest of us enjoy our fight for the top 8
"The rest of us"? How do you arrogantly assume you're (note the spelling, will you??) representing all bar me?

LCA

Post by LCA » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 7:35 pm

magpiecol wrote:Haters will always be haters.
You should know.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 7:48 pm

Maxxy and the Farah loyalists seem to forget that one day very soon this club and team won't have Farah anymore....can't wait myself...however if none of you can see the developement and maturity starting to show from these young players after some extreme pressure over the last couple of seasons,then you have absolutely no understanding of NRL and its playing structures..
When Brooks and Moses were thrown into the deep end they were playing blind and if you don't think JT has had anything to do with their better performances then think again,,,get off the JT hate train and step into reality,he is doing a good job even though the LEGEND is trying to undermine him as he has done previously when he doesn't get his way...at least JT has had the guts to make the big calls and take the blame fully on his own shoulders..this team worked hard against the Eels and full credit to them for getting the win....it was great and they will improve further....celebrate the win and get rid of the negativity,itwillcause you no end of grief..
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Post by 851 » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 8:41 pm

Telltails wrote:Not sure it's doing Lovett any favours - was he on the Wing at one stage or was I seeing things?
Is there no where he can't play?
Good first half but second half was a rabble. Losing Brooks certainly didn't help matters with the bench we had.
Can't wait to see what's best for the team next week against the Cowboys.
Lovett was on the wing, the complete farce to get Rankin in at dummy half by moving 3 players out of position is a move that flies in the face of everything JT has said about cohesion, punt Farah, fine, but put a hooker in the 17, and punt Rankin while your there JT. :brick:
Go hard or go home