Now that's what I call a grind

maxxy86
Member
Member
Posts: 1661
Joined: Fri 04 Mar, 2011 11:54 am

Now that's what I call a grind

Post by maxxy86 » Sun 07 Aug, 2016 11:29 pm

I think this is the first time in a long time that we really got into the grind with an opposition. Was just a great game by everyone today and for 80 minutes.
Tough thing maybe is backing it up against the Titans. We are on what could be the start of a roll.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:


gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5690
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Sun 07 Aug, 2016 11:35 pm

Yeah we need to back it up next week but I'm confident we will. It's been a while since we havn't turned up to play. A trait we used to see regularly.

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4987
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 07 Aug, 2016 11:49 pm

I think we were better because Brookes was not there - if you don't mind It being said. The defence held up better. No kids stuff by Moses today for a change, just when was needed.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

trumper
Member
Member
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed 21 Mar, 2012 6:50 pm

Post by trumper » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 2:50 am

Where is all the hatred for coach Taylor's disgusting decision to drop Farah?

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29697
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 5:54 am

maxxy86 wrote:I think this is the first time in a long time that we really got into the grind with an opposition. Was just a great game by everyone today and for 80 minutes.
Tough thing maybe is backing it up against the Titans. We are on what could be the start of a roll.
It may be very difficult backing it up next week, that would have taken a lot out of us


Knuckles
Member
Member
Posts: 2811
Joined: Wed 15 Jul, 2009 10:11 am

Post by Knuckles » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 7:06 am

After a golden point draw against Cronulla and a tough match against the Warriors, they might have trouble backing up next week as well.

stevetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5111
Joined: Mon 25 Feb, 2013 7:59 am

Post by stevetiger » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 7:48 am

trumper wrote:Where is all the hatred for coach Taylor's disgusting decision to drop Farah?
I still think it's disgusting and I still think Robbie should be playing and we are a better team with him there.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29697
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 8:05 am

Knuckles wrote:After a golden point draw against Cronulla and a tough match against the Warriors, they might have trouble backing up next week as well.
True.. Let's hope so

User avatar
Love the WestsTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 3223
Joined: Wed 21 Jul, 2010 12:03 pm
Location: Ex Ctown Resident Now Qlander

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 8:10 am

My summary is more a scramble than a grind BUT who cares when you walk away with the 2 points. Im certainly not complaining

On the topic of Defence: Moses was a mad man, tackling anything that moved. Brook sitting on the side line should have taken some notes

Really hard to fault the effort from the team, only gripe was a couple of lapses they had being tired when the cows cut through like hot knife through butter.. One led to a try and i think the other 2 lines breaks that put us under pressure deep on our line

tigerap
Member
Member
Posts: 2396
Joined: Tue 06 Oct, 2015 10:08 pm

Post by tigerap » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 8:16 am

innsaneink wrote:
maxxy86 wrote:I think this is the first time in a long time that we really got into the grind with an opposition. Was just a great game by everyone today and for 80 minutes.
Tough thing maybe is backing it up against the Titans. We are on what could be the start of a roll.
It may be very difficult backing it up next week, that would have taken a lot out of us
The contrary, we had more possession then them, we should be pumped by that performance going into our next 3 games....3 games that are against opponents that we are fighting for a top 8 berth with...our finals destiny is in our our hands now!.

NT Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3174
Joined: Sun 28 Apr, 2013 9:00 am
Location: Sitting in front of the computer (again)

Post by NT Tiger » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 8:40 am

stevetiger wrote:
trumper wrote:Where is all the hatred for coach Taylor's disgusting decision to drop Farah?
I still think it's disgusting and I still think Robbie should be playing and we are a better team with him there.
My team is called Wests Tigers. By supporting that team it means I support the individuals selected to play in that team. By default that means I support the coach's decision to not select people for the team. Win or lose.
After a great win where the entire team is obviously playing for each other, the people not selected are irrelevant.
"Quality Stupidity"

Gary Bakerloo
Member
Member
Posts: 2463
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 8:44 am

Kind of puts the learnings from style of play in the 8-0 loss to North Qld at Campbelltown last year into perspective.

Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 4140
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 8:50 am

It's always been said fix our RHS defence and we'll be tough to beat.
Our defence through the middle as been good all year.
in Ivan we distrust

maxxy86
Member
Member
Posts: 1661
Joined: Fri 04 Mar, 2011 11:54 am

Post by maxxy86 » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 9:00 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:I think we were better because Brookes was not there - if you don't mind It being said. The defence held up better. No kids stuff by Moses today for a change, just when was needed.
Very good point BBF but to think we did it without Brooks Taylor and Farah (3 creative ball players) I think the passive play fro JLJ is good as well. Also defensively without Taylor and Farah......How did we win that game!!!!
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 18316
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 9:06 am

Without getting into a slinging match, credit to JT for getting the boys ready for this one. We never let them into the game, and while we still had errors in us we completed our sets and weren't prepared to let the Cowboys mince us on the right.

Funnily enough I heard an interesting stat on Saturday footy on ABC radio, apparently Cronulla are second for errors amongst the bottom 4 teams. While you should strive to make as little errors as possible, it's not necessarily an indicator of where you sit on the ladder.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29872
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 9:10 am

maxxy86 wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:I think we were better because Brookes was not there - if you don't mind It being said. The defence held up better. No kids stuff by Moses today for a change, just when was needed.
Very good point BBF but to think we did it without Brooks Taylor and Farah (3 creative ball players) I think the passive play fro JLJ is good as well. Also defensively without Taylor and Farah......How did we win that game!!!!
Coaches game plan...Smash the tripe out of the Cows...Executed Well..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 7205
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by supercoach » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 9:42 am

Gary Bakerloo wrote:Kind of puts the learnings from style of play in the 8-0 loss to North Qld at Campbelltown last year into perspective.
Mate I was at the game and I do not think anyone could justify JT's game plan that night, it ranked as probably the worst game I have ever seen, but I get your point that the team did have to learn how to grind out a win

Knuckles
Member
Member
Posts: 2811
Joined: Wed 15 Jul, 2009 10:11 am

Post by Knuckles » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 6:23 pm

Gary Bakerloo wrote:Kind of puts the learnings from style of play in the 8-0 loss to North Qld at Campbelltown last year into perspective.
The learning from that night is five one outs and a bomb is no formula for success .... Thankfully our coach learnt from defeat. Unfortunately those that went had to endure.

Post Reply