First Grade Live Game Thread *Contains TV Spoilers*

ron burgandy

Re: First Grade Live Game Thread *Contains TV Spoilers*

Post by ron burgandy » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 7:05 pm

southerntiger wrote:
ron burgandy wrote:
southerntiger wrote:Senex my "despite of" comment was a bit harsh. But the point I wanted to make was Tim wasnt decisive to our victory, not that we were carrying him so much.

I do reiterate that people expect too little from Tim. i think I have a higher opinion of him than you all do because you are relegating him to a very small role in our team.

with farah and marshall there what exactly are you expecting? IMO hes doing a similar role to what ben roberts was doing for the dogs last year, and what hornby does at the dragons, i dont think you should be expecting thurston or prince like performances with farah and marshall in the team
You're basically saying that we could put any gumby (say Robson) in the 7. Tim is a better player than that.
so a new zealand 5/8th and a former nsw origin player are gumbys now? hes filling a role beautifully, im not expecting 4 try assists out of him each week, the role hes doing at the moment is consistantly winning us games something morris and lui havent been able to do
"Just let the haters hate"

shout out to kul and the rest of the admin and mods

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 7:05 pm

The defensive combination with Ayshford was off at the start of the game. Normally they read each other very well, normally Moltzen defends outside Ayshford though. I don't know why that changed as it was very effective

senexx

Post by senexx » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 7:07 pm

Geez Smeg, I am going to have pay a lot more attention to your running commentary. I think you've been spot on with everything you have said today.
Courage in my Blood
And Stripes across My Heart
- senex tigris

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 7:07 pm

Illek wrote:@ Ron

At one stage moltzen made a very poor defensive read. He came out of the line and took no one. This left a opening in the line which the raiders ran through and scored.

Today was moltzens worst game at half. If you are happy with his performance today you are seting the bar way too low. The kid has way too much talent to accept his performance as a good one. We need to expect more from him as he is a much more talented player than he has shown us this year.
i can point out lawrence fulton payten and gibbs who all rushed out of the lines aswell leading to breaks and tries, our defence as a whole in the first half was atroshious, no communication it seemed.

to pick out moltzen is unfair when there were worse offenders then him, and im not saying today was a stella game, im saying it was a solid game he did nothing wrong and was our only penetraiting ball player in the first half

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by southerntiger » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 7:09 pm

ron burgandy wrote:the role hes doing at the moment is consistantly winning us games something morris and lui havent been able to do
This is my whole problem. This is the thing I really dont agree with. Tim had nothing to do with our victory in the last two games.

BTW I would love for Tim to be as useful as Hornby has been at his best. I havent seen that.

My gumby comment wasnt referring to the players you mentioned but rather the bit-part role you want for Tim.

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 7:12 pm

gumby would look great in a raiders jersy lol.... thats the visiion i had when i seen gumby mentioned .....

TheSunTanSuperman

Post by TheSunTanSuperman » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 7:12 pm

Golden wrote:well wont be watching this game on 9 have to find a movie to watch now
What movie did you end up watching??

I love this guy. Comes on the forum during the live call, spends the whole time making stupid comments and calling the game as a loss after 15 minutes, yet more often than not ends up looking like a goose come full time.

AND HE DOES IT EVERY WEEK!

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 7:15 pm

TheSunTanSuperman wrote:
Golden wrote:well wont be watching this game on 9 have to find a movie to watch now
What movie did you end up watching??

I love this guy. Comes on the forum during the live call, spends the whole time making stupid comments and calling the game as a loss after 15 minutes, yet more often than not ends up looking like a goose come full time.

AND HE DOES IT EVERY WEEK!
GOLDEN is PURELY GOLDEN ... AND WE WOULDNT HAVE IT ANY OTHER WAY .........

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by southerntiger » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 7:17 pm

This week I enjoyed Golden's comments. He seemed more moderate than in the past.

Illek

Post by Illek » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 7:18 pm

ron burgandy wrote:
Illek wrote:@ Ron

At one stage moltzen made a very poor defensive read. He came out of the line and took no one. This left a opening in the line which the raiders ran through and scored.

Today was moltzens worst game at half. If you are happy with his performance today you are seting the bar way too low. The kid has way too much talent to accept his performance as a good one. We need to expect more from him as he is a much more talented player than he has shown us this year.
i can point out lawrence fulton payten and gibbs who all rushed out of the lines aswell leading to breaks and tries, our defence as a whole in the first half was atroshious, no communication it seemed.

to pick out moltzen is unfair when there were worse offenders then him, and im not saying today was a stella game, im saying it was a solid game he did nothing wrong and was our only penetraiting ball player in the first half
I'm not singling moltzen out. You specifically asked to point out one fault with his game today. Just answering your request.

Suzie-Q

Post by Suzie-Q » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 7:31 pm

southerntiger wrote:This week I enjoyed Golden's comments. He seemed more moderate than in the past.
I love it when Golden comes on and gets all negative - it usually leads to a tigers win! Maybe it's his tactic? ;)

Magpie69

Post by Magpie69 » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 7:37 pm

Everybody should take a pill, WE WON, and we move on. Everybody cant be MOM every week. lets start thinking about the cowgirls next week

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by southerntiger » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 7:39 pm

Magpie69 no need for pills. I hope you're not suggesting that simply because we won means we should keep the same side irrespective of how the players actually performed.

I am not suggesting that the side should change, just that a win should not stop us from critically analysing the boys' performance.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 9:16 pm

ron burgandy wrote:so a new zealand 5/8th and a former nsw origin player are gumbys now? hes filling a role beautifully, im not expecting 4 try assists out of him each week, the role hes doing at the moment is consistantly winning us games something morris and lui havent been able to do
Ron, your living in the past. Lui, Morris would of looked great today. What is it you think Moltzen's Job is??? He is wearing the 7 you know??!!!

One more wewek and if Tim doesnt improve, he needs to be shifted. Where? I'm not sure, but I'm always a fan of a good attacking option at 14??!!!

Blake lazarus deserves more respect than sitting in the cold waiting for a guy who 'played well last year' to stuff up. LMFAO.... Tim probably has only won 1 game for the Tiger in his 2.5 years history at the club. But I'm somewhat lost as to why he is regardeded as the next Darren Lockyer???
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 9:40 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
ron burgandy wrote:so a new zealand 5/8th and a former nsw origin player are gumbys now? hes filling a role beautifully, im not expecting 4 try assists out of him each week, the role hes doing at the moment is consistantly winning us games something morris and lui havent been able to do
Ron, your living in the past. Lui, Morris would of looked great today. What is it you think Moltzen's Job is??? He is wearing the 7 you know??!!!

One more wewek and if Tim doesnt improve, he needs to be shifted. Where? I'm not sure, but I'm always a fan of a good attacking option at 14??!!!

Blake lazarus deserves more respect than sitting in the cold waiting for a guy who 'played well last year' to stuff up. LMFAO.... Tim probably has only won 1 game for the Tiger in his 2.5 years history at the club. But I'm somewhat lost as to why he is regardeded as the next Darren Lockyer???

so you have a lazarus agenda i see

1 try assist
2 line break assists
15 tackles made
2 missed
5 runs

go over the other halfbacks stats from this round and tell me how moltzs "poor" game weighs up

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 9:50 pm

ron burgandy wrote:so you have a lazarus agenda i see

1 try assist
2 line break assists
15 tackles made
2 missed
5 runs

go over the other halfbacks stats from this round and tell me how moltzs "poor" game weighs up
No Ron, I dont have a Lazarus Agenda.

I have a halfback Agenda. You know, the same problem we have had at the club since 2006. Moltzen is running back, not a halfback and it about time this club realised we need to spend money to get a halfback that not only has potential talent, but has the confidence to 'over-rule' the likes of Robbie Farah and Benji Marshall.

The quicker the 'dumb fans' realise this, the quicker we will make our way from pretenders to contenders...

Moltzen is a poor performer, but because some folks like him, he is a must in this team. Moltzen wouldnt get a start at most NRL clubs...
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 9:54 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
ron burgandy wrote:so you have a lazarus agenda i see

1 try assist
2 line break assists
15 tackles made
2 missed
5 runs

No Ron, I dont have a Lazarus Agenda.

I have a halfback Agenda. You know, the same problem we have had at the club since 2006. Moltzen is running back, not a halfback and it about time this club realised we need to spend money to get a halfback that not only has potential talent, but has the confidence to 'over-rule' the likes of Robbie Farah and Benji Marshall.

The quicker the 'dumb fans' realise this, the quicker we will make our way from pretenders to contenders...

Moltzen is a poor performer, but because some folks like him, he is a must in this team. Moltzen wouldnt get a start at most NRL clubs...

so you have a problem with us having a 100% win ratio with moltz in the halves? and we have a "halfback" he wears the number 6, he got 2 try assists and 3 linebreak assists today, moltx compliments benji and the team well, hes doing the job asked and sheens sees him as an important part of the team based on post match comments

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 10:05 pm

ron burgandy wrote:so you have a problem with us having a 100% win ratio with moltz in the halves? and we have a "halfback" he wears the number 6, he got 2 try assists and 3 linebreak assists today, moltx compliments benji and the team well, hes doing the job asked and sheens sees him as an important part of the team based on post match comments
Ron, stick to selling 'Doubles' at the game...