Where can this game be watched in Beijing??

krayola
Been liked: 3 times

Where can this game be watched in Beijing??

Unread post by krayola » Thu 11 Aug, 2016 2:42 am

Real random one I know but I'll be in Beijing for the next three weeks and want to catch the games.

The internet is too slow here to stream on the app. Anyone ever watched a game here or know of bars that show NRL in Beijing?

Any help much appreciated!

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 48 times

Unread post by formerguest » Thu 11 Aug, 2016 5:17 am

Just google John Ribot and then contact him for the address of one of the local Super League clubs. Well maybe not.

matchball
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by matchball » Thu 11 Aug, 2016 12:04 pm

Setanta sports televises it in Asia.
Find somewhere local that has the station on their cable.

Muffstar
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Muffstar » Thu 11 Aug, 2016 1:16 pm

I am in BJ atm and heading back to HK tonight, but I have a VPN connection back to AU and use Foxtel Go to watch the footy on my pc or iPad.

Sadly most places I have seen in BJ show soccer, I have not seen a bar showing Rugby at all. But will ask around for you.

DavidDuncan

Unread post by DavidDuncan » Thu 11 Aug, 2016 1:45 pm

if you are overseas you can use livestream to get the offical feed.
https://www.nrl.com/AbouttheGame/Broadc ... fault.aspx

You basically get the 9 or Fox coverage without the ads (it just goes to a blank screen or full field view when ads are on).
Remember the past. Live in the now. Plan for the future.

Agitator
Has liked: 1 time

Unread post by Agitator » Thu 11 Aug, 2016 8:43 pm

DavidDuncan wrote:if you are overseas you can use livestream to get the offical feed.
https://www.nrl.com/AbouttheGame/Broadc ... fault.aspx

You basically get the 9 or Fox coverage without the ads (it just goes to a blank screen or full field view when ads are on).
Thank you. You're a legend! I'm flying to New Caledonia in the morning and I was worried I would miss watching the Titans match. Again, thank you.
Agitator
"Enough Said"

krayola

Unread post by krayola » Thu 11 Aug, 2016 10:40 pm

Thanks so much for all the replies! Now I just gotta find a decent wifi connection :pray:

Bob
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Bob » Fri 12 Aug, 2016 6:15 am

I find the NRL live stream doesn't work due to licensing with sentana. I use rugby pass . Com and then there is no need for VPN. It has a free trial. Most decent hotels have sentana on their tv subscription but they rarely show anything live. I find if you have a shotty wifi in China if you go to the front desk and ask they will give you another wifi and code to use as many plans have a dual frequency thing which I don't understand but regardless the give you a better network to use

The Return

Unread post by The Return » Fri 12 Aug, 2016 6:19 pm

I lived in China for 5 years (2008-2013) and never once saw league, let alone the larger world game (rugby) on Chinese tv . If it isn't soccer, ping pong, badmitton or tennis (when a Chinese person is in the match) then it's not on Chinese tv, unless things have changed in the last few years since I left there.

I however did watch every league game for those 5 years on my laptop using streaming sites. They are deemed non kosher in Australia but not cared about at all in China. Open slather there mate, have at it.

DM me, i can give you a streaming site where you can watch every sporting event around the world, including pay per view live for free. Non invite BS just a straight up url. It works here in oz too, no need for a vpn.

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by southerntiger » Fri 12 Aug, 2016 8:20 pm

The Return wrote:I lived in China for 5 years (2008-2013) and never once saw league, let alone the larger world game (rugby) on Chinese tv . If it isn't soccer, ping pong, badmitton or tennis (when a Chinese person is in the match) then it's not on Chinese tv, unless things have changed in the last few years since I left there.

I however did watch every league game for those 5 years on my laptop using streaming sites. They are deemed non kosher in Australia but not cared about at all in China. Open slather there mate, have at it.

DM me, i can give you a streaming site where you can watch every sporting event around the world, including pay per view live for free. Non invite BS just a straight up url. It works here in oz too, no need for a vpn.

I lived in Beijing for a few years. Back then there were few pubs that showed league. Franks Place, The Den and Tims Texas BBQ. Knowing Beijing all of these bars may have closed down by now. Tims was a great place near the Silk Market.

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Defiant » Fri 12 Aug, 2016 8:59 pm

http://livestream.com

Click on the discover tab - Sports section - NRL. I didn't have to sign up when I used it overseas.

This is GEO blocked for any country that has rights to NRL otherwise legal to use elsewhere as far as i'm aware.

The Return

Unread post by The Return » Fri 12 Aug, 2016 9:13 pm

southerntiger wrote:
The Return wrote:I lived in China for 5 years (2008-2013) and never once saw league, let alone the larger world game (rugby) on Chinese tv . If it isn't soccer, ping pong, badmitton or tennis (when a Chinese person is in the match) then it's not on Chinese tv, unless things have changed in the last few years since I left there.

I lived in Beijing for a few years. Back then there were few pubs that showed league. Franks Place, The Den and Tims Texas BBQ. Knowing Beijing all of these bars may have closed down by now. Tims was a great place near the Silk Market.

Yeah sorry, I should have prefaced my dribble by saying I never lived in Beijing, so I'm not 100% sure on its bar life, I did however visit frequently and never saw a league game in any of the bars I ended up in and as you said, being China where most business come and go inside 18 months those bars are probably gone now anyways.

I lived in a couple of other major cities, Zhengzhou 10mil and Nanning 7 mil and never once saw it on there. I actually owned my own hotel in another city too and wasn't allowed by the local authorities to hook up cable to get international stations. Fought all types of crap in that place over the years, a fight over cable tv wasn't worth the energy. They couldn't stop me from streaming through my laptop to the bar tv though.

So my default position is to find a good enough internet connection and just watch it on the lappy using a streaming site. Buy a 9 pack of 660ml long neck beers for $4 from a corner store and watch it in your hotel room. Too easy.

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by southerntiger » Fri 12 Aug, 2016 9:21 pm

The Return wrote:
southerntiger wrote:

Yeah sorry, I should have prefaced my dribble by saying I never lived in Beijing, so I'm not 100% sure on its bar life, I did however visit frequently and never saw a league game in any of the bars I ended up in and as you said, being China where most business come and go inside 18 months those bars are probably gone now anyways.

I lived in a couple of other major cities, Zhengzhou 10mil and Nanning 7 mil and never once saw it on there. I actually owned my own hotel in another city too and wasn't allowed by the local authorities to hook up cable to get international stations. Fought all types of crap in that place over the years, a fight over cable tv wasn't worth the energy. They couldn't stop me from streaming through my laptop to the bar tv though.

So my default position is to find a good enough internet connection and just watch it on the lappy using a streaming site. Buy a 9 pack of 660ml long neck beers for $4 from a corner store and watch it in your hotel room. Too easy.
The Den and Franks Place were old ex pats haunts that had been around for years. Not very hip but they showed the footy. As you say, good chance they are gone.

Tim's Texas BBQ a new place opened circa 2010. I wouldnt be surprised if it is still around as it was a pretty decently run place and was building a good following when I left the 'Jing.

Took me 12 months to discover these places.

I only lived in Beijing but travelled around a bit. Doesn't surprise me you couldn't get anything in Nanjing. I have never been to Zhegnzhou. Worth going?
Last edited by southerntiger on Fri 12 Aug, 2016 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Return

Unread post by The Return » Fri 12 Aug, 2016 9:47 pm

Zhengzhou is worth going to if you don't have any desire for your lungs to last more then a few years, I saw the night sky about 3 times in 3 years! It's a large transport and business hub and nothing touristy. It is not somewhere i would recomened anyone to live. It is predicted and planned by the Chinese masterminds to be the largest metropolis in the world within the next 20 years, an estimated popultion of 65 million!!!! So I'm sure everyone in the world will know this cities name within the next decade or two.

The other city was Nanning, Guanxi provence and not Nanjing/Nanking. Nanning was a much better place to live then ZZhou but still off the beaten track. A better bar nightlife in Nanning, the local government spent a lot of money doing up a river front bar area, so I appreciated and frequented that area a fair bit, saw about 10 laowei my whole time in Nanning.

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by southerntiger » Fri 12 Aug, 2016 9:49 pm

Sounds like an awesome experience. I loved getting off the beaten track but didnt get much of a chance to do it when I was over there.

Return to “Round 23: Wests Tigers vs Gold Coast Titans”