Expected Crowd

Boonboon2
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 30 times

Expected Crowd

Unread post by Boonboon2 » Sat 06 Aug, 2016 7:22 am

How many do people think we will get.

Being a Leichardt regular but not going myself this week (3 week old baby) I was thinking about how many we would get

Positives for Crowd
- We are playing well
- Still in top 8 contention

Negatives
- Weather - this is the big one esp at Leichardt and given its been wet all week and rain expected Sunday I'd say this will have a big negative on the crowd. People remember the Warm, Sunny SUnday afternoons when the game kicks off at 2pm.
- Live on Channel 9 - This has hurt all crowds since brought in
- 4pm start - Great for TV but horrible for attendance on a cold wet sunday afternoon

Usually on a wet cold sunday afternoon esp lead up rain and cold we usually get about 7k but given we are still in finals contention then I am hopeful we get 10,000 on Sunday

joebob
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by joebob » Sat 06 Aug, 2016 8:25 am

I'm dragging a few people with me to the game. Weather is the big concern for me.

One sort of advantage for a bigger crowd figure, is that you just don't know what is going to happen with our split of games. Could be the second last one there.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 205 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 06 Aug, 2016 8:32 am

Isn't it true that the capacity is now only around 17, 000? Whatever it is, hopefully we get close to it.

Just a word on the 4pm kickoff. I really hate it when they try and still sell it as afternoon footy. The first half is, but second half is played under lights. Not a traditional Sunday arvo at all. But at least 9 have moved out of the dark ages by not showing delayed games anymore.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 258 times
Been liked: 397 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sat 06 Aug, 2016 9:00 am

Summary Min 9 Max 17 Shower or two.Possible rainfall: 0 to 4 mm Chance of any rain: 60%
Sydney area
Partly cloudy. Patchy fog in the early morning. Medium (60%) chance of showers. Light winds.

4mm...pfffft

Crowd...17453...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

tigerap
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 71 times

Unread post by tigerap » Sat 06 Aug, 2016 9:50 am

I'll be there and will be dragging 5 others with me....expecting 17k+

pHyR3

Unread post by pHyR3 » Sat 06 Aug, 2016 10:42 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:Isn't it true that the capacity is now only around 17, 000? Whatever it is, hopefully we get close to it.

Just a word on the 4pm kickoff. I really hate it when they try and still sell it as afternoon footy. The first half is, but second half is played under lights. Not a traditional Sunday arvo at all. But at least 9 have moved out of the dark ages by not showing delayed games anymore.
yup 17.5k

i believe grant mayer said in a members conference or something a few years back, that the 20k+ crowds were essentially bs. the NRLs taken a harder stance on those inflations of numbers since around 2013 or 2014. i suspect they counted tickets sold, not people going through the gate

also, OH&S has reduced the capacity somewhat
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

BalmainJnr
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by BalmainJnr » Sat 06 Aug, 2016 11:25 am

Seems to have been a lot more advertising for this game than I usually notice. There are a few reasons to show up for this one, as others have alluded too. Bumper crowd if the weather holds.

Nelson
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by Nelson » Sat 06 Aug, 2016 11:42 am

pHyR3 wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:Isn't it true that the capacity is now only around 17, 000? Whatever it is, hopefully we get close to it.

yup 17.5k

i believe grant mayer said in a members conference or something a few years back, that the 20k+ crowds were essentially bs. the NRLs taken a harder stance on those inflations of numbers since around 2013 or 2014. i suspect they counted tickets sold, not people going through the gate

Grant Mayer was essentially BS

fergiefurr
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by fergiefurr » Sat 06 Aug, 2016 12:15 pm

honestly with the terrible weather we've had and the average conditions expected tomorrow i think 12-13k will be a good crowd

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 225 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sat 06 Aug, 2016 1:20 pm

foreveratiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by foreveratiger » Sat 06 Aug, 2016 1:24 pm

I will be extremely surprised if we get a crowd of 17,000 with the predicted weather. 12,000 -13,000 would be the going rate I reckon.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 06 Aug, 2016 1:29 pm

Cambo next week will be interesting with Hayne playing.

foreveratiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by foreveratiger » Sat 06 Aug, 2016 1:33 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Cambo next week will be interesting with Hayne playing.
I expect a good turn out with this game.

Titans vs Warriors tomorrow is basically sold out there is only scattered single seats available....so I'm told.
Geez there is even a Hayne cam for fox viewers tomorrow :shock:.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 06 Aug, 2016 1:42 pm

foreveratiger wrote:

Titans vs Warriors tomorrow is basically sold out there is only scattered single seats available....so I'm told.
It's going to blow up in the Titans face, you can see it coming a mile away. Almost 2 mil a yr for someone who hasn't played the game in two yrs, who before he left was prone to being a bludger. Don't say i didn't tell you so.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 225 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sat 06 Aug, 2016 1:49 pm

foreveratiger wrote:

Just press the red button on your FOX remote

tigermac88
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by tigermac88 » Sat 06 Aug, 2016 1:53 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:

It's going to blow up in the Titans face, you can see it coming a mile away. Almost 2 mil a yr for someone who hasn't played the game in two yrs, who before he left was prone to being a bludger. Don't say i didn't tell you so.
Something I agree with you on GNR, I can't see him being an instant success on his return.

pHyR3

Unread post by pHyR3 » Sat 06 Aug, 2016 4:50 pm

Nelson wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:

yup 17.5k

Grant Mayer was essentially BS
while true, im sure he knew something about how crowd numbers used to be counted and are counted now. its no coincidence we havent seen a 20k+ crowd at leichardt in the last few years

he also insinuated that we used to hand out a few thousand free memberships which was stopped in 2014 from memory
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

prattenpark

Unread post by prattenpark » Sat 06 Aug, 2016 10:16 pm

I think we will get a decent crowd. A lot will depend on the morning weather. If the sun is out and the sky blue by 10-11am, I reckon we will top 15,000
If the sky stays grey all day - 12-13,000
I know a lot of people that are hanging out for this game

Return to “Round 22: Wests Tigers vs North Queensland Cowboys”