Mitchell M.

Masterton

Re: Mitchell M.

Post by Masterton » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 12:06 pm

pHyR3 wrote:
Adam blair....yeah im not even gonna touch this one. we definitely should look at resigning blair on big bucks :roll: :roll:
Blair is a flat track bully. Pretty good when surrounded by champs at Brisbane or Melby, poor when he has to lead the pack. He was deplorable with the under-strength Kiwis this year.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 12:49 pm

Masterton wrote:
formerguest wrote:
Masterton wrote:
Magpie Magic wrote:I believe its a mistake trying to build a team around him.
A good young player overpaid by about 300k not enabling us to retain or buy other good players.
Worth keeping but my issue with him is that to retain him and Brooks we lost,
Austin
Taupau
Koro
Jac
Patty
Blair.
Wonder how many high shots Moses and teddy would have copped with marty and Blair in the team?
And most on that list are in premiership contention.
Patty would have wonus a few on kicking alone.

Know he copped a knock today but was poor.
And while we wait for these guys to get us in the 8 which is 50% of the teams in competition our off season starts now.
By your math, we're paying them about a million each. I don't think so.

I would have liked to have kept Koro. A mistake by Potter. It would have been nice to keep Taupau, but not at 600k a season, as Manly have found out.
It was not Potter's mistake, as he did not choose to get rid of Koro.
He was playing him in reserve grade behind Keith Lulia! Would you stay if you were Koro?
Potter had him behind Lulia & Richards. Can you imagine being Koro and having those two in front of you.

Potter really stuffed that one.

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 12:55 pm

Its not about keeping these in front of Mitchell but keeping or buying some others as well as he and Brooks.
They are on over 700k thats what Maloney gets.

And Maloney would win us many more on kicking alone.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 1:11 pm

Masterton wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
TYGA wrote:A great learning curve for the young fella as our attack was all down the right side with Titans numbers stacked. He buckled under pressure and made way too many mistakes. It is why Brooks is vital to this team as our left edge is dreadful in attack without him and places too much pressure on Moses on the right.
It was no Surprise that they attacked our right side
The whole NRL knows what it's like.
I couldn't understand why the Cows didn't concentrate more on that side as much.
He's going to be under more pressure as time gos on
He's not a rookie anymore, that's what the big bucks are for.
TYGA is talking attack, you're talking defence.
My apologies

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 1:59 pm

Magpie Magic wrote:
Russell wrote:
A good young player overpaid by about 300k not enabling us to retain or buy other good players.
Austin
Taupau
Koro
Jac
Patty
Blair.
Wonder how many high shots Moses and teddy would have copped with marty and Blair in the team?

And while we wait for these guys to get us in the 8 which is 50% of the teams in competition our off season starts now.
Totally disagree with you - I would not want any of those players back. Tigers obviously feel the same way, which is why they let them go.

By the way you do realise that all of them signed with other teams and did not want to stay with the exception of Patty who retired from the NRL.

Imo Moses is worth more than your list all put together.
Absolutely - he wants to play for us to start with.

Worth more than all put together.
Are you for real.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 2:12 pm

Magpie Magic wrote:Its not about keeping these in front of Mitchell but keeping or buying some others as well as he and Brooks.
They are on over 700k thats what Maloney gets.

And Maloney would win us many more on kicking alone.
Keep upping the figures for these young guys - you'll have them on a million each by the end of this thread.

strrretch

Post by strrretch » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 2:46 pm

yesterday he probably stuffed up more than do good plays.....is similar to Benji in that sense, but Moses plays gutsier, has better defence and doesn't do that stupid sidewise running crap. He has a winner type attitude, which we need

Patts

Post by Patts » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 7:52 pm

You know the saying "cometh the hour, cometh the man"?

Well I've never seen Moses deliver the goods on a "clutch" play. He doesn't have the temperament to deliver when the pressure is on. That said, he's a great talent and should be in the side. But we need a different kicker and backline leader.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 8:40 pm

Masterton wrote:
Austin
Taupau
Koro
Jac
Patty
Blair.

I would have liked to have kept Koro. A mistake by Potter. It would have been nice to keep Taupau, but not at 600k a season, as Manly have found out.
I think we will have to spend around 30-35% of our scary cap on Moses, Brooks, Tedesco. Based on $7m thats $2.450m p.a. I have Teddy on $950k, Moses on $750k and Brooks on $750k. You would also look at the the long term player discounts we can get and also Third Party dollars available. I have said it before this may be a decision between Woods and Brooks as we can't have 4 big dollar players. It will take some sacrifice to keep the band together.

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Sun 14 Aug, 2016 9:51 pm

TYGA wrote:
Masterton wrote:
Austin
Taupau
Koro
Jac
Patty
Blair.

I think we will have to spend around 30-35% of our scary cap on Moses, Brooks, Tedesco. Based on $7m thats $2.450m p.a. I have Teddy on $950k, Moses on $750k and Brooks on $750k. You would also look at the the long term player discounts we can get and also Third Party dollars available. I have said it before this may be a decision between Woods and Brooks as we can't have 4 big dollar players. It will take some sacrifice to keep the band together.
Thats correct.
Only Woods and Tedesco deserve the money now and in Tedescos case at least he isn't getting it.
The halves should only get this money when they reach that ability and that would mean we could have more experienced players helping them out.
If the team continues not to make the semis this is unsustainable.

snowleopard

Post by snowleopard » Thu 01 Sep, 2016 9:47 pm

Don't want to Start a new thread so added this here as think it is very good advice for the edge problem we have

While Lumsden jokes that he and King are in relatively good shape at their age because "we were wingers and never did the dirty work," King had some defensive advice for the wingers of the modern game.

"Modern wingers make bad defensive reads," King says. "I never left my wing because I had confidence that 'Rape' (Johnny Raper), 'Pop' (Brian Clay) or 'Sticks' (Norm Provan) would be there to tackle the centre.

"'Stay on your wing,' Chook would tell me. 'I can't catch a winger but I can bloody well mow down a centre.'

"I never left my wing unless I was absolutely sure that I was going to smash the rival centre with a ball-and-all tackle."