Now that's what I call a grind

stevetiger

Re: Now that's what I call a grind

Post by stevetiger » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 6:29 pm

Knuckles wrote:
Gary Bakerloo wrote:Kind of puts the learnings from style of play in the 8-0 loss to North Qld at Campbelltown last year into perspective.
The learning from that night is five one outs and a bomb is no formula for success .... Thankfully our coach learnt from defeat. Unfortunately those that went had to endure.
I think that this is something positive that we can say about JT. He has learnt from his mistakes and made changes.

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 6:33 pm

stevetiger wrote:
Knuckles wrote:
Gary Bakerloo wrote:Kind of puts the learnings from style of play in the 8-0 loss to North Qld at Campbelltown last year into perspective.
The learning from that night is five one outs and a bomb is no formula for success .... Thankfully our coach learnt from defeat. Unfortunately those that went had to endure.
I think that this is something positive that we can say about JT. He has learnt from his mistakes and made changes.
He had no choice .... The players were suffocating.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 6:35 pm

Knuckles wrote:
stevetiger wrote:
Knuckles wrote:
He had no choice .... The players were suffocating.
He could have stuck to his losing approach.

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 7:40 pm

Knuckles wrote:
What do you think they did for the first 20 minutes of the second half yesterday?

Yes, you don't employ the tactic for 80 minutes, but you need to know when and for how long to undertake the "grind". Baby steps though, need to know how to play that style before you learn how to fluctuate between grind and flair. That match last season was an 80 minute prac lesson.

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 9:26 pm

Gary Bakerloo wrote:
Knuckles wrote:
What do you think they did for the first 20 minutes of the second half yesterday?

Yes, you don't employ the tactic for 80 minutes, but you need to know when and for how long to undertake the "grind". Baby steps though, need to know how to play that style before you learn how to fluctuate between grind and flair. That match last season was an 80 minute prac lesson.

Shame they didn't tell the fans who paid good money to see it.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 9:32 pm

Still whinging?

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 9:55 pm

Love the WestsTigers wrote: On the topic of Defence: Moses was a mad man, tackling anything that moved. Brook sitting on the side line should have taken some notes
He's been very tenacious, especially tackling the big fellas low. I just worry about him getting a head knock. we would have been in trouble without him.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Tue 09 Aug, 2016 7:38 am

Masterton wrote:
Love the WestsTigers wrote: On the topic of Defence: Moses was a mad man, tackling anything that moved. Brook sitting on the side line should have taken some notes
He's been very tenacious, especially tackling the big fellas low. I just worry about him getting a head knock. we would have been in trouble without him.
I love the fact he goes in to make a tackle worry free. He is not scared regardless the size of the opponen.
Brooks on the other hand "seems" to think about self preservation and most times has a reserved effort.
Do i blame him ? NO. But then again its a professional contact sport and he needs to find a way around his nervous attempts .

I still remember voices around me when playing cricket, if you are scared the ball WILL hit you.
Same with taking high catches, it will hurt if you think about it and attempt the catch with poor technique