Tedesco primed for a big one?

teddy23

Tedesco primed for a big one?

Post by teddy23 » Sat 06 Aug, 2016 12:22 pm

Probably an unpopular opinion but I think Tedesco isn't playing at his very best lately since after Origin to be specific. In order for us to win I think Tedesco needs to have a big one if he plays the way we all know he can play than I reckon we've got this.

He hasn't been playing badly, he's playing well but he's been quiet these last few weeks and could play a lot better than what he is playing now.

I hope he comes out and cracks the Cowboys defence in shreds.

Anyone agree though with the Tedesco analysis that he's been quiet?

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Sat 06 Aug, 2016 12:24 pm

apart from the panthers game i think he's been down since he came back from his shoulder injury. apparently he got a knock to his knee in the round 4 game against parra that worried him for a number of weeks, wouldnt surprise me if it still hadnt healed properly.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 06 Aug, 2016 12:27 pm

teddy23 wrote:Probably an unpopular opinion but I think Tedesco isn't playing at his very best lately since after Origin to be specific. In order for us to win I think Tedesco needs to have a big one if he plays the way we all know he can play than I reckon we've got this.

He hasn't been playing badly, he's playing well but he's been quiet these last few weeks and could play a lot better than what he is playing now.

I hope he comes out and cracks the Cowboys defence in shreds.

Anyone agree though with the Tedesco analysis that he's been quiet?
Yes.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 06 Aug, 2016 1:24 pm

I agree. Hasn't been setting the world on fire. You have to cut him some slack though. He carried the team for the first half of the yr, he can't play like Superman every week. The thing that's worried me a little is his pace seems to be down. Got run down at the end of Origin 3, then was run down by Nightingale 2 weeks ago.

Post by 851 » Sat 06 Aug, 2016 1:29 pm

The mole said after he got run down by Nightingale that he is playing injured.
Go hard or go home

marzie

Post by marzie » Sat 06 Aug, 2016 1:51 pm

A quiet game from teddy compares with a good game from most of the other fullbacks in the comp imo. Don't think I've seen him have a bad game.

He can't be the man every single week it's impossible.

He has never been that quick over long distances either he says that himself
Last edited by marzie on Sat 06 Aug, 2016 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 06 Aug, 2016 1:53 pm

He is either injured, not in top form or he has lost some speed. He is still though a really good player despite that.

I'd love to see him have a big game.

willow

Post by willow » Sat 06 Aug, 2016 7:27 pm

He requires off season surgery.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 06 Aug, 2016 7:30 pm

willow wrote:He requires off season surgery.
Tedesco will delay surgery if selected in the Four Nations squad...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

VanillaThunder

Post by VanillaThunder » Sat 06 Aug, 2016 7:56 pm

Not concerned about him getting run down, he's quite open about his long distance speed lacking and it's always easier to run without the ball. He's still safe as a house under the high ball though and one of our best, most consistent players.
I would agree that he's been down, though that'd be in part due to our unreasonably high expectations of his potential and possibly to do with him playing injured. He seems to have taken the wrong options a few times on the back of sweep plays out the back lately too (especially since Origin).

The bloke's our best by far though and as Marzie said, a sub-standard Teddy is still an above-par almost anyone else. After all he's sacrificed for the club (money, injury, having to pass to Milone, Lovett & Rankin) I'm more than happy to cut him as much slack as he wants.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 06 Aug, 2016 8:25 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:I agree. Hasn't been setting the world on fire. You have to cut him some slack though. He carried the team for the first half of the yr, he can't play like Superman every week. The thing that's worried me a little is his pace seems to be down. Got run down at the end of Origin 3, then was run down by Nightingale 2 weeks ago.
He is not quick over a long distance.

However GNR, both times he was "run down" it was by players coming across field - not by players coming from behind him. Wouldn't worry too much, especially in light of being inconvenienced by injury as well.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Sat 06 Aug, 2016 8:33 pm

Geo. wrote:
willow wrote:He requires off season surgery.
Tedesco will delay surgery if selected in the Four Nations squad...
The surgery if only for his nose thanks to those queensland thugs.

upthetigers

Post by upthetigers » Sat 06 Aug, 2016 10:25 pm

Our chances definitely drop if it's going to be a wet track. Please don't rain.

prattenpark

Post by prattenpark » Sat 06 Aug, 2016 10:32 pm

I think his running style and lines he runs are better suited to daytime footy. Was it the Saints or Parra game he lost his footing when in attack. Teams are also much more aware of him and keep a close guard on him

cunno

Post by cunno » Sat 06 Aug, 2016 11:22 pm

I'm primed for Tedesco to have a big one, depending on our forwards off course

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sun 07 Aug, 2016 12:42 am

even his average games are still miles above other NRL FB's, absolute freak and our best attacking player since Marshall.
Go Tigers :sign:

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Sun 07 Aug, 2016 1:00 am

I actually prefer the way Teddy has been playing now as opposed to earlier in the season. We're getting him involved in a lot more various ways, ie. a lot of support play up the middle, inside balls, etc. Much better than just the sweeping backline move. Don't think he has lost any pace, both times he has been chased down recently were by defenders who had a massive head start. I think the team is starting to learn how to utilise him better. Won't be long before he cuts teams in half again. He may have been less spectacular lately but he is still scoring tries & we're winning.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 07 Aug, 2016 7:38 am

greatodensraven wrote:Don't think he has lost any pace, both times he has been chased down recently were by defenders who had a massive head start.
I agree, he was tearing holes in Penrith with his pace just the other week.

Also notinf that it's easier to run without a football in your hands, so the defender always has an advantage.