Now that's what I call a grind

maxxy86
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 15 times

Now that's what I call a grind

Unread post by maxxy86 » Sun 07 Aug, 2016 11:29 pm

I think this is the first time in a long time that we really got into the grind with an opposition. Was just a great game by everyone today and for 80 minutes.
Tough thing maybe is backing it up against the Titans. We are on what could be the start of a roll.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

gallagher
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 56 times

Unread post by gallagher » Sun 07 Aug, 2016 11:35 pm

Yeah we need to back it up next week but I'm confident we will. It's been a while since we havn't turned up to play. A trait we used to see regularly.

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 51 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 07 Aug, 2016 11:49 pm

I think we were better because Brookes was not there - if you don't mind It being said. The defence held up better. No kids stuff by Moses today for a change, just when was needed.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

trumper
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by trumper » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 2:50 am

Where is all the hatred for coach Taylor's disgusting decision to drop Farah?

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 224 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 5:54 am

maxxy86 wrote:I think this is the first time in a long time that we really got into the grind with an opposition. Was just a great game by everyone today and for 80 minutes.
Tough thing maybe is backing it up against the Titans. We are on what could be the start of a roll.
It may be very difficult backing it up next week, that would have taken a lot out of us

Knuckles
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by Knuckles » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 7:06 am

After a golden point draw against Cronulla and a tough match against the Warriors, they might have trouble backing up next week as well.

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 7:48 am

trumper wrote:Where is all the hatred for coach Taylor's disgusting decision to drop Farah?
I still think it's disgusting and I still think Robbie should be playing and we are a better team with him there.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 224 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 8:05 am

Knuckles wrote:After a golden point draw against Cronulla and a tough match against the Warriors, they might have trouble backing up next week as well.
True.. Let's hope so

Love the WestsTigers
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by Love the WestsTigers » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 8:10 am

My summary is more a scramble than a grind BUT who cares when you walk away with the 2 points. Im certainly not complaining

On the topic of Defence: Moses was a mad man, tackling anything that moved. Brook sitting on the side line should have taken some notes

Really hard to fault the effort from the team, only gripe was a couple of lapses they had being tired when the cows cut through like hot knife through butter.. One led to a try and i think the other 2 lines breaks that put us under pressure deep on our line

tigerap
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 69 times

Unread post by tigerap » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 8:16 am

innsaneink wrote:
maxxy86 wrote:I think this is the first time in a long time that we really got into the grind with an opposition. Was just a great game by everyone today and for 80 minutes.
It may be very difficult backing it up next week, that would have taken a lot out of us
The contrary, we had more possession then them, we should be pumped by that performance going into our next 3 games....3 games that are against opponents that we are fighting for a top 8 berth with...our finals destiny is in our our hands now!.

NT Tiger
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 38 times

Unread post by NT Tiger » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 8:40 am

stevetiger wrote:
trumper wrote:Where is all the hatred for coach Taylor's disgusting decision to drop Farah?
I still think it's disgusting and I still think Robbie should be playing and we are a better team with him there.
My team is called Wests Tigers. By supporting that team it means I support the individuals selected to play in that team. By default that means I support the coach's decision to not select people for the team. Win or lose.
After a great win where the entire team is obviously playing for each other, the people not selected are irrelevant.
"Quality Stupidity"

Gary Bakerloo
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by Gary Bakerloo » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 8:44 am

Kind of puts the learnings from style of play in the 8-0 loss to North Qld at Campbelltown last year into perspective.

Tigerdon
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 100 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 8:50 am

It's always been said fix our RHS defence and we'll be tough to beat.
Our defence through the middle as been good all year.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

maxxy86
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by maxxy86 » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 9:00 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:I think we were better because Brookes was not there - if you don't mind It being said. The defence held up better. No kids stuff by Moses today for a change, just when was needed.
Very good point BBF but to think we did it without Brooks Taylor and Farah (3 creative ball players) I think the passive play fro JLJ is good as well. Also defensively without Taylor and Farah......How did we win that game!!!!
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 154 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 9:06 am

Without getting into a slinging match, credit to JT for getting the boys ready for this one. We never let them into the game, and while we still had errors in us we completed our sets and weren't prepared to let the Cowboys mince us on the right.

Funnily enough I heard an interesting stat on Saturday footy on ABC radio, apparently Cronulla are second for errors amongst the bottom 4 teams. While you should strive to make as little errors as possible, it's not necessarily an indicator of where you sit on the ladder.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 255 times
Been liked: 389 times

Unread post by Geo. » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 9:10 am

maxxy86 wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:I think we were better because Brookes was not there - if you don't mind It being said. The defence held up better. No kids stuff by Moses today for a change, just when was needed.
Very good point BBF but to think we did it without Brooks Taylor and Farah (3 creative ball players) I think the passive play fro JLJ is good as well. Also defensively without Taylor and Farah......How did we win that game!!!!
Coaches game plan...Smash the tripe out of the Cows...Executed Well..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

supercoach
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 91 times

Unread post by supercoach » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 9:42 am

Gary Bakerloo wrote:Kind of puts the learnings from style of play in the 8-0 loss to North Qld at Campbelltown last year into perspective.
Mate I was at the game and I do not think anyone could justify JT's game plan that night, it ranked as probably the worst game I have ever seen, but I get your point that the team did have to learn how to grind out a win

Knuckles
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by Knuckles » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 6:23 pm

Gary Bakerloo wrote:Kind of puts the learnings from style of play in the 8-0 loss to North Qld at Campbelltown last year into perspective.
The learning from that night is five one outs and a bomb is no formula for success .... Thankfully our coach learnt from defeat. Unfortunately those that went had to endure.

Return to “Round 22: Wests Tigers vs North Queensland Cowboys”