The Moltzen March continues!

ron burgandy

Re: The Moltzen March continues!

Post by ron burgandy » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 8:05 pm

southerntiger wrote:yeh I heard that. Didnt Lui put Ayshford away in Rd 1? You didnt seem to point that out at the time Ron. I am just asking for perspective when it comes to Tim's performances at 7. Should he be our 7, yes he should.

i like moltzen as a footballer, halfback is his position in this team and with beau playing really well at fullback, lui shouldnt get a walk up start, he hasnt earned it
"Just let the haters hate"

shout out to kul and the rest of the admin and mods

X-Pac

Post by X-Pac » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 8:17 pm

so everyone is happy with the kicking game ,yes ?ook? great than no more whinging about the tigers kicking game no more than :sign:

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 8:23 pm

ron burgandy wrote:
southerntiger wrote:yeh I heard that. Didnt Lui put Ayshford away in Rd 1? You didnt seem to point that out at the time Ron. I am just asking for perspective when it comes to Tim's performances at 7. Should he be our 7, yes he should.

i like moltzen as a footballer, halfback is his position in this team and with beau playing really well at fullback, lui shouldnt get a walk up start, he hasnt earned it

Exactly...

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 8:24 pm

Thats a different question to whether Tim has been playing well enough as our 7. I dont think he has but I have ALWAYS wanted him as our 7. I have simply said he isnt the walk up start that some of you think he is.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 8:29 pm

Kul wrote:He had a quiet game, but that doesn't matter!

Wests Tigers 8/8 with Molz in the 7!
If you like non match stats, I suppose thats ok. Would you back lotto on his stats... I doubt it!!!

Moltz was ordinary at best. Sheens wont change a winning team, so I suppose your love for Moltz has another week to live....

With Mitch Brown, Tim Moltzen are our weakest links...
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

X-Pac

Post by X-Pac » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 8:31 pm

stryker wrote:
ron burgandy wrote:

Exactly...
i guess if u wanna say that fifta hasnt earned it either
gower should be there he was state cup player of the year so he had earned it more than fifta

prattenpark

Post by prattenpark » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 8:32 pm

Yeah, it's 7 from 7, but in none of those 7 wins has Moltzen had a commanding role in our victory. I love the guy and am happy to keep him there for the moment. Lui will be a much better 7 when he matures. He runs at the line, has options. Lui and Marshall as a combination will be deadly, but not this year. Sheens himself has said he will not be rushing Lui - I suspect he will go back to Toyota Cup or the first grade bench when he's fit, barring other injuries of course.
I'm not sure what to do with Moltzen long term. He's a good player, but not a fullback, and IMHO, not our best future half back. Half back for the Central Coast Bears may be his best option long term - said in jest. lol

Blake93

Post by Blake93 » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 8:37 pm

prattenpark wrote:Yeah, it's 7 from 7, but in none of those 7 wins has Moltzen had a commanding role in our victory. I love the guy and am happy to keep him there for the moment. Lui will be a much better 7 when he matures. He runs at the line, has options. Lui and Marshall as a combination will be deadly, but not this year. Sheens himself has said he will not be rushing Lui - I suspect he will go back to Toyota Cup or the first grade bench when he's fit, barring other injuries of course.
I'm not sure what to do with Moltzen long term. He's a good player, but not a fullback, and IMHO, not our best future half back. Half back for the Central Coast Bears may be his best option long term - said in jest. lol

What about the game against canberra last year? He put in a man of the match performance.
He who is not everyday conquering some fear has not learnt the secret of life.

X-Pac

Post by X-Pac » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 8:38 pm

prattenpark wrote:Yeah, it's 7 from 7, but in none of those 7 wins has Moltzen had a commanding role in our victory. I love the guy and am happy to keep him there for the moment. Lui will be a much better 7 when he matures. He runs at the line, has options. Lui and Marshall as a combination will be deadly, but not this year. Sheens himself has said he will not be rushing Lui - I suspect he will go back to Toyota Cup or the first grade bench when he's fit, barring other injuries of course.
the big problem is moltzen and lui are both 5/8's i dunno if either of the 2 will have a future at the club with benji around

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 8:43 pm

Blakeeeeeee wrote:What about the game against canberra last year? He put in a man of the match performance.
if we look at last years stats, you will probably walk into a pole...

The fact is Moltz is really struggling. I'm not a fan of Moltz but I put him into my Fantasy Team hoping he will come good. After todays peformance, he is "a player who played well last year"...
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

maxpower

Post by maxpower » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 9:00 pm

Moltzen great not in fullback, playing 5/8 with 7 on his back :) in his natural position.
WTFL

mtd

Post by mtd » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 9:05 pm

moltzen is a gun. i dont think enough credit has been given to him as a result of our wins. his direction and ability with the ball is 2nd to none. if he keeps this up he should seriously be considered for nsw.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 9:06 pm

I will leave this one well alone.

X-Pac

Post by X-Pac » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 9:15 pm

mtd wrote:moltzen is a gun. i dont think enough credit has been given to him as a result of our wins. his direction and ability with the ball is 2nd to none. if he keeps this up he should seriously be considered for nsw.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 9:21 pm

Can Moltzen play centre and Lazarus play 1/2 ? if Ashford is injured.

prattenpark

Post by prattenpark » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 9:21 pm

I stand corrected, thanks Blakeee, i'm getting too old and my memories fading.

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 9:24 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Blakeeeeeee wrote:What about the game against canberra last year? He put in a man of the match performance.
if we look at last years stats, you will probably walk into a pole...

The fact is Moltz is really struggling. I'm not a fan of Moltz but I put him into my Fantasy Team hoping he will come good. After todays peformance, he is "a player who played well last year"...

today stats

1 try assist
2 line break assists
15 tackles
2 missed
1 off load
5 runs

if thats a bad game what do you define as average?
"Just let the haters hate"

shout out to kul and the rest of the admin and mods

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 04 Apr, 2010 9:27 pm

Ron you are as persistent as me on Timmy :) At the end of the day, I hope your right and my doubts are misconceived.