Tedesco primed for a big one?

Bones

Re: Tedesco primed for a big one?

Post by Bones » Sun 07 Aug, 2016 8:24 am

jirskyr wrote:
greatodensraven wrote:Don't think he has lost any pace, both times he has been chased down recently were by defenders who had a massive head start.
I agree, he was tearing holes in Penrith with his pace just the other week.

Also notinf that it's easier to run without a football in your hands, so the defender always has an advantage.
If you watch the one v dragons Nightingale was 10m behind the line when we made the break and still just got there.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 07 Aug, 2016 9:22 am

I said it a few weeks ago and the main problem is when he gets that sweeping ball out the back and he's heading sideways, the defence has just jams in on him and he has to come to a holt and gets hurded back in field where he normally either succumbs to the tackle or has to head back sideways in the other direction, either way the play has been shut down. I'd like to see him hit holes straighter and closer to the ruck more often. Hodgo style

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 07 Aug, 2016 9:32 am

Todays game would have suited him being at 4pm but the possibility of rain is there which will take any advantage away

notarealtiger

Post by notarealtiger » Sun 07 Aug, 2016 9:57 am

Teddy is like Michael Jennings, can burn anyone over the first 30-40 metres, but then can get run down over the length of the field. He used to be much more explosive but changing his running style and his knee surgeries have definitely impacted his speed. Also, he's been playing injured, and although his nose is not directly related to his speed, him not being able to breathe properly would certainly hamper his overall performance.

Still, it's nice to have a player who can make breaks and score tries even on his off days. I think we should consider ourselves lucky to have a player like Teddy who's worst form is still better than most of the league.

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Sun 07 Aug, 2016 6:28 pm

Not having a go, this is pure elation. Maybe ask the ten blokes who missed Teddy on the way to the try line tonight & see if they reckon he has lost form!!

notarealtiger

Post by notarealtiger » Sun 07 Aug, 2016 8:15 pm

Haha that was one hell of a run!

Imagine if he hits top form on our run to the finals. Do we dare to dream?

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 07 Aug, 2016 11:40 pm

greatodensraven wrote:Not having a go, this is pure elation. Maybe ask the ten blokes who missed Teddy on the way to the try line tonight & see if they reckon he has lost form!!
You're wrong..it was 15...Thursto twice...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 6:06 am

I counted only 10 he beat....LOL

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 6:57 am

Remarkable .... Reminded me of George Piggins try for Souths at Lidcombe Oval in 1976.