First Grade Live Game Thread *Contains TV Spoilers*

ron burgandy

Re: First Grade Live Game Thread *Contains TV Spoilers*

Post by ron burgandy » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 6:33 pm

southerntiger wrote:TT,

Yeh I am a bit persistent with this one. I am not sure what commentators talking up a game has to do with Tim's game. I will review it after I watch the video. My feeling is that my view wont change.

I actually support Tim at 7 but want him held accountable in that position. At the moment is playing at the same level of Jeff Robson - busted.

ok he is playing alot better then robson, which granted isnt hard but hes doing whats required of him he isnt stifuling our attack gives early ball when required runs at the right time and the nice move he did in the first half to put ellis or heigno through a hole was sweet. hes a good player ST, you gotta get with it
"Just let the haters hate"

shout out to kul and the rest of the admin and mods

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 6:33 pm

stryker wrote:
southerntiger wrote:
moltzen was the only one penetraiting in the first half, put a couple players through holes only for them to drop, it was an all round bad performance today if we were playing storm or dragons today we would of been pumped by 50
Ron I am basing my comments on the radio broadcast. I will review my opinion after watching the game. I should note that Moltzen's stats for the game arent pretty and do not not suggest he put a couple of players through holes.

What on earth are you arguing for if you havn't even watched the game? Fair dinkum troublemaker.[/quote]

:roll: :roll: Okay mate. Am i wrong? No one apart from Ron seems to be suggesting Tim had a good game. His stats for the game are pathetic.

Yep I am a troublemaker ;)

Mighty Tiger

Post by Mighty Tiger » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 6:36 pm

southerntiger wrote:My view hasnt changed at all or did I listen to a different game???

We won once again despite having Tim at 7 not because of.
Give the kid a break, he didn't do anything wrong today, the 1st half was really our only creative option short passes and taking the line on creating a few half holes for players, even sent some through holes, in the 2nd he feed the ball on, supported when a line break occured and chimed around the general direction of play.

He played a part in a few of our tries today, the lead up to the Fulton try by sending Gibbs through, the Farah try by backing up Brown and passing to Farah, he backed up all day.

With Farah and Marshall running the show the last thing we need is a 3rd guy to try and run the ship, we need a mediator around the play and Moltz is proving just that. He is doing his job and as such his results at halfback speak for its self as do the teams.

BTW how good is Ryan at fullback, thought again today he was very good

senexx

Post by senexx » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 6:37 pm

Marshall_magic wrote:Good win, but not a good game, deserved to lose it. Hopefully they don't get too cocky about it.
I agree that it was not a good game but not sure that we deserved to lose it. There was a lot of holding down from the Raiders in the first half that went unpenalised. The converse was not true.
Courage in my Blood
And Stripes across My Heart
- senex tigris

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 6:38 pm

Yeh I am a bit persistent with this one. I am not sure what commentators talking up a game has to do with Tim's game. I will review it after I watch the video. My feeling is that my view wont change.

I actually support Tim at 7 but want him held accountable in that position. At the moment is playing at the same level of Jeff Robson - busted.
jeff robson isnt a first grader for starters .... parra hide him in defence and he still gets run over 5 plus times a game . in todays game a few players were at first reciever at different parts of the game ....i just feel we play better when moltz is up in the line .. but you are entitled to your opinion and i can respect that ....

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 6:40 pm

tiger tigers wrote:

jeff robson isnt a first grader for starters .... parra hide him in defence and he still gets run over 5 plus times a game . in todays game a few players were at first reciever at different parts of the game ....i just feel we play better when moltz is up in the line .. but you are entitled to your opinion and i can respect that ....
TT I dont disgaree with anything you say. i want Tim at 7 but I dont think its harsh to say that he wasnt involved enough in his last two performances. The Robson comparison was a bit harsh.
Last edited by southerntiger on Sun 04 Apr, 2010 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

senexx

Post by senexx » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 6:40 pm

smeghead wrote:It's 2 points with alot of players under ilness and sickness clouds.
On which side? Ours? Because last week I thought Marshall looked physically ill, this week Farah looked it, Fulton had a needle to get on the field, I think.
Courage in my Blood
- senex tigris

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 6:40 pm

southerntiger wrote:
stryker wrote:
southerntiger wrote:
moltzen was the only one penetraiting in the first half, put a couple players through holes only for them to drop, it was an all round bad performance today if we were playing storm or dragons today we would of been pumped by 50
Ron I am basing my comments on the radio broadcast. I will review my opinion after watching the game. I should note that Moltzen's stats for the game arent pretty and do not not suggest he put a couple of players through holes.

What on earth are you arguing for if you havn't even watched the game? Fair dinkum troublemaker.

:roll: :roll: Okay mate. Am i wrong? No one apart from Ron seems to be suggesting Tim had a good game. His stats for the game are pathetic.

Yep I am a troublemaker ;)[/quote]

he had a good game, i will challenge you to point out a bad part of his game today

senexx

Post by senexx » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 6:43 pm

southerntiger wrote:My view hasnt changed at all or did I listen to a different game???

Fair enough
Courage in my Blood
- senex tigris

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 6:43 pm

I cant contradict you Ron. As I said, my view may change completely after I watch the game. Stryker is right, to some degree, that its a bit foolish of me to base my view on a radio broadcast and stats.

To be clear, I still want Tim in the 7.

senexx

Post by senexx » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 6:46 pm

Mighty Tiger wrote:

Give the kid a break, he didn't do anything wrong today, the 1st half was really our only creative option short passes and taking the line on creating a few half holes for players, even sent some through holes, in the 2nd he feed the ball on, supported when a line break occured and chimed around the general direction of play.

He played a part in a few of our tries today, the lead up to the Fulton try by sending Gibbs through, the Farah try by backing up Brown and passing to Farah, he backed up all day.

With Farah and Marshall running the show the last thing we need is a 3rd guy to try and run the ship, we need a mediator around the play and Moltz is proving just that. He is doing his job and as such his results at halfback speak for its self as do the teams.

BTW how good is Ryan at fullback, thought again today he was very good
I think that's a fair comment too but I think we should ease up on Southern too, as he was responding to a question/comment that I asked.
Courage in my Blood
- senex tigris

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 6:50 pm

Senex my "despite of" comment was a bit harsh. But the point I wanted to make was Tim wasnt decisive to our victory, not that we were carrying him so much.

I do reiterate that people expect too little from Tim. i think I have a higher opinion of him than you all do because you are relegating him to a very small role in our team.
Last edited by southerntiger on Sun 04 Apr, 2010 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kul

Post by Kul » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 6:50 pm

calm down guys
just take a few deep breaths before posting
Founder - WestsTigersForum.com

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 6:53 pm

Kul wrote:calm down guys
just take a few deep breaths before posting
o kul we are calm ..... its called good honest debate ....dont worry kul if the losses come youll see the mood change ...lol....
its great that we are seeing the game differently , and having opinions .....it would be a boring place if we all agreed all the time .....

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 6:55 pm

TT agree. We actually probably dont see it that differently.

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 6:59 pm

southerntiger wrote:Senex my "despite of" comment was a bit harsh. But the point I wanted to make was Tim wasnt decisive to our victory, not that we were carrying him so much.

I do reiterate that people expect too little from Tim. i think I have a higher opinion of him than you all do because you are relegating him to a very small role in our team.

with farah and marshall there what exactly are you expecting? IMO hes doing a similar role to what ben roberts was doing for the dogs last year, and what hornby does at the dragons, i dont think you should be expecting thurston or prince like performances with farah and marshall in the team

Illek

Post by Illek » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 7:00 pm

@ Ron

At one stage moltzen made a very poor defensive read. He came out of the line and took no one. This left a opening in the line which the raiders ran through and scored.

Today was moltzens worst game at half. If you are happy with his performance today you are seting the bar way too low. The kid has way too much talent to accept his performance as a good one. We need to expect more from him as he is a much more talented player than he has shown us this year.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 7:01 pm

ron burgandy wrote:
southerntiger wrote:Senex my "despite of" comment was a bit harsh. But the point I wanted to make was Tim wasnt decisive to our victory, not that we were carrying him so much.

with farah and marshall there what exactly are you expecting? IMO hes doing a similar role to what ben roberts was doing for the dogs last year, and what hornby does at the dragons, i dont think you should be expecting thurston or prince like performances with farah and marshall in the team
You're basically saying that we could put any gumby (say Robson) in the 7. Tim is a better player than that.