No Robbie Farah= 3 wins in a row...

User avatar
foreveratiger
Member
Member
Posts: 11615
Joined: Mon 27 Jun, 2011 8:03 pm

Re: No Robbie Farah= 3 wins in a row...

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 07 Aug, 2016 8:54 pm

Geo. wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:
I think we can put the Farah talk away as he won't be here next year and i think with Liddle coming in next year the future is definitely bright .

I think Moses was unreal Today and i must say within 3 years he will be the best 5/8th in the game and is now earning his keep.
I don't think there is room for Brooks in our team after next year , i mean there is a place for him but $$$$ wise i think we won't be able to keep Teddy , Brooks and Moses together and what will be massive coin for the Club. Jack Little John can do a job for us and i think with Moses running the show JLJ would be a cheaper option for us .
Jack little John and Moses could be a combination like Cronk and Green for the Storm .

Am i the only one that thinks this way ? I find Moses controls the games better when Brooks is not there.
After Today ? Moses is the real deal .

To think that we lost E.T early in the game is a massive effort to win with 16 players....very proud
He has now stepped up against quality opposition...I wouldn't say better...Moses is just more noticeable as without Brooks he has to be...they are different players have been since early days..they compliment each other...

I wouldn't be tossing Brooks in the bin just yet...

Littlejohn is a good back up option no doubt...agree with you there...
I'm thinking more along the lines of $$$$ as Brooks won't come in cheap and we are going to have a battle on our hands keeping all 3 , Teddy and Moses is a must also Woods will be coming off Contract .
I think we need to spend the money on some really good impact 2nd Rowers coming of the bench when we get a bit of cash .

How good was Naiqama Today he made some massive defensive decisions that stopped the Cowboys from scoring and Nofo well his unreal .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.


User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 20526
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 6:39 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:
Love the WestsTigers wrote:ah one of those threads .. carry on
Some think cause you don't agree with the handling of Farah we want our side to lose.

It's ridiculous.

X2
There are supporters that do. This was from a ''supporter'' the day after he was dropped on Facebook.

My pops ashes are spread over Leichhardt oval and was on the board at the Balmain Leeds club lucky enough he got to see robbie and the boys win a grand final....if you honestly believe what you just posted you need to go follow the storm...real fans like me and my whole family would rather see tigers get the wooden spoon then let a club legend like robbie go in such a disgusting manner and I know a massive majority of us real fans will be crossing our fingers the dragons flog us on Sunday just to give JT who has done nothing for the fans or the club a big wake up call were just a pay check for him!!
Like · Reply · 17 · 22 July at 17:44

That comment got 17 likes which shows he had a quite a few like minded people agree with him. This is what we are talking about when we say there are indeed supporters who have put Farah first and want to see us lose, purely to feel vindicated.

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 31881
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: Perth

Post by willow » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 6:59 pm

And that's why the world we live in is such a messed up place.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 20526
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 7:46 pm

willow wrote:And that's why the world we live in is such a messed up place.
You thought that was something. How about this one

JT....lets hope someone gives him I King hit & he doesn't wake up..couldn't happen to a better bloke
Like · Reply · 1 · 24 July at 22:27

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 16945
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 7:53 pm

Comments like that make JT look like Mother Theresa by comparison.
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Fuerza en la adversidad.


Gary Bakerloo
Member
Member
Posts: 2462
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 8:20 pm

I make that 20 reasons not to have a Facebook account.

User avatar
Cosimo_Zaretti
Member
Member
Posts: 1306
Joined: Sat 18 Aug, 2012 7:07 pm
Location: Camperdown

Post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Tue 09 Aug, 2016 9:47 am

Gary Bakerloo wrote:I make that 20 reasons not to have a Facebook account.
It's just a question of moderating. This forum is kept a lot tidier than the Tigers Facebook page.

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4037
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 09 Aug, 2016 9:59 am

Robbie has given as good as he has taken so he does not need their cheap shots and rudeness. He will still get full pay. Put him on bench for next 3 games as perfect compromise - but must play excellently from game one or drag him off at half time.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

TYGA
Member
Member
Posts: 1864
Joined: Sat 23 May, 2015 11:17 pm

Post by TYGA » Tue 09 Aug, 2016 10:24 am

We won 3/4 with Farah off the bench. The reality is the TEAM has improved across the board over the past 8 weeks or so. I don't think it would be any different with Farah in the team in particular off the bench.
Either way its a dumb topic Farah is not in the team and won't be back so why even bring this up.

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4037
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 09 Aug, 2016 10:31 am

It is a dumb topic but now we have lost Brooks off injured and Moses too tired at 70 mins to have a shot at field goal we need another playmaker and true defender in there. In last game they were targeting Moses too much, they need someone to take attention away from Mitch who can do everything that Mitch can.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

TYGA
Member
Member
Posts: 1864
Joined: Sat 23 May, 2015 11:17 pm

Post by TYGA » Tue 09 Aug, 2016 10:45 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:It is a dumb topic but now we have lost Brooks off injured and Moses too tired at 70 mins to have a shot at field goal we need another playmaker and true defender in there. In last game they were targeting Moses too much, they need someone to take attention away from Mitch who can do everything that Mitch can.
I think Farah off the bench is a positive for the team. I also respect the fact JT has put his cards on the table and the team has won 3 in a row by leaving Farah out. It has shown with Moses he may be impacted mentally from a dominant personality in Farah being in the team. He is way better with Farah out of the team and it is not due to the myth of slow service Farah, who passes quicker the both Halatau and Rankin it must be something we can't see as fans, which taylor has picked up on.

dimitri
Member
Member
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:47 am

Post by dimitri » Tue 09 Aug, 2016 10:54 am

Hate to see Tedesco or Moses get a head knock and be ruled out like ET was.

That would mean Littlejohn will be our go to man because Rankin is to busy at ruck.

God help us if that happens.

We'd be a better balanced team with Farah coming off the bench. Provides more options.

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4037
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 09 Aug, 2016 11:01 am

TYGA wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:It is a dumb topic but now we have lost Brooks off injured and Moses too tired at 70 mins to have a shot at field goal we need another playmaker and true defender in there. In last game they were targeting Moses too much, they need someone to take attention away from Mitch who can do everything that Mitch can.
I think Farah off the bench is a positive for the team. I also respect the fact JT has put his cards on the table and the team has won 3 in a row by leaving Farah out. It has shown with Moses he may be impacted mentally from a dominant personality in Farah being in the team. He is way better with Farah out of the team and it is not due to the myth of slow service Farah, who passes quicker the both Halatau and Rankin it must be something we can't see as fans, which taylor has picked up on.
Well what is the solution for them targeting Moses for 80 minutes and tiring him out? Do you really expect last game's extraordinary performance every week? You may be correct re Moses and Farah's chemistry not gelling but it seemed okay for last couple of their games together. Even take Moses off for a short break while Farah is on there. Negotiate it out between all main players before draw for weekend. I don't Farah is going anywhere else so he must step up for the occasion. He has never let the team down on the field so I can't see him beginning now just to get back at management. But he must apologise first in front of team even if not publically.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Gary Bakerloo
Member
Member
Posts: 2462
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Tue 09 Aug, 2016 11:02 am

TYGA wrote:He is way better with Farah out of the team and it is not due to the myth of slow service Farah, who passes quicker the both Halatau and Rankin it must be something we can't see as fans, which taylor has picked up on.
Greg Pritchard from The Roar attempts to explain the difference between Farah and Halatau/Rankin:

Moses is now running the show. He gets the ball whenever he wants it. Tigers coach Jason Taylor wanted a functional hooker and he has now got that, whether it’s Dene Halatau at dummy-half or Jordan Rankin.

But it’s not like Halatau and Rankin aren’t allowed to run from dummy-half. They are, and they did at times yesterday. But when they run it’s at pace, with the aim of gaining valuable metres. It’s not about ambling out of dummy-half and then passing the ball to a receiver when the space between him and the advancing defence has already been significantly reduced.


http://www.theroar.com.au/2016/08/08/ha ... ng-winner/

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4037
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 09 Aug, 2016 11:12 am

That was noticeable about 6 months ago but they were falling apart the seams in defence without Farah. And still too much of a scramble without him on most days. Blast him to run quick and hard or not at all just pass.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 2920
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Tue 09 Aug, 2016 11:18 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:That was noticeable about 6 months ago but they were falling apart the seams in defence without Farah. And still too much of a scramble without him on most days. Blast him to run quick and hard or not at all just pass.
What has 6 months ago got to do with now? Were they falling apart at the seams against an international pack last weekend?

The biggest defensive problem we've had this season has been the right edge, not the middle of the park. The hooker does not have a bearing on the right edge defence. There is not much to say that we'd be a better defensive team at the moment with Robbie out there.

Fumbles
Member
Member
Posts: 440
Joined: Mon 16 Jan, 2012 10:56 am
Location: Brisbane

Post by Fumbles » Tue 09 Aug, 2016 12:31 pm

cktiger wrote:
Tigersman wrote:As the title says...I don't wanna put crap on a legend but....it can't be a coincidence can it?!
It is what it is .
I jumped up and yelled along with the rest of us .
We had a few wins against some duds and a good win today.
The boys played strong against a Cowboys team not at its best - but you can only play what's in front of you.
By your reckoning if we have a few more wins we don't bring Brooks back in either .
The one thing no one knows is if we would have done even better with Farah in the team.
We don't need someone who does whatever he wants and doesn't follow the game plan. We don't need someone thinking his bigger than the team and a negative influence.
That game on Sunday proved without a doubt we are a better team without Farah. It's no coincidence Nofoa is playing his best footy ever with Farah out of the team.
Brooks is going to follow the coach's instructions Farah is just going to do whatever he likes.

stevetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5111
Joined: Mon 25 Feb, 2013 7:59 am

Post by stevetiger » Tue 09 Aug, 2016 12:47 pm

Fumbles wrote:
cktiger wrote:
Tigersman wrote:As the title says...I don't wanna put crap on a legend but....it can't be a coincidence can it?!
It is what it is .
I jumped up and yelled along with the rest of us .
We had a few wins against some duds and a good win today.
The boys played strong against a Cowboys team not at its best - but you can only play what's in front of you.
By your reckoning if we have a few more wins we don't bring Brooks back in either .
The one thing no one knows is if we would have done even better with Farah in the team.
We don't need someone who does whatever he wants and doesn't follow the game plan. We don't need someone thinking his bigger than the team and a negative influence.
That game on Sunday proved without a doubt we are a better team without Farah. It's no coincidence Nofoa is playing his best footy ever with Farah out of the team.
Brooks is going to follow the coach's instructions Farah is just going to do whatever he likes.
100% spot on. Nofo is playing so much better because Robbie isn't getting onto the wing and taking the ball off him. Myself and JT realised this early in the season and we kept telling Robbie to stay off the wing but he wouldn't follow instructions.

Post Reply