One of our best wins EVER!

palms

Re: One of our best wins EVER!

Post by palms » Sun 07 Aug, 2016 10:14 pm

This could be a defining moment for our clubs future. To beat the defending premiers at full strength with 16 men with all the drama that has been played out in the media is amazing.
Whether you like him or not, Taylor has stuck to his guns. This win was a product of two years of learning and hard work from the boys. Our defense was tough, we pushed through the line in attack and we out played the Cowboys tactically.
This win will only mean something in terms of our maturity if we can go out and do the same next week though. To get up again after this win won't be easy, but fingers crossed I think wet have renewed the corner.

Good signs ahead
Last edited by palms on Sun 07 Aug, 2016 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Sun 07 Aug, 2016 10:17 pm

Great win lost my voice on the hill today after at least 12 cans. I never sit in my reserved seats at LO but must say great team win.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 07 Aug, 2016 11:02 pm

At this time of the year there are teams that have hit the wall, teams who have clocked off,teams that are hanging on and teams who are on the up. .we are one of the few sides who are on the up

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 07 Aug, 2016 11:05 pm

supercoach wrote:At this time of the year there are teams that have hit the wall, teams who have clocked off,teams that are hanging on and teams who are on the up. .we are one of the few sides who are on the up
Us and the warriors. We'll get a good idea of the Panthers tmrw .

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Sun 07 Aug, 2016 11:32 pm

Great to get a win when we were underdog.
However this was the Cowboys worst performance since around rd4 last year so while the 6pts we got last 3 weeks is super valuable reckon we played better in many losses and it may give the team and coaches a false sense of security that they can continue this way when much improvement is needed.
Cowboys looked like they didn't want to be there.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 07 Aug, 2016 11:55 pm

prattenpark wrote:Awesome win and what really excites me is that there is still room for improvement. A couple of silly mistakes here and there, but when you consider we lost ET after about 20 minutes, I couldn't be happier. They really stepped up as a team this afternoon. I can't think of anyone who didn't contribute
I am sure I seen you on TV at the ground - jumping out of your skin. fantastic good luck
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

The_Doc

Post by The_Doc » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 12:12 am

Played tough a very satisfying win, Moses controlled the game beautifully he's really stepping up to the plate.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 1:40 am

Starting to come down from the high that performance put me on. And what a high it was. Better than heroin. It's still beyond words. I can't remember the last game i watched with such intensity like today. It's almost like the teams intensity seeped through the TV screen, it was contagious. I literally roared when Sue scored, scaring the girlfriend half to death in the process. Everyone involved deserves credit. It's a game like that where you really can't help but buy into the culture we hear Pascoe is hell bent on creating. Today has the potential to be the game that started it all. The game where we can say ''Back in 2016, after finishing 15th the yr before, and treading water for most of the yr, winning games that people argued the validity of, we came out late in the yr and absolutely bashed the full strength defending premiers and we haven't looked back since''.

Now of course, this game could always be an anomaly, but this performance has been coming. Even our last loss against the Dogs, we were under strength and took them all the way to the death. There's just something about this team the last couple months that's felt different, like they are the real deal. Today was the biggest test so far of that belief and they nailed it. I'm still taking it all in.

As good as it was though, the next test is backing it up. The loss to the GC in round 3 could actually turn out to be a blessing in disguise this week, as it can be a gentle reminder that we cannot turn up assuming it's just going to happen. We have to make it happen ourselves. This side has been pretty solid for the last few months. They haven't lost any games that you can't accuse them of not having turned up with the right attitude. So turning up with the right attitude on Saturday will be monumental for our continued growth. It would show just how professional we are.

Last word on the playing group. I'm happy to put my hand up and admit i abused the hell out of them during the first part of the yr, thinking they were trying to undermine another coach and that they were an immature group of tossers. In the last 3 months since the Canberra game, i have watched in awe these guys grow up in front of my eyes and mature into a playing group that never say die, and leave everything out on the field. And to be able to still get the job down with the circus going on around them speaks volumes. I don't know if they like JT, they don't even have to at the end of the day. As long as they are buying into what JT is preaching that is all that matters. And given today's display, Stevie Wonder could see the commitment in the playing group that would not be there if they didn't have respect for the coach.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 5:17 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:I've been a pretty big critic of Woods as C, but he's really come to the fore with his leadership the last few weeks. From shifting the focus back to the team when being pestered about Farah at the press conference to his words in the huddle after the win tonight. He's really growing into the role.
I agree with you. I had the same thought tonight. Several times he appeared calm and was talking to the team. I haven't noticed that before.
"Quality Stupidity"

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 5:23 am

I thought their management of Thurston was superb. I was really worried about what he would bring to the game, but they shut him down. You could see the frustration on his face. An excellent job.
"Quality Stupidity"

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 5:29 am

supercoach wrote:We played Taylorball the whole second half,head down,bum up one out charges from our troops, and than well placed kicks. It worked and won us the game,so maybe Taylor should get some credit
"Quality Stupidity"

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 7:28 am

NT Tiger wrote:I thought their management of Thurston was superb. I was really worried about what he would bring to the game, but they shut him down. You could see the frustration on his face. An excellent job.
That it was. Have to say that I agree with Taylor that it was probably a good thing they didn't pull Thurston out. They may not have treated the game with the respect it deserved.
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Mashies

Post by Mashies » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 7:41 am

Wins like yesterday make the years of losing worth it... One of the best days at Leichhardt i can remember...Hope we never leave...

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 7:42 am

Its funny Taylor said in his presso that the Cows were slightly off their game and plenty of other people have been saying the same thing, I just do not think you can praise our effort in defence enough. When talking defence these days the new buzz words are "first contact", ourfirst contact yesterday was often brutal

Okay the might have been off their game, but the old saying you can only play as well as the opposition allows you and that was evident yesterday

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 7:58 am

Best defensive effort this year Yes the Cows may have been a bit off their game but we rattled them. Our attack was a bit cross field but considering the changes and losing ET early they adjusted well. The Leichardt oval hoodoo lives on for JT apart from the perfect kick for their first try he had the worst game I have seen him play for a long time
A great day out at Leichardt and a great win.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 8:01 am

supercoach wrote:Its funny Taylor said in his presso that the Cows were slightly off their game and plenty of other people have been saying the same thing, I just do not think you can praise our effort in defence enough. When talking defence these days the new buzz words are "first contact", ourfirst contact yesterday was often brutal

Okay the might have been off their game, but the old saying you can only play as well as the opposition allows you and that was evident yesterday
I think it was a case of Taylor keeping their feet on the ground which is a smart move...a victory such as that for a young team could see them get ahead of themselves...the job of finals footy is far from done...

As for the Cows being off their game I think Gus says it best...
However, it would be totally unfair on the Tigers for anyone to suggest the Cowboys were below their best. The Tigers won because they produced their own personal best and the Cowboys just couldn't deal with it on the day.
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 8:05 am

The body language of the team was great, their effort and commitment even better .

The way they celebrated simple things was like they had scored a try
Lawrence hit on JT that forced a drop ball, great the see the team rally as one..

And before someone thinks of twisting this post, im sure Farah would have enjoyed seeing that too regardless of what the doomsdayers might say

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 8:19 am

Love the WestsTigers wrote:The body language of the team was great, their effort and commitment even better .

The way they celebrated simple things was like they had scored a try
Lawrence hit on JT that forced a drop ball, great the see the team rally as one..

And before someone thinks of twisting this post, im sure Farah would have enjoyed seeing that too regardless of what the doomsdayers might say
As Farah stated at time of departure that the team with his inclusion was already playing excellently. I think that the team learnt over time this year that they could not have a bludge whether Farah was there or not. That is the massive change from previous years. They needed other consistent attackers and leadership for when he was not there and that has now been provided.
Last edited by Byron Bay Fan on Mon 08 Aug, 2016 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)