No Robbie Farah= 3 wins in a row...

TYGA

Re: No Robbie Farah= 3 wins in a row...

Post by TYGA » Tue 09 Aug, 2016 1:55 pm

Gary Bakerloo wrote:
TYGA wrote:He is way better with Farah out of the team and it is not due to the myth of slow service Farah, who passes quicker the both Halatau and Rankin it must be something we can't see as fans, which taylor has picked up on.
Greg Pritchard from The Roar attempts to explain the difference between Farah and Halatau/Rankin:

Moses is now running the show. He gets the ball whenever he wants it. Tigers coach Jason Taylor wanted a functional hooker and he has now got that, whether it’s Dene Halatau at dummy-half or Jordan Rankin.

But it’s not like Halatau and Rankin aren’t allowed to run from dummy-half. They are, and they did at times yesterday. But when they run it’s at pace, with the aim of gaining valuable metres. It’s not about ambling out of dummy-half and then passing the ball to a receiver when the space between him and the advancing defence has already been significantly reduced.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2016/08/08/ha ... ng-winner/
Moses was on fire when Farah was on the bench for 4 games also.
I don't agree with this analysis as Farah had much more dynamism than Halatau and Rankin out of dummy half and also provides much sharper service. I support the coaches right to make the decision however, this is lazy analysis as its just not right.

Farah won't be here next year however, the bigger elephant in the room is it looks like we have 2 halfbacks Moses & Brooks. I feel the heat is being directed at the wrong person in Farah.
Brooks has been terrible for a majority of the season.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 09 Aug, 2016 2:08 pm

I am sure I seen Robbie steal the ball from Teddy at fullback as well
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Tue 09 Aug, 2016 2:15 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:I am sure I seen Robbie steal the ball from Teddy at fullback as well
Yep. Me & JT picked up on this one as well. I said to him "Robbie - mate. You aren't the fullback. It's your job to pass the ball to the fullback but not be the fullback. Do you get it !". He didn't get it.

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Tue 09 Aug, 2016 2:30 pm

TYGA wrote:
Moses was on fire when Farah was on the bench for 4 games also.
Maybe....but then how good must he be going now???

THE BIGGEST WINNER

"So far this season it’s quite clearly been Moses who has felt most suffocated by the influence of Farah with his performances going to another level when the Tigers field someone else in the No.9 jersey.

While Brooks has had fairly even contributions across the season, regardless of whether or not Farah plays, Moses touches the ball significantly more and creates far more havoc when his senior teammate is absent.

His average possessions rise from 37.8 per game to 42.9 per game, he’s made more than double the linebreak assists without Farah (an increase from two to five) and more than double the try assists (three with Farah, eight without him).

He also takes more responsibility with the boot, kicking more in the Tigers’ attacking zones, which has resulted in seven forced drop outs without Farah and just three with him.

Intriguingly Moses has made less linebreaks and scored less tries without Farah by his side, which only strengthens the point that his game switches focus, taking the opportunity to play make for his side, not just run the ball."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pre ... d498a68d05

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Tue 09 Aug, 2016 4:39 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:It is a dumb topic but now we have lost Brooks off injured and Moses too tired at 70 mins to have a shot at field goal we need another playmaker and true defender in there. In last game they were targeting Moses too much, they need someone to take attention away from Mitch who can do everything that Mitch can.
You're making things up.
We do need another playmaker, but he's out injured (Brooks). Littlejohn will hopefully be better for the run and offer more of an alternative to Moses in such situations moving forward.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Tue 09 Aug, 2016 9:45 pm

To the naked eye Moses appears better with no Farah.

However he also appears better with no Brooks.

Moses is a dominant personality. He wants the ball all the time.

Of the analysis 37 touches to 42 is not a huge increase. If it were 20 with Farah and 40 without you would be asking questions. However its not liked Moses was starved of the ball.

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Wed 10 Aug, 2016 6:44 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:It is a dumb topic but now we have lost Brooks off injured and Moses too tired at 70 mins to have a shot at field goal we need another playmaker and true defender in there. In last game they were targeting Moses too much, they need someone to take attention away from Mitch who can do everything that Mitch can.
Did he tell you he was too tired? This entire post is quite bizarre.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 10 Aug, 2016 7:45 am

wd in perth wrote:
why couldn't Moses have a shot at field goal the last minutes of last game - he was targeted and according to commentators was busted by then. If 2 field goal shooter and a really good defender in there the pressure will be off him somewhat. I thought Moses had to pull off tackles that he should not have had to especially on bigger guys. Why can't Moses and Farah communicate during the game giving a wink who will do the running or field goal but both standing in position of course so they cannot be targeted?
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Wed 10 Aug, 2016 7:47 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
wd in perth wrote:
why couldn't Moses have a shot at field goal the last minutes of last game - he was targeted and according to commentators was busted by then. If 2 field goal shooter and a really good defender in there the pressure will be off him somewhat. I thought Moses had to pull off tackles that he should not have had to especially on bigger guys. Why can't Moses and Farah communicate during the game giving a wink who will do the running or field goal but both standing in position of course so they cannot be targeted?
Because Farah isn't playing first grade.

Buffalo

Post by Buffalo » Wed 10 Aug, 2016 7:52 am

Squad looks pretty happy without him. Moses gets his hands on the ball way more.
Glory Glory to ...... oh wait for the announcement

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Wed 10 Aug, 2016 8:20 am

:lol:
Nelson wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
wd in perth wrote:
Because Farah isn't playing first grade.

:lol: .....and it's so tiring to stand behind the ruck and kick a ball 20m from in front.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 10 Aug, 2016 8:30 am

well don't take my word, watch the last ten minutes of last game. MM could not get a kick in one way or another

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Wed 10 Aug, 2016 8:45 am

Buffalo wrote:Squad looks pretty happy without him. Moses gets his hands on the ball way more.
Glory Glory to ...... oh wait for the announcement
I hope the transition from Robbie moving WTs comes quickly and smoothly from this point forward.
But I'm not going put crap on someone who has given their all to the WTs for over a decade.
in Ivan we distrust

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Wed 10 Aug, 2016 9:57 am

I haven't read all the comments except the first one but we really need to look at which teams the tigers beat?

- Dragons
- Cowboys (@ Leichhardt with a very rusty looking JT)
- ????

stryker

Post by stryker » Wed 10 Aug, 2016 6:27 pm

The consensus that Mitch plays better when he is the sole playmaker is correct and at the same time worrying. He has got away with it recently but now the cat's out of the bag he will be targeted like he never has been before in his career.

I am more interested in his performance this weekend than the team in general.

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Wed 10 Aug, 2016 11:38 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
wd in perth wrote:
1) Teddy was at dummy half as Halatau got tackled with the ball. His pass was terrible, went well over Moses's head, he adjusted to push it wide to Naiqama and we ended up with a repeat set
2) We were probably too close to the line, in that the defence was only a few metres back from the play the ball, rather than 10m, and thus the defence was up on him too quickly. He adjusted again, passed to Tedesco and the rest is history (he scored if you've forgotten).

Neither had anything to do with being tired.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 10 Aug, 2016 11:48 pm

Those commentators must have got it wrong then