Proud, disappointed, sad

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 138 times

Proud, disappointed, sad

Unread post by innsaneink » Sat 13 Aug, 2016 5:25 pm

Still very proud of our team today despite being disappointed with the result and what happened to Teddy....but jesus this is a loss thats hard to cop

The attitude in the team is growing week by week, although we were a bit flat today as I mentioned thru the week, I thought the Cowboys game would take a fair bit out of us....the attitude was excellent but the execution not so. Proud to see them come back and nearly snatch a win late in the game

I feel for teddy....poor bloke will be in a lot of pain right now, we all love you mate, get well soon

Tigerdave
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 21 times

Unread post by Tigerdave » Sat 13 Aug, 2016 5:28 pm

Yeah I think in years gone by, had we lost someone like Teddy during the game, we would have thrown in the towel. Really surprised we came back and nearly won it.

westTAHger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 19 times

Unread post by westTAHger » Sat 13 Aug, 2016 5:32 pm

innsaneink wrote:Still very proud of our team today despite being disappointed with the result and what happened to Teddy....but jesus this is a loss thats hard to cop

The attitude in the team is growing week by week, although we were a bit flat today as I mentioned thru the week, I thought the Cowboys game would take a fair bit out of us....the attitude was excellent but the execution not so. Proud to see them come back and nearly snatch a win late in the game

I feel for teddy....poor bloke will be in a lot of pain right now, we all love you mate, get well soon
I agree, gave it their all. That's all we can hope for. Even though it sucks, that the Titans, won, the team the team can hold their head up high.
Would rather this performance, than then getting a butt whipping, like the Canberra game earlier in the season.
Re group and fight on against the panthers on Friday night.
:sign: once a sprite in black and white.
now I am bold, in black, white and gold

" Hell and heaven, they can wait for you,
So go and do all the things that you want to do ".

From the Stereophonics song " C'est La Vie

ricksen
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by ricksen » Sat 13 Aug, 2016 5:32 pm

We were really poor IMO, and got our way back into that game by sheer determination. So good and bad in that sense.
Just gutted to lose it like that, especially when coupled with Teddy likely being done.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 156 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 13 Aug, 2016 5:32 pm

Gutsy effort, especially getting back into it without Teddy. My feelings, very disappointed, but i already felt deflated after Ted went down, as he'll be a massive loss, assuming he's out. few weeks.

Shout out to Noffa. Absolute animal. Starting to become one of the players that it will be essential to wrap up next yr.

1/4 chicken,chips
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sat 13 Aug, 2016 5:34 pm

We always lose to the not that great teams .albeit we got some calls that did cost us . But that's always the go with us .... JT needs a few good signings and we will go up to the next level ....stuff Hayne ...I'm over him already ..god help us if the gc make the semis ...Ryan James season should be over if they are fair dinkum

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 259 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sat 13 Aug, 2016 5:34 pm

Gutsy Effort...there is heart in this team...All the 50/50's went the way of the Titans...After Teddy was taken out ..they could have easily turned it up...They didn't ...

Very Proud here as well...

Prayers with Teddy for a speedy recovery,,,,
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

maxxy86
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by maxxy86 » Sat 13 Aug, 2016 5:42 pm

Yes my thoughts are for Teddy at the moment....can't be that comfortable at the moment.
However can't say much for our first half. It was like round 3 in repeat mode. But we lacked composure at important times there today. Doesn't help when we have a 247 game veteran playing reserve grade today.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

Magpie Magic
Has liked: 1 time

Unread post by Magpie Magic » Sat 13 Aug, 2016 5:49 pm

Shattered for teddy been copping high shots all year. Truth is the one which he got injured in was probably unitentional.
As for bad calls I think the GC got the worst of them.
The refs wanted to get us home today but weren't goid enough.

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 30 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 13 Aug, 2016 5:53 pm

maxxy86 wrote:Yes my thoughts are for Teddy at the moment....can't be that comfortable at the moment.
However can't say much for our first half. It was like round 3 in repeat mode. But we lacked composure at important times there today. Doesn't help when we have a 247 game veteran playing reserve grade today.
that is exactly what my ex-first grade mate said, they need him in the middle to stabilize the team. He also said that Teddy used to run off Farah so now he was not getting involved so much or not so successully. I would even say make Farah vice captain for when Woods is off the field.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

InBenjiWeTrust
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sat 13 Aug, 2016 5:55 pm

Great comeback without Tedesco, it is encouraging that we never gave up and had a very good chance to win the game :)
Go Tigers

Shubert
Has liked: 2 times

Unread post by Shubert » Sat 13 Aug, 2016 6:02 pm

Down in the dumps feel bad for the team and wishing Teddy a speedy recovery - Very proud of you cubs keep the good fight very brave

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Sat 13 Aug, 2016 6:25 pm

They really put in didn't they. Teddy copping it was bad.

AmericanHistoryX

Unread post by AmericanHistoryX » Sat 13 Aug, 2016 6:29 pm

I'm proud because we had the game in our hands, I'm disappointed we missed the easy goals, but I don't have time to be sad. When the going gets the tough get going.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

GoldXR50Leroy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by GoldXR50Leroy » Sat 13 Aug, 2016 6:33 pm

Magpie Magic wrote:Shattered for teddy been copping high shots all year. Truth is the one which he got injured in was probably unitentional.
Ryan James should have been hunted down by our pack after not only what he did to James ( he was offside BTW) but the late lazy high tackle on Jack, so close yet so far, almost made it to Golden Point.....

Magpie Magic
Has liked: 1 time

Unread post by Magpie Magic » Sat 13 Aug, 2016 6:41 pm

GoldXR50Leroy wrote:
Magpie Magic wrote:Shattered for teddy been copping high shots all year. Truth is the one which he got injured in was probably unitentional.
Ryan James should have been hunted down by our pack after not only what he did to James ( he was offside BTW) but the late lazy high tackle on Jack, so close yet so far, almost made it to Golden Point.....
Your right.
Thats were having guys like Tapau Thompson and Blair is handy.
Less cheap shots.
But our side lacks balance due to our recruitment policy putting lots of pressure on 8halves and teddy.
Anyway the GC are fellow battlers can't begrudge them to much.

scarethecrows

Unread post by scarethecrows » Sat 13 Aug, 2016 6:58 pm

Look on the bright side - with 3 more losses on the cards ....buh bye Taylor!!! BOUYA

TIGER
Been liked: 23 times

Unread post by TIGER » Sat 13 Aug, 2016 7:06 pm

It might not be the most popular thing to say right now but congratulations Titans, they were tough you have to give em that. So proud of our boys we didn't die wondering today but we just lacked polish and patience at times. One of those loses that you take plenty from for the future

Return to “Round 23: Wests Tigers vs Gold Coast Titans”