Mitchell M.

TYGA

Re: Mitchell M.

Unread post by TYGA » Sat 13 Aug, 2016 10:03 pm

A great learning curve for the young fella as our attack was all down the right side with Titans numbers stacked. He buckled under pressure and made way too many mistakes. It is why Brooks is vital to this team as our left edge is dreadful in attack without him and places too much pressure on Moses on the right.

Magpie Magic

Unread post by Magpie Magic » Sat 13 Aug, 2016 10:20 pm

Russell wrote:
Magpie Magic wrote:I believe its a mistake trying to build a team around him.
A good young player overpaid by about 300k not enabling us to retain or buy other good players.
Worth keeping but my issue with him is that to retain him and Brooks we lost,
Austin
Taupau
Koro
Jac
Patty
Blair.
Wonder how many high shots Moses and teddy would have copped with marty and Blair in the team?
And most on that list are in premiership contention.
Patty would have wonus a few on kicking alone.

Know he copped a knock today but was poor.
And while we wait for these guys to get us in the 8 which is 50% of the teams in competition our off season starts now.
Totally disagree with you - I would not want any of those players back. Tigers obviously feel the same way, which is why they let them go.

By the way you do realise that all of them signed with other teams and did not want to stay with the exception of Patty who retired from the NRL.

Imo Moses is worth more than your list all put together.
Worth more than all put together.
Are you for real.

goldcoast tiger

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 13 Aug, 2016 10:25 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Had a shocker, but he's already proven he'll be a champion. A book could be written about what he could learn from today. The field goal attempt with a minute to go was not on. He can't miss penalty goals in the last 7 minutes when the game and season is on the line either.
He hasn't proved anything yet, when he can string some games together in the way that Cleary has, then that may change, be interesting if Brooks is back next week, as to who will play well. As they seldom have a good game at the same time,

Knuckles

Unread post by Knuckles » Sat 13 Aug, 2016 10:27 pm

Tried very hard but they are loading too much onto his young shoulders .... We need some experience out there to help him through.

Magpie Magic

Unread post by Magpie Magic » Sat 13 Aug, 2016 10:28 pm

TigerWoods wrote:
A good young player overpaid by about 300k not enabling us to retain or buy other good players.
Austin
Taupau
Koro
Jac
Patty
Blair.
Wonder how many high shots Moses and teddy would have copped with marty and Blair in the team?

And while we wait for these guys to get us in the 8 which is 50% of the teams in competition our off season starts now.
Disagree. Patty left for one final contract before throwing in the towel. Taupau left for more money. Blair was terrible with us and went to a star studded team because, well, he can't be bothered unless he's playing with stars apparently.
Moses is young. He'll win us more games than he'll lose. We all have bad days at the office.
Thats right. If Moses got a bit less there would be more for Taupau and Blair had an excellent last year with us offloading setting up Tedesco and those 2 along with Thompson would play nearly every game..
Good young players our halves but no better than Ash Taylor but on twice the money.
Causing problems team unbalanced lacking depth.

ricksen

Unread post by ricksen » Sat 13 Aug, 2016 10:32 pm

He had an off day today (his first in about 2 mths), but was still the major reason we got back into the game.

Club Sandwich

Unread post by Club Sandwich » Sat 13 Aug, 2016 11:44 pm

Unfortunately I think we will have to make a judgement call on Brooks or Moses pretty soon. Teddy has to stay, it's clear he's our best but I don't think we can afford to sign both halves, unless we want to stay a team that nearly makes the 8 every year.
I'd say the sensible option is to let Brooks go and get a good half in return, maybe a Blake Green type. It'd be great if all 3 stayed with us but kids are all about money these days. The two halves, especially Brooks need to realise they're still very much rookies and that they can't go around thinking they're worth a lot more than they when they haven't even played 100 games.
Hopefully Pascoe can sort it all out. Otherwise, I'm afraid the bigger clubs with TPAs will come swooping and we'll be left with no one but Rankin and Lovett
Tigers tragic since 1980.

stevied

Unread post by stevied » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 12:44 am

There is no doubt that Moses is a real talent and will establish himself as one of the stars of the game sooner rather than later. Also, he has also played fantastic football in the past three weeks. However, yesterday revealed that he doesn't quite have the composure of a consistent play maker. There were some poor kicks that gave possession away, he fell back into the trap of trying to throw the miracle pass and his goal kicking/ field goal attempts were sub standard. You could say that he cost us the game but that would be unfair. We didn't do enough with the ball in the first half and the Titans were the better overall team. I agree, he will come back stronger and wiser in the future.

Chris

Unread post by Chris » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 1:37 am

Austin
Taupau
Koro
Jac
Patty
Blair.

Thank God you're not in charge of recruitment and retention. Give me Moses in front of all those players put together. Moses is the real deal and will play Origin in a year or two.

goldcoast tiger

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 7:29 am

Knuckles wrote:Tried very hard but they are loading too much onto his young shoulders .... We need some experience out there to help him through.
Cleary is 18, and can handle the job

goldcoast tiger

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 7:48 am

TYGA wrote:A great learning curve for the young fella as our attack was all down the right side with Titans numbers stacked. He buckled under pressure and made way too many mistakes. It is why Brooks is vital to this team as our left edge is dreadful in attack without him and places too much pressure on Moses on the right.
It was no Surprise that they attacked our right side
The whole NRL knows what it's like.
I couldn't understand why the Cows didn't concentrate more on that side as much.
He's going to be under more pressure as time gos on
He's not a rookie anymore, that's what the big bucks are for.

krayola

Unread post by krayola » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 10:21 am

If he's going to be great (the verdict is still out on that) he needs to experience situations like yesterday. All the great players and athletes do. A positive is that he wants to be the guy on that position. Sometimes It's just not in some people's nature even though they may be their team's best option. There's no doubt about Mitch though.

On the opposing side yesterday was another young player, Ash Taylor, who also didn't get it done at the end (and definitely didn't against the Sharks). It took the veteran Hayne to show these two boys how you win a game. In the past Richards did this for us and to a lesser extent Benji and Farah.

And Cleary? Please! He looks comfortable but has hardly 'guided' his team around. Very Adam Reynolds like for mine and is no game-breaker at this stage.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by innsaneink » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 10:59 am

A one point loss and suddenly its all too much for Mitch.
Everyone has an off day

Masterton
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Masterton » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 11:00 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
TYGA wrote:A great learning curve for the young fella as our attack was all down the right side with Titans numbers stacked. He buckled under pressure and made way too many mistakes. It is why Brooks is vital to this team as our left edge is dreadful in attack without him and places too much pressure on Moses on the right.
It was no Surprise that they attacked our right side
The whole NRL knows what it's like.
I couldn't understand why the Cows didn't concentrate more on that side as much.
He's going to be under more pressure as time gos on
He's not a rookie anymore, that's what the big bucks are for.
TYGA is talking attack, you're talking defence.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Masterton
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Masterton » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 11:08 am

Austin
Taupau
Koro
Jac
Patty
Blair.

By your math, we're paying them about a million each. I don't think so.

I would have liked to have kept Koro. A mistake by Potter. It would have been nice to keep Taupau, but not at 600k a season, as Manly have found out.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by formerguest » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 11:31 am

Masterton wrote:
Austin
Taupau
Koro
Jac
Patty
Blair.

I would have liked to have kept Koro. A mistake by Potter. It would have been nice to keep Taupau, but not at 600k a season, as Manly have found out.
It was not Potter's mistake, as he did not choose to get rid of Koro.

pHyR3

Unread post by pHyR3 » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 11:36 am

Austin
Taupau
Koro
Jac
Patty
Blair.

Much rather moses and brooks than austin. he's been very ineffective this year

Taupau was asking for 650k and has also been crap this year - not sure why youd want taupau over moses...

Koro wasn't getting a start ahead of noffa and patty (who youve also named to have kept) so he left. At the time an acceptable move

JAC is probably fair, but farahs contract would have played a bigger factor in that than moses

pat richards....jeez youre clutching here arent you. clearly havent watched him in the SL - he's literally been booed by his own fans. just waiting for the end of the year to retire. we definitely picked a good time to move him on

Adam blair....yeah im not even gonna touch this one. we definitely should look at resigning blair on big bucks :roll: :roll:
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Masterton
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Masterton » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 11:54 am

formerguest wrote:
Masterton wrote:
Austin
Taupau
Koro
Jac
Patty
Blair.

It was not Potter's mistake, as he did not choose to get rid of Koro.
He was playing him in reserve grade behind Keith Lulia! Would you stay if you were Koro?

Return to “Round 23: Wests Tigers vs Gold Coast Titans”