First Grade Live Game Thread *Contains TV Spoilers*

ron burgandy
Member
Member
Posts: 1711
Joined: Thu 04 Feb, 2010 4:24 pm

Re: First Grade Live Game Thread *Contains TV Spoilers*

Post by ron burgandy » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 6:03 pm

southerntiger wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:My only concern is our defence. Just can't afford to give so many points away, against better sides that will cripple us.

Good to see Farah stepping up with Benji a bit quieter today.
Our defence is a concern. I think we also need to get more value from our number 7. He wasnt very involved this week and that makes it two weeks in a row. I am a bit overly critical of the bloke (mainly to balance out the hysteria here) but an objective analysis says we need more from him.
moltzen was the only one penetraiting in the first half, put a couple players through holes only for them to drop, it was an all round bad performance today if we were playing storm or dragons today we would of been pumped by 50
"Just let the haters hate"

shout out to kul and the rest of the admin and mods


User avatar
prattenpark
Member
Member
Posts: 933
Joined: Tue 02 Mar, 2010 4:02 pm

Post by prattenpark » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 6:03 pm

It's the kind of game we would have ended up losing last year. We didn't play well but won. Yay

User avatar
farahfan
Member
Member
Posts: 228
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 5:27 pm

Post by farahfan » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 6:08 pm

they cant keep doing this.. making me swear my head off one half and cheer in the second
feeling like a schizo

fifita is a BEAST and flanagan will develop into a great impact player off the bench

User avatar
senexx
Member
Member
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 12:39 pm
Contact:

Post by senexx » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 6:08 pm

smeghead wrote:God the radio makes it seem like we are having to get off the tackled player immediatley to avoid being penalised.

The opposite certainly isn't the case
EXACTLY!

I noted this on the telecast.
Courage in my Blood
And Stripes across My Heart
- senex tigris

southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4381
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by southerntiger » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 6:09 pm

ron burgandy wrote:
moltzen was the only one penetraiting in the first half, put a couple players through holes only for them to drop, it was an all round bad performance today if we were playing storm or dragons today we would of been pumped by 50
Ron I am basing my comments on the radio broadcast. I will review my opinion after watching the game. I should note that Moltzen's stats for the game arent pretty and do not not suggest he put a couple of players through holes.


User avatar
senexx
Member
Member
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 12:39 pm
Contact:

Post by senexx » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 6:10 pm

smeghead wrote:Farah makes a break, put into touch. Sheesh no patience
Commentators on TV complain that the rest of the team wasn't backing him up. Even if they were, they couldn't have got pass the wall of Canberra so the pass wouldn't have been on anyone. Stupid Gus.
Courage in my Blood
And Stripes across My Heart
- senex tigris

User avatar
senexx
Member
Member
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 12:39 pm
Contact:

Post by senexx » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 6:12 pm

smeghead wrote:Marshall? drops ball 15 our side from half way.

We have the breeze to which is scary
You're commenting on all the key plays. It was a crap pass that should never have been thrown.
Courage in my Blood
And Stripes across My Heart
- senex tigris

User avatar
senexx
Member
Member
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 12:39 pm
Contact:

Post by senexx » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 6:15 pm

southerntiger wrote:
Zaibatsu wrote:Boys haven't turned up to play yet again, the myth sheens isn't to blame in the least though ofcorse
Who has ever said that?

I think this game has destroyed the myth that Moltzen not being selected at 7 cost us a finals spot last year. Cant have it both ways boys.
I wonder what you're thinking now.
Courage in my Blood
And Stripes across My Heart
- senex tigris

southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4381
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by southerntiger » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 6:17 pm

My view hasnt changed at all or did I listen to a different game???

We won once again despite having Tim at 7 not because of.

Illek
Member
Member
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 7:42 pm

Post by Illek » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 6:21 pm

southerntiger wrote:
ron burgandy wrote:
moltzen was the only one penetraiting in the first half, put a couple players through holes only for them to drop, it was an all round bad performance today if we were playing storm or dragons today we would of been pumped by 50
Ron I am basing my comments on the radio broadcast. I will review my opinion after watching the game. I should note that Moltzen's stats for the game arent pretty and do not not suggest he put a couple of players through holes.
I couldnt disagree more with you Ron. Moltzen was non existent in attack and made numerous defensive errors. This was easily his worst game in the #7. I also agree with southern that we are setting the bar too low for moltzen. He is an exremely talented kid yet this board seems to think that it's acceptable when he plays at half his talent and is a passenger. Lui has the other view from the board and has the bar set too high. You all expect him to be a game breaker.

Moltzen should be our half but he needs to improve his game dramatically and play to his potential. I think some of the moltzen supporters need to take their rose coloured glasses off and stop blindly praising him. He is probably the best halfback option but he isn't playing at that standard yet. Hopefully in time he will

ron burgandy
Member
Member
Posts: 1711
Joined: Thu 04 Feb, 2010 4:24 pm

Post by ron burgandy » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 6:22 pm

southerntiger wrote:
ron burgandy wrote:
moltzen was the only one penetraiting in the first half, put a couple players through holes only for them to drop, it was an all round bad performance today if we were playing storm or dragons today we would of been pumped by 50
Ron I am basing my comments on the radio broadcast. I will review my opinion after watching the game. I should note that Moltzen's stats for the game arent pretty and do not not suggest he put a couple of players through holes.

he put 2 players through hole from what i watched
"Just let the haters hate"

shout out to kul and the rest of the admin and mods

tiger tigers
Member
Member
Posts: 981
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:49 am

Post by tiger tigers » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 6:22 pm

southerntiger wrote:My view hasnt changed at all or did I listen to a different game???

We won once again despite having Tim at 7 not because of.
gee southern your like a little terrier that wont let go of his bone... ....its just a fact we play better as a team when moltz plays 7 ....and not 1 .....all comentators try to talk the game up to make it exciting ... the only true feeling is live at the game.imho

ron burgandy
Member
Member
Posts: 1711
Joined: Thu 04 Feb, 2010 4:24 pm

Post by ron burgandy » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 6:25 pm

tiger tigers wrote:
southerntiger wrote:My view hasnt changed at all or did I listen to a different game???

We won once again despite having Tim at 7 not because of.
gee southern your like a little terrier that wont let go of his bone... ....its just a fact we play better as a team when moltz plays 7 ....and not 1 .....all comentators try to talk the game up to make it exciting ... the only true feeling is live at the game.imho

yep and with beau really excelling at fullback i dont think lui will push his way back into the 7
"Just let the haters hate"

shout out to kul and the rest of the admin and mods

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10825
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns

Post by stryker » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 6:26 pm

Southern talks "theories" based on what he hears from the computer on the other side of the world.
Moltzen not in the 7 we lose our last two.

southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4381
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by southerntiger » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 6:27 pm

TT,

Yeh I am a bit persistent with this one. I am not sure what commentators talking up a game has to do with Tim's game. I will review it after I watch the video. My feeling is that my view wont change.

I actually support Tim at 7 but want him held accountable in that position. At the moment is playing at the same level of Jeff Robson - busted.

southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4381
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by southerntiger » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 6:28 pm

stryker wrote:Southern talks "theories" based on what he hears from the computer on the other side of the world.
Moltzen not in the 7 we lose our last two.
Good work Stryker. Clever analysis from you as usual. You have nothing so you criticise the fact I live outside of Australia.

You're a champ.

BTW I have seen every Tigers game for the past 8 seasons. I travelled home last year and saw 4 games at the ground. Two of those were during the 5/5 run.

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10825
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns

Post by stryker » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 6:30 pm

southerntiger wrote:
moltzen was the only one penetraiting in the first half, put a couple players through holes only for them to drop, it was an all round bad performance today if we were playing storm or dragons today we would of been pumped by 50
Ron I am basing my comments on the radio broadcast. I will review my opinion after watching the game. I should note that Moltzen's stats for the game arent pretty and do not not suggest he put a couple of players through holes.[/quote]


What on earth are you arguing for if you havn't even watched the game? Fair dinkum troublemaker.

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10825
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns

Post by stryker » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 6:32 pm

southerntiger wrote:
stryker wrote:Southern talks "theories" based on what he hears from the computer on the other side of the world.
Moltzen not in the 7 we lose our last two.
Good work Stryker. Clever analysis from you as usual. You have nothing so you criticise the fact I live outside of Australia.

You're a champ.

BTW I have seen every Tigers game for the past 8 seasons. I travelled home last year and saw 4 games at the ground. Two of those were during the 5/5 run.
Good on you, you manage to watch the games on tv.

Post Reply