Fitzy - what the??

tiger tigers

Re: Fitzy - what the??

Post by tiger tigers » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 7:05 pm

ron burgandy wrote:
supercoach wrote:Next week in the tropics, hot and humid we probably need a quick mobile bench. Sheens will stick with Fitzy at least for next week

hes been used for a combined 8 minute in 3 games off the bench, surely would be better off giving that time to another forward or blooding another U20s prop.
sheens sees him as an insurance policy if one of the playmakers get injured ... thats how i see it ......

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 7:05 pm

Ken I like Willie on the bench too. We have a lot of other bench options this year which makes the continued use of Fitzy even more frustrating.

benjibrotown

Post by benjibrotown » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 7:10 pm

I think the reason why he doesnt put Tamuata on the bench is because he doesnt want him only playing 3 minutes of football per week. Arana is only a young bloke and having him playing absoloutly no footy every week would be silly.

Leroy The Tigers Fan

Post by Leroy The Tigers Fan » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 7:24 pm

[quote="Balmain Bug"]Sheens selections have really let the team down over the years.

We need someone like Pritchard on the wing instead of Mitch Brown for a start. Brown has zero spark.

'Zero spark', he was involved in the movement that saw Robbie score a vital try, I think Brown ran 30 to 40 metres before off loading, lesser players would have choked.

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 7:26 pm

i think browns games have been solid .....i wasnt happy with his initial selection, b ut i have been happy with what i have seen so far ....

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 7:26 pm

I am not sure that Brown is the answer. But he seems a pretty composed and mature footballer even if he doesnt have the "spark" required.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 7:48 pm

Sheens team selections have killed us over the years but imo he has got it right so far this season.

Fitzy on the bench provides good cover and we don't have to use him. It is a non issue that everyone is getting worked up about.

So far everything is going good. Fifita has made a huge difference. Flanagan & Fulton have both been real good off the bench.

We have won 3 out of 4. I might be complaining if we had lost 3 out of 4 but we haven't.

Magpie69

Post by Magpie69 » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 7:50 pm

Every week Tim says that Royce runs the interchange ?? so why are you guys on Tims case ???

Ken Y

Post by Ken Y » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 7:54 pm

Magpie69 wrote:Every week Tim says that Royce runs the interchange ?? so why are you guys on Tims case ???
CAUSE it is about TEAM selection not rotation ?
Quality over quantity....

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 7:57 pm

Magpie69 wrote:Every week Tim says that Royce runs the interchange ?? so why are you guys on Tims case ???
Tim is the head coach. The buck stops with him. If he lets Royce make these decisions then it is he who should be held to account.

MightyMaggy

Post by MightyMaggy » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 8:11 pm

I cannot understand the players selected on the bench, either. Why would you waste players on the bench, who do not get a game? We have many young, promising players, who should be getting some experience of the big time.

Bazzinator

Post by Bazzinator » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 8:20 pm

last year bennett was using only 15 players week in week out it just shows how fit the squad are and how much confidence that sheens has with the squad that he doesnt need to carry another bigger man when the players are doing the job. sure today we might have needed another forward through the middle but the boys got through it and WON the match, which is all that matters in the end. Doesn't matter how as long as it gets done

Ken Y

Post by Ken Y » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 8:38 pm

Bazzinator wrote:last year bennett was using only 15 players week in week out it just shows how fit the squad are and how much confidence that sheens has with the squad that he doesnt need to carry another bigger man when the players are doing the job. sure today we might have needed another forward through the middle but the boys got through it and WON the match, which is all that matters in the end. Doesn't matter how as long as it gets done
They finished as minor premiers - we finished 9th - whats your point
Quality over quantity....

maxpower

Post by maxpower » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 8:38 pm

Bazzinator wrote:last year bennett was using only 15 players week in week out it just shows how fit the squad are and how much confidence that sheens has with the squad that he doesnt need to carry another bigger man when the players are doing the job. sure today we might have needed another forward through the middle but the boys got through it and WON the match, which is all that matters in the end. Doesn't matter how as long as it gets done
agreed but then put some one with some potential on the bench (of which fitzy has none :( ) like taumata or mullaney or lazarus ....
WTFL

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 9:03 pm

It has certainly been strange the continued selcection of Fitzhenry. I don't think it will go on all season and if he got no minutes this week, he won't get any after you would think.

I thought Flanagan would have got more minutes too. He has become a valued member off the bench. I would play him in the centres if we have lost Ayshford. Someone needs to keep Tonga quiet.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 9:40 pm

It just seems we don't need the 4th benchie at the moment. Sounds stupid, but it doesn't seem to have mattered whether it was Fitzy or Mataka or Moors, we just didn't need an extra rotation.

The team finished firing on all cylinders today, it proves we weren't in need of another sub.

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 9:43 pm

jirskyr wrote:It just seems we don't need the 4th benchie at the moment. Sounds stupid, but it doesn't seem to have mattered whether it was Fitzy or Mataka or Moors, we just didn't need an extra rotation.

The team finished firing on all cylinders today, it proves we weren't in need of another sub.
just because some players play 80 minutes doesnt mean they should, you cant go wrong with having an extra forward on the bench
"Just let the haters hate"

shout out to kul and the rest of the admin and mods

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 9:52 pm

ron burgandy wrote:
jirskyr wrote:It just seems we don't need the 4th benchie at the moment. Sounds stupid, but it doesn't seem to have mattered whether it was Fitzy or Mataka or Moors, we just didn't need an extra rotation.

just because some players play 80 minutes doesnt mean they should, you cant go wrong with having an extra forward on the bench
Which means if we did lose someone like Ellis or Heighington, or both; we would be in a lot of trouble.