Aloiai

Nelson

Re: Aloiai

Post by Nelson » Sat 30 Jul, 2016 9:22 pm

stevetiger wrote:
southerntiger wrote:
stevetiger wrote:
Nelson wrote:
Give it a bloody rest and stick to the topic. There's a bunch of threads where your whining may vaguely be relevant, this is not one of them.

Yes Josh is coming along well, he plays hard.
I started the topic. If I want to have a whine (in your girly opinion) I will.
I suspect its the reference to Taylorball and dropping Farah that Nelson is referring to.
Maybe but there was nothing wrong with what I posted. He sounds like a typical JT crony. A weak pathetic excuse of human being. Note that I didn't use the word man because it's not relevant here.
Yes that was what I was referring to you massive internet hero. Too stupid to win an argument so you go for the name calling.

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Sat 30 Jul, 2016 9:31 pm

southerntiger wrote:
stevetiger wrote:I had no idea that he had critics. Funny stuff. Not as funny as Taylorball or playing Robbie in reserves but still pretty funny.
He has had plenty. Obviously people who have never strapped on a boot. Great debut year in the forwards. Gone missing a few times but thats to be expected.
Absolutely hate when people use this as reasoning.
You don't need to have played the game to understand it.

I was a big Aloiai fan early on, but come midway through the season I was beginning to question that as he didn't really seem to have to do a lot. But playing more minutes has definitely brought out the best in him. Hopefully it continues and he has a long successful career with us.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 30 Jul, 2016 9:32 pm

southerntiger wrote:
stryker wrote:
southerntiger wrote:
stevetiger wrote:I had no idea that he had critics. Funny stuff. Not as funny as Taylorball or playing Robbie in reserves but still pretty funny.
He has had plenty. Obviously people who have never strapped on a boot. Great debut year in the forwards. Gone missing a few times but thats to be expected.
:lol: good to see you drop in to tell everyone what's what. Didn't see you anywhere near the forum when he was putting in poor performances. I might call you Phil Gould.
Yeh it was a bit of an arrogant statement. Fair cop. However, I am a bit sensitive to people on this forum not appreciating how tough it is transitioning into first grade, particularly in the forwards.

But on your other point, I was here at the time defending him. Given there was only a couple of critics, I didnt see the need to sing it to the world.
My problem a few months ago when I was a critic was that I was concerned that the club kept backing juniors as forwards rather than chasing established players to strengthen our weak areas. Josh was struggling and I had a bad feeling we had another Sirro. Young forwards are hard to judge and I misread him. I think his progress has been surprisingly fast and am happy to see him coming along. He has been strong the past month and terrific the past fortnight.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 30 Jul, 2016 9:34 pm

Sabre wrote:
southerntiger wrote:
I agree. But it can be relevant to understanding how difficult some positions are and the adjustment between different levels of the game.

I have already conceded it was a silly statement.

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Sat 30 Jul, 2016 9:41 pm

southerntiger wrote:
Sabre wrote:
southerntiger wrote:
I agree. But it can be relevant to understanding how difficult some positions are and the adjustment between different levels of the game.

I have already conceded it was a silly statement.
All good mate, hadn't read your other post before I replied.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 30 Jul, 2016 9:46 pm

Hahaha... Sounds like Steve has had about 6 too many and is choc full of Dutch courage... Lol

Only learned of Josh' broken hip injury the other day.... That takes toughness, and to learn tonite he's. Playing with a broken hand.... Kudos to him

cunno

Post by cunno » Sat 30 Jul, 2016 9:57 pm

Played significant role in first two tries and kept toiling away all game despite carrying injury as well as a big heart, well done.

willow

Post by willow » Sat 30 Jul, 2016 10:10 pm

Very strong game, hit the line hard and his line running is really improving as the season goes. After watching Sirro today, he's no chance of getting his spot back anytime soon.

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 9:30 am

Critics of him might be lacking a little patience. Our halves have been given years of latitude and it was eventually wearing very thin, but it looks as though the wait might just be over with them. Certainly with Moses - he's going great. A similar attitude to a very young Aloiai might be in order. He's having a real dig. Good on him.

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 9:36 am

innsaneink wrote:Hahaha... Sounds like Steve has had about 6 too many and is choc full of Dutch courage... Lol

Only learned of Josh' broken hip injury the other day.... That takes toughness, and to learn tonite he's. Playing with a broken hand.... Kudos to him
Yes. Add to that he literally had no pre-season due to injury so his fitness and form was always going to be delayed this season.

tigermac88

Post by tigermac88 » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 9:43 am

I didn't know much about him when he signed with us so I found a highlights package on YouTube of his from his juniors and was really impressed. For his first year in the top grade he has exceeded what is expected and will continue to develop, imo I honestly think he will be something really special in a few years.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 9:49 am

Spare a thought for Matthew Woods...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 9:50 am

wd in perth wrote:Critics of him might be lacking a little patience. Our halves have been given years of latitude and it was eventually wearing very thin, but it looks as though the wait might just be over with them. Certainly with Moses - he's going great. A similar attitude to a very young Aloiai might be in order. He's having a real dig. Good on him.
There is certainly some truth to that mate. It seems like that's all we've heard for the past decade....have patience these kids will turn out good. Whilst some have, many others haven't and that turns one onto a sceptic. I'd still love some hard heads to be brought in to help them.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 9:52 am

Geo. wrote:Spare a thought for Matthew Woods...
I was thinking about that yesterday. Im not sure he made the best choice for his career.

VanillaThunder

Post by VanillaThunder » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 8:18 pm

For a bloke his size (take notes Sirro) he certainly runs hard and puts his all in to every effort, I think the criticisms leveled at him previously (by me included) were that he could've gone to the middle more often looking for work, though these last two weeks he's really shown how damaging he can be on the edges. I don't think it's any coincidence that the more he gets on that short ball from Moses the better he looks, he's full speed and has enough ball skills to promote an offload. Really adds another point of attack outside of the usual shift to Teddy. Learning of his injury history is another credit in my books and everything I've read is that he's a stand up, humble guy too, really glad we have him.
Stick him with Rowdy all off-season and get him learning angles and he could be anything.

Still wouldn't mind him up the middle every now and then though, especially those sets where it seems we have 1-5 hitting it up while our forwards take a whole set to get back onside.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 8:20 pm

How come no one has nicknamed him sauce yet?

Too obvious?

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 8:24 pm

Ive seen him called garlic aioli somewhere

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 8:25 pm

Garlic is even better.